Thread: Electoral College abolishment amendment

Electoral College abolishment amendment

Not sure how far this got? I see this as the tipping point to secession on a national scale.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ctoral-college
    by Michael Lee, Social Media Writer |
    | January 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Outside of amending the Constitution, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is an agreement between a group of states that seeks to circumvent the Electoral College by awarding their electors to the winner of the national popular vote if the compact can reach the necessary 270 votes to win the presidential election. The compact currently has the commitment of 16 jurisdictions, comprising 196 of the 270 votes necessary to trigger the agreement.

But Cohen is seeking to do away with the Electoral College through the traditional amendment process, arguing that it is “past time” to institute a popular vote.

“The President should always be elected by the people, not the politicians, and the Electoral College allows politicians to make the ultimate decision,” Cohen said. “It is well past time to do away with this anachronistic institution and guarantee a fair and accurate vote for President.”

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would be guaranteed lock on regional succession which would be a good thing. However the politicos in either side are not stupid what support from foreign powers would they expect? Perhaps each US royal family getting a piece of the pie paid for from whatever foreign powers that support them.
    The question is are the Dems really that stupid.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-16-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This would be guaranteed lock on regional succession which would be a good thing. However the politicos in either side are not stupid what support from foreign powers would they expect? Perhaps each rUS royal family getting a piece of the pie paid for from whatever foreign powers that support them.
    The question is are the Dems really that stupid. What foreign
    Sure, ends justifies the means. As long as it puts them in power. They could easily be backed by some country in Europe. The UK for example or even the EU and just extend the EU policies across the pond.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The question is are the Dems really that stupid.
    That's the first time I ever saw you ask a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Sure, ends justifies the means. As long as it puts them in power. They could easily be backed by some country in Europe. The UK for example or even the EU and just extend the EU policies across the pond.
    Or Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

As if red or blue meant any difference outside of a painting, or maybe a scene in a movie. LOL
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    As if red or blue meant any difference outside of a painting, or maybe a scene in a movie. LOL

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-15-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Wonder how long before they try a "repeal the second amendment" move?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Pragmatically, they're all blue states; and if they had the magic number needed to invoke the pact, then they wouldn't need to.
    That was my take on it.

I'm glad these idiots have something to do to keep them out of trouble.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

See their website:

The interstate compact portion of it would undoubtedly have it challenged in the Supreme Court regarding questions of constitutionality - regarding this

If each state signed onto the pact were to simply enact it immediately rather than collaboratively waiting for other states to reach the magic 270 number, then there'd be no constitutional question.

As of 2021APR26, there are 16 states (with 195 electoral votes ... down 1 due to the 2020 census) that have already signed on. Pragmatically, they're all blue states; and if they had the magic number needed to invoke the pact, then they wouldn't need to.
    CA (54 ... down from 55)
    CO (10 ... up from 9)
    CT (7)
    DC (3)
    DE (3)
    HI (4)
    IL (19 ... down from 20)
    MA (11)
    MD (10)
    NJ (14)
    NM (5)
    NY (28 ... down from 29)
    OR (8 ... up from 7)
    RI (4)
    VT (3)
    WA (12)

It has passed both legislative chambers in Nevada (6 ev's), but the democratic governor vetoed it.

I suppose the states to watch would be the ones in which it has passed one legislative chamber; but, without Nevada, even those wouldn't get it to the magic 270 number to implement it:
    AZ (11)
    AR (6)
    ME (4)
    MI (15)
    MN (10)
    NC (16)
    OK (7)
    VA (13)
    Thanks for posting. Also, that may turn blue:

(TX), (PA), (FL).

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's the first time I ever saw you ask a rhetorical question.

Or Asia.
    Wow, didn't think of that. Imagine the West Coast backed by China, The middle backed by Mexico, the East backed by the EU. Heck Canada might get in the game too.

See their website:

The interstate compact portion of it would undoubtedly have it challenged in the Supreme Court regarding questions of constitutionality - regarding this

If each state signed onto the pact were to simply enact it immediately rather than collaboratively waiting for other states to reach the magic 270 number, then there'd be no constitutional question.

As of 2021APR26, there are 16 states (with 195 electoral votes ... down 1 due to the 2020 census) that have already signed on. Pragmatically, they're all blue states; and if they had the magic number needed to invoke the pact, then they wouldn't need to.
    CA (54 ... down from 55)
    CO (10 ... up from 9)
    CT (7)
    DC (3)
    DE (3)
    HI (4)
    IL (19 ... down from 20)
    MA (11)
    MD (10)
    NJ (14)
    NM (5)
    NY (28 ... down from 29)
    OR (8 ... up from 7)
    RI (4)
    VT (3)
    WA (12)

It has passed both legislative chambers in Nevada (6 ev's), but the democratic governor vetoed it.

I suppose the states to watch would be the ones in which it has passed one legislative chamber; but, without Nevada, even those wouldn't get it to the magic 270 number to implement it:
    AZ (11)
    AR (6)
    ME (4)
    MI (15)
    MN (10)
    NC (16)
    OK (7)
    VA (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Heck Canada might get in the game too.
    Canada is still Great Britain. The media considers the possibility of areas of Canada joining pieces of the fractured U.S. to be The Idea That Must Not Be Named.

I say someone's miscalculating, and when they figure that out, the MSM will never push secession again.

I don't know if secession, which used to be a completely taboo topic in the MSM, is suddenly being pushed because they want an excuse to declare war on us, or because they're just tired of the America as Superpower Era and want us divided and reduced to third world status. But when provinces start getting invited to join in, and start accepting, expect war.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-17-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-02-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Go to Quebec and say that
    I didn't say they were all happy about it. That's kind of my point.