Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any Members of RPFs that want to run for state/local office?

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    eh maybe more like 50K
    we will see
    Gunny made State Representative with about 1/10th of that I believe. What he didn't have in cash he made up for in "bust-ass."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Gunny made state Representative with about 1/10th of that I believe.
    But Gunny didn't need a Franzia budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    But Gunny didn't need a Franzia budget.
    You helped get "liquor by the drink," no? How do you know they won't sponsor you?

how long have you lived there?
    did you go to school there?

how long have you lived there?
    did you go to school there?
    Since 1997 and no. I grew up in Atlanta. I currently live in an outer suburb.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You helped get "liquor by the drink," no? How do you know they won't sponsor you?
    I'm pretty sure El Ranchero would sponsor me, lol. I frequently exercise my right to liquor by the drink in that place.

I actually do know a lot of people and so does my husband. I volunteered a lot until my parents moved in with us and I had to take care of them and my husband organizes charity golf tournaments. People love his tournaments because he gives out the best swag...he uses his beer and liquor connections to get all kinds of bar stuff...golf bags, neons, t-shirts...stuff like that.
    Mm. Still need to put together a reconnaissance team. Shouldn't be a task with help from around here.

Hey, what theme are you thinking about for yer MB? That way we can get that scribbled up in draft.

Give us a motto, Suz. What are you running on?

anyone else?
    let's have some fun

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Mm. Still need to put together a reconnaissance team. Shouldn't be a task with help from around here.

Hey, what theme are you thinking about for yer MB? That way we can get that scribbled up in draft.

Give us a motto, Suz.
    LOL, I was just getting ready to ask what an MB was.

Taxation is Theft

what does md stand for?

Taxation is Theft

what does md stand for?
    identify the needs of the community
    taxation is theft is to broad
    slogans should be neutral but affirming (Make America Great Again lol)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Taxation is Theft

what does md stand for?
    Hm. While true, it might put you in the fringe category. Of course, while alternative currency in the form of gold is also reasonable, that'd produce the same result. If you did pull it off, I don't know if you'd survive a second run.

Maybe think of something more mainstream then, experiment aropund once on the inside. Go fishing and whatnot.

Speaking of which, you'll need to be on the down-lo, so you'll need a new screen name, too.

MB=Money Bomb. Proabably looking at 16 weeks minimum to generate sufficient starting bread.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-09-2016 at 05:33 PM.

identify the needs of the community
    taxation is theft is to broad
    slogans should be neutral but affirming
    Okay, I see what you're saying. I'm gonna need some more Franzia for this task.

(Make America Great Again lol)
    Make Taxation Theft Again ?

Hm. While true, it might put you in the fringe category. Of course, while alternative currency in the form of gold is also reasonable, that'd produce the same result. If you did pull it off, I don't know if you'd survive a second run.

Maybe think of something more mainstream then, experiment aropund once on the inside. Go fishing and whatnot.

Speaking of which, you'll need to be on the down-lo, so you'll need a new screen name, too.

MB=Money Bomb. Proabably looking at 16 weeks minimum to generate sufficient starting bread.
    This seems like an awful lot of drama for an unopposed city council seat. I'm not changing my screen name. I think I'm just going to be myself and be honest about my opinions. Ron Paul won and got reelected that way, why can't I? I'm not as smart as he is and I don't have the cute grandpa thing going on but I'm a snappy dresser, very friendly, and babies seem to like me.

I think you're after my screen name, NC.

who knows?
    needs to be tailored to your community
    scout about as NC says

This seems like an awful lot of drama for an unopposed city council seat. I'm not changing my screen name. I think I'm just going to be myself and be honest about my opinions. Ron Paul won and got reelected that way, why can't I? I'm not as smart as he is and I don't have the cute grandpa thing going on but I'm a snappy dresser, very friendly, and babies seem to like me.

I think you're after my screen name, NC.
    Well. Hm. Okay, then. I was likely aready thinking along the lines of State Rep anyway. I suppose we should knock it back down a peg. I was getting ahead of you there. Heh.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-09-2016 at 05:49 PM.

who knows?
    needs to be tailored to your community
    scout about as NC says
    My town is very conservative. Paul Broun was our rep. I would definitely be fringe but I don't think my ideas would shock anyone. Plus, I have some good connections at the old folks home. Before my parents moved in, I used to drive old people to church and have kept up my friendships with them and the people who run the place. Old people vote. I think I would do pretty good uncontested.

will you get rid of the tax on wine?

will you get rid of the tax on wine?
    First thing. I would sell it as a tax on Jesus. It was his first miracle and we all know how he felt about the tax collectors. It's a slap in the face of Christians to tax wine.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First thing. I would sell it as a tax on Jesus. It was his first miracle and we all know how he felt about the tax collectors. It's a slap in the face of Christians to tax wine.
    $#@! keep that up and we can win this

My town is very conservative. Paul Broun was our rep. I would definitely be fringe but I don't think my ideas would shock anyone. Plus, I have some good connections at the old folks home. Before my parents moved in, I used to drive old people to church and have kept up my friendships with them and the people who run the place. Old people vote. I think I would do pretty good uncontested.
    First person community relations are good. Especially existing relationships. That's a good demographic to be aquainted with. Also wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you to just show up and indirectly campaign face to face without actually making it like you're campaigning. They aren't largely a digital presence. So, then face to face is good.

I had a bad experience in a senior assisted living complex, myself. I won a bid to redesign some interior structure except that when I had some contractors bring in some mock-ups of wood products, the old folks started raising hell and throwing turds at me. They thought we were going to burn them down. The one old guy was like "They're bringing in wood...they're going to burn the place down!!" Then turds started flying everywhere. I was in the wind with the quickness on that one. Someone else ended up doing the job.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-09-2016 at 06:06 PM.

$#@! keep that up and we can win this
    LMAO! She's got the chops!

First person community relations are good. Especially existing relationships. That's a good demographic to be aquainted with. Also wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you to just show up and indirectly campaign face to face without actually making it like you're campaigning.
    Old people love me. I'm gonna be great with the seniors. Plus, we (me & my sons) take them cookies at Christmas AND I'm on the funeral committee. I take food to church when people die. I'm in charge of Stouffers Lasagnas.

I had a bad experience in a senior assisted living complex, myself. I won a bid to redesign some interior structure except that when I had some contractors bring in some mock-ups of wood products, the old folks started raising hell and throwing turds at me. They thought we were going to burn them down. The one old guy was like "They're bringing in wood...they're going to burn the place down!!" Then turds started flying everywhere. I was in the wind with the quickness on that one. Someone else ended up doing the job.
    I can't stop laughing.

Old people love me. I'm gonna be great with the seniors. Plus, we (me & my sons) take them cookies at Christmas AND I'm on the funeral committee. I take food to church when people die. I'm in charge of Stouffers Lasagnas.
    Hey, that's good relations right there. It speaks for your integrity. These things you do are a choice. Something that you come through on. Commitment.

I can't stop laughing.
    Hey, if I'm lying, I'm dying. That's the gosh honest truth. That's likely the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. Then, maybe a month or so later, I saw the place on the news. They shut it down because of Legionellosis in the duct work.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    and how do you turn off that post quotes thing?
    This?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/usertag...action=options
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Hey, that's good relations right there. It speaks for your integrity. These things you do are a choice. Something that you come through on. Commitment.
    It's probably hard for y'all to believe but I'm a responsiblish person in real life and no one's ever thrown turds at me. Well, we had a monkey that threw $#@! and masturbated but my mom made my dad get rid of him when I was little.

Hey, if I'm lying, I'm dying. That's the gosh honest truth. That's likely the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. Then, maybe a month or so later, I saw the place on the news. They shut it down because of Legionellosis in the duct work.
    Still laughing....

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah well. Heh. Anyway.

I suppose you kow how to use twitter and other networking utilities. Should likely try to snatch up the local feeds and condense them into one place. Better to direct your message accordingly. Put yourself out there by communicating with those contacts in a publicly observable way. Measure your presence and feedback to kind of skim the pool.

Ah well. Heh. Anyway.

I suppose you kow how to use twitter and other networking utilities. Should likely try to snatch up the local feeds and condense them into one place. Better to direct your message accordingly. Put yourself out there by communicating with those contacts in a publicly observable way. Measure your presence and feedback to kind of skim the pool.
    Yeah but I should probably get fresh accounts. I've got some sketchy friends.
    @GunnyFreedom
    How much money do you think I need to run an uncontested campaign for a city council seat?

Yes, but I'm afraid I have too many skeletons in my closet. How much digging do they do in your past if it's not a very important position? I was thinking if I could win at something easy and do a good job then maybe I could build on that.
    Laura Bush sold weed at SMU. GW, Obama and the Clintons snorted coke on the reg

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Laura Bush sold weed at SMU. GW, Obama and the Clintons snorted coke on the reg
    It's starting to sound like I'm qualified to be a successful politician.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast