Thread: Duterte offers $40,000 Bounty: "You policemen who are into drugs ... I want you ... dead."

Duterte offers $40,000 Bounty: "You policemen who are into drugs ... I want you ... dead."

58 dead in 3 days in renewed Philippine anti-drug bloodshed

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Philippine police killed at least 26 more drug and crime suspects in overnight gunbattles in the capital,
    bringing to 58 the death toll in a renewed bloody crackdown in the last three days that received praises from the president.

President Rodrigo Duterte expressed his satisfaction with the new spike in drug killings and reassured law enforcers Thursday
    they will not rot in jail if they get entangled in lawsuits.

"If the police and the military get into trouble in connection with the performance of duty, you can expect,
    I really won't agree for you to be jailed," Duterte said to applause from police officers.

While he acknowledged it may be tough for him to bring the drug menace under control during the rest of his six-year term,
    Duterte said the deadly crackdown would continue without letup.
    He announced rewards of 2 million pesos ($40,000) for each drug-linked police officer who would be killed.

"You policemen who are into drugs ... the bounty I'm offering for your head is 2 million. No questions asked.
    I will not ask who killed you," Duterte told police officers in southern Ozamiz city. "I want you ... dead."

Twenty-six drug and crime suspects were killed and more than 100 others arrested across the congested city in overnight police assaults
    Officials played down suspicions the slain suspects were victims of extrajudicial killings.

The deaths followed the killings of 32 suspects in separate police anti-drug raids Tuesday in Bulacan province north of Manila.
    The police operations took place under Duterte's notoriously bloody campaign that has horrified rights groups
    and sparked a complaint of mass murder against Duterte before the International Criminal Court. The complaint is pending.

Police records show that since the nationwide crackdown started, more than 3,200 alleged drug offenders have been killed in gunbattles with law enforcers.
    More than 2,000 others died in drug-related killings, including attacks by motorcycle-riding masked gunmen and other assaults.

Human rights groups report a higher toll and demand an independent investigation into Duterte's possible role in the violence.

On Thursday, Duterte traveled under heavy security to congratulate officers in Ozamiz, where police fatally shot 15 people,
    including the city mayor, Reynaldo Parojinog Sr., who was among the politicians Duterte publicly linked to illegal drugs last year.

Parojinog's wife and followers were killed in the July 30 fight that police said erupted
    when the mayor's men opened fire as they approached to search their houses.
    The mayor's daughter, who is the vice mayor, and several others were arrested.
    The Parojinogs have long denied allegations of their involvement in illegal drugs and firearms trade and keeping armed followers.

The involvement of politicians, even judges and police, in illegal drugs underscores how the problem has spiraled out of control, Duterte said. "Are we or are we not a narcotic country? Yes we are," he said.

Duterte also expressed disgust over an unfolding scandal
    when a huge amount of illegal drugs shipped from China slipped past the country's ports.
    Senators are investigating officials of the Bureau of Customs, who Duterte has described as "corrupt to the core."

"So how can I finish it?" Duterte asked, referring to the drug problem and adding that even the U.S. couldn't eradicate illegal drugs.
    "If America can't do it, much more the Philippines now."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    fuggn HYPOCRITE PILL POPPER! he will be judged by his own "standard".

this guy is a mass murderer ( not the hitler kind that just cons other people into doing the dirty work) he likes to get involved his self.

how many people has this piece of $hit murdered?

how many pain pills have cleared his toxic gullet?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

ISIS Fighters Mainlining Amphetamines, Emerge ‘Emaciated’ As US Backed Fighters Move In

Islamic State fighters captured in the Battle for Raqqa show signs of intravenous amphetamine injection and malnourishment,
    Operation Inherent Resolve spokesman Army Col. Ryan Dillon told reporters Wednesday.

U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) now control approximately 55 percent of the ISIS capital
    but expect the fight to continue for months to come.
    Dillon highlighted the groups use of IV amphetamines as a “a telling sign of their desperation,”
    noting that it appeared it the fighters needed the drug to stay alert throughout the fight.

The ISIS fighters plight will only continue to worsen.
    Dillon explained that “as central services shut off, as water shuts off, as ability for food to come in and out diminishes,
    it makes it very very difficult to sustain oneself.”

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    ISIS Fighters Mainlining Amphetamines, Emerge ‘Emaciated’ As US Backed Fighters Move In

Islamic State fighters captured in the Battle for Raqqa show signs of intravenous amphetamine injection and malnourishment,
    Operation Inherent Resolve spokesman Army Col. Ryan Dillon told reporters Wednesday.

U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) now control approximately 55 percent of the ISIS capital
    but expect the fight to continue for months to come.
    Dillon highlighted the groups use of IV amphetamines as a “a telling sign of their desperation,”
    noting that it appeared it the fighters needed the drug to stay alert throughout the fight.

The ISIS fighters plight will only continue to worsen.
    Dillon explained that “as central services shut off, as water shuts off, as ability for food to come in and out diminishes,
    it makes it very very difficult to sustain oneself.”
    Just now the captagon story gets some press coverage?
    "You policemen who are into drugs ... the bounty I'm offering for your head is 2 million. No questions asked.
    I will not ask who killed you," Duterte told police officers in southern Ozamiz city. "I want you ... dead."
    How do you give the reward without knowing who pulled off the assassination?
    Also, that is kind of inviting murder for money. A dead man cant defend himself, and claim he was not dealing.
    Worse, Duterte could end up paying dirty cops for killing off the clean ones.

This is what has already happened in Mexico. The drug war got so intense it infiltrated the entire government and police forces. Many of the police forces and army are on cartel payrolls. Entire cities are run by cops who work for the cartels. You don't deal there without going through them first.

Duterte is setting the stage for disaster.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-17-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Just now the captagon story gets some press coverage?

How do you give the reward without knowing who pulled off the assassination?
    Also, that is kind of inviting murder for money. A dead man cant defend himself, and claim he was not dealing.
    Worse, Duterte could end up paying dirty cops for killing off the clean ones.

This is what has already happened in Mexico. The drug war got so intense it infiltrated the entire government and police forces. Many of the police forces and army are on cartel payrolls. Entire cities are run by cops who work for the cartels. You don't deal there without going through them first.

Duterte is setting the stage for disaster.
    Perhaps that is his goal.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Perhaps that is his goal.

I don;t think so. I think he is very much a simple man applying simple solutions to a complicated situation.

If Duterte was a US citizen, would he rally with the left or the right?