Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. poised to send tanks to Ukraine.

Thumbs down U.S. poised to send tanks to Ukraine.

No, no, no, no, no. Bad idea. This will only escalate things.

https://apnews.com/article/us-m1-abr...f3ac2182076a02

WASHINGTON (AP) — In what would be a reversal, the Biden administration is poised to approve sending M1 Abrams tanks to Ukraine, U.S. officials said Tuesday, as international reluctance to send tanks to the battlefront against the Russians begins to erode. The decision could be announced as soon as Wednesday, though it could take months or years for the tanks to be delivered.

U.S. officials said details are still being worked out. One official said the tanks would be bought under an upcoming Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative package, which provides longer-range funding for weapons and equipment to be purchased from commercial vendors.

The U.S. announcement is expected in coordination with an announcement by Germany that it will approve Poland’s request to transfer German-made Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, according to one official. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision has not yet been made public.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're already sending tanks, they just aren't sending Abrams tanks yet. Only "retrofitted" but still obsolete diesels so far. They're pretending that turbine fuel consumption is a big concern.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-24-2023 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    They're already sending tanks, they just aren't sending Abrams tanks yet. Only "retrofitted" but still obsolete diesels so far. They're pretending that turbine fuel consumption is a big concern.
    In a terrain and country like Ukraine..
    Those tanks haven't seen any combat during the Balkan wars..

I find it amusing how the Canadian news media outlets are bringing their analysts into suggesting with Germany sending Leopard 2 battle tanks could end the war in Ukraine?

Ah yes the sugar coded word "Could end"

This is coming from the same media that claimed that Russia was running out of missiles, ammunition.

not getting there in time because Russia is about to go ape chit on Ukraine x10 worse.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    not getting there in time because Russia is about to go ape chit on Ukraine x10 worse.
    Hopefully, the poor conscripted Ukrainian soldiers will find a way to surrender or refuse orders to be fed into the slaughterhouse.

And death to the nazi's, mercenaries, and western agitators.

It is now reported that its likely they wont be send to Ukraine if not for years..

Viktor Bout says it is madness... Russia will destroy the tanks and right now Americans have to put pressure on their leaders
    or a major war with Russia will happen. Today.

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Thumbs down Sen Mc Connell Praises Biden Decision to Send Tanks to Ukraine

dont get your hopes up for the Republicans.

The Republican senator leader is praising Biden for his decision to send tanks Ukraine.
    Thus further escalating tensions with Russian in the Ukrainian war.

Republican Lindsey Graham is very happy for someone who isnt doing anything for his own state.

Honestly at this point i do hope the Republican lose in elections.
    Key US Lawmakers Endorse Sending Tanks to Ukraine

McConnell: Ukraine Assistance Must Aim at Victory

Mc Connell is coming around they say...
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 01-25-2023 at 01:05 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Viktor Bout says it is madness... Russia will destroy the tanks and right now Americans have to put pressure on their leaders
    or a major war with Russia will happen. Today.

The Republicans love this war as it helps their $$$ from the MiC.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The Republicans love this war as it helps their $$$ from the MiC.
    And you don't think the Democrats want to help the MIC?

I think most of this is to launder money into the Biden crime family anyway.

Both parties love the war machine, what a shocker...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

How long before we start see justification for giving Ukraine nukes?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    In a terrain and country like Ukraine..
    Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the M1A1 was designed in the 70's specifically with Eastern European terrain in mind...?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    How long before we start see justification for giving Ukraine nukes?
    Three months ago.

The president wrote: “Two of your accomplishments … deserve special praise. The first was your tireless work in conceiving and helping to negotiate the Trilateral Statement among Russia, Ukraine, and the United States that will lead to the removal of all nuclear weapons from Ukraine. The second … was your leadership … in securing the adherence of Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine to the Non-Proliferation Treaty.… These are the achievements of a lifetime.”

Reading this letter now, I have to examine my conscience: Were these really achievements worth celebrating? Or should my colleagues and I in the Clinton administration have foreseen the evil that would befall Ukraine 30 years later? Impossible for me to know, but at least I can say how I thought about it at the time.
    https://afsa.org/should-ukraine-have...uclear-weapons

https://twitter.com/ClaytonMorris/st...97898558709769

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...34185629696003

WASHINGTON, Jan 25 (Reuters) - The United States announced on Wednesday it will supply Ukraine with 31 advanced M1 Abrams tanks worth $400 million in a matter of months, a decision that helped break a diplomatic logjam with Germany over how best to help Kyiv in its war against Russia.

President Joe Biden announced the decision at the White House, saying the tanks are needed to help the Ukrainians "improve their ability to maneuver in open terrain."
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/rev...ne-2023-01-25/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The U.S. and the global arms industry are doing their best to provoke Russia into striking first so a larger scaled conflict can be properly justified.

It's plain as day.

Now, if only the bleeding heart liberals could see this for what it is instead of pulling the line of "it's for Ukrainian sovereignty! They need guns! Putin and Russia are bad!"

Putin has repeatedly said he'll come to the table to talk. I'm sure all of this will end if Ukraine formerly cedes the Donbas to Russia and pledges to not join NATO. Those are pretty much the only two things Putin has said are the stipulations. But Zelensky and his cronies are rolling in U.S. taxpayer money right now (with no way for us to track) and the arms industry is looking for new contracts...

And I'm sure the U.S. military is wanting to roll out some of the older models that are close to being decommissioned. And it's also serving as one big experiment to see what Russia will do, study terrain, etc.

So, in summary: it's a game.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    And like Wall St., where the winners win and the losers get bailed out by struggling taxpayers, they figure they can afford to gamble on WWIII because they'll either be deep underground, or in Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And like Wall St., where the winners win and the losers get bailed out by struggling taxpayers, they figure they can afford to gamble on WWIII because they'll either be deep underground, or in Dubai.
    What was that dog's name again?

Oh, that's right: Bingo.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Fuck McConnell with a rusty dirty rake.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    The U.S. and the global arms industry are doing their best to provoke Russia into striking first so a larger scaled conflict can be properly justified.

It's plain as day.

Now, if only the bleeding heart liberals could see this for what it is instead of pulling the line of "it's for Ukrainian sovereignty! They need guns! Putin and Russia are bad!"

Putin has repeatedly said he'll come to the table to talk. I'm sure all of this will end if Ukraine formerly cedes the Donbas to Russia and pledges to not join NATO. Those are pretty much the only two things Putin has said are the stipulations. But Zelensky and his cronies are rolling in U.S. taxpayer money right now (with no way for us to track) and the arms industry is looking for new contracts...

And I'm sure the U.S. military is wanting to roll out some of the older models that are close to being decommissioned. And it's also serving as one big experiment to see what Russia will do, study terrain, etc.

Pushing it further with the escalation in Ukraine could move in a bad way for the elitists.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I would guess that the teams that operate M1 Abrams battle tanks spend many months in training to learn to run this sophisticated piece of military equipment.

When will Ukrainian men be ready to roll these into combat?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I would guess that the teams that operate M1 Abrams battle tanks spend many months in training to learn to run this sophisticated piece of military equipment.

When will Ukrainian men be ready to roll these into combat?
    They might never.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They might never.
    General Dynamics is totally fine with that. Just another 31 tanks that need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the M1A1 was designed in the 70's specifically with Eastern European terrain in mind...?
    Gets nice and muddy in spring. I don't think it's very suitable for (any) tanks that part of the year.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Gets nice and muddy in spring. I don't think it's very suitable for (any) tanks that part of the year.
    Yeah, and that mud is what creates that lush, fertile soil that ends up feeding so many people. But I don't think that it gets so muddy that the M1A1 can't handle it. Could be wrong, I'm not a mil guy, just working off of memory here. Like I said I think it was specifically designed to encounter those conditions.

Yeah, and that mud is what creates that lush, fertile soil that ends up feeding so many people. But I don't think that it gets so muddy that the M1A1 can't handle it. Could be wrong, I'm not a mil guy, just working off of memory here. Like I said I think it was specifically designed to encounter those conditions.
    I'm there with you, I'm definitely not a tank expert, seems to me that the important thing in mud is, gentle power, big track surface, torque and low weight. But as long as you're not stuck;

"I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'm there with you, I'm definitely not a tank expert, seems to me that the important thing in mud is, gentle power, big track surface, torque and low weight. But as long as you're not stuck;

Yep. I also have zero experience with tanks, but I have worked with tracked equipment in my years in construction and yes - flat, wide, and torque are the things you want to transverse muddy landscapes. I *think* the M1A1 addresses those factors... maybe one of our mil members can resolve?

General Dynamics is totally fine with that. Just another 31 tanks that need to be replaced.
    My thoughts exactly. Like Julian said, the goal of war is not to be successful. It is to prolong the war as much as possible to siphon as much money away from taxpayers as possible.

(rumble videos are always black screens for me, maybe someone can kick that and get it working)

(yay it works now thanks Occam)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-27-2023 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast