Thread: Patrick Byrne, Overstock CEO Dropping the Reality Bomb on FBN Shills

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Patrick Byrne, Overstock CEO Dropping the Reality Bomb on FBN Shills

Anyone else watching this? He states Greater Depression #2 has arrived due to chronic structural problems which mirror the Soviet Union and Argentina's demise and then these two idiots hit him with "You're saying you don't believe in America?" as if we can simply wish away the suffocating debt model this modern economy has been bolted upon. This is simply rich.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this dude is the $#@!! I saw him on Nightly scoreboard a while back talking up Ron Paul.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

He's done a lot of good work exposing naked-shorting and FTDs (failures-to-deliver).

I imagine that will be one of the unofficial reasons that markets are halted one day.

Tubez?!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"You stick $3T into a dead dog, you can make him get up and run around." - hehe
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

2:45 mark the exchange starts.

how is claiming we may face another Depression unamerican? I mean... we already faced one Depression, so it's not like America is depression proof. If anything, we've romanticized and Americanized the Great Depression to such a degree that you should be able to say we may be facing another Great Depression while eating apple pie and wearing star spangled jockey shorts.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Overstock and Amazon are true winners.... I read alot how they are leaving these states who want to tax their sales, etc. Walmart/Target ect have formed an alliance to lobby for a sales internet tax... just remember that when you shop at Wallyworld next time.

Everybody shop at Overstock...I mean, O.co!

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    then these two idiots hit him with "You're saying you don't believe in America?"

I guess it doesn't matter what we do, as long as our country is still spelled A-m-e-r-i-c-a
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Everybody shop at Overstock...I mean, O.co!
    I've tried to find stuff there a couple of times, I've never found anything worth buying.

I used to do quite a bit of shopping there, bought a lot of books, some art work, etc...
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Anyone else watching this? He states Greater Depression #2 has arrived due to chronic structural problems which mirror the Soviet Union and Argentina's demise and then these two idiots hit him with "You're saying you don't believe in America?" as if we can simply wish away the suffocating debt model this modern economy has been bolted upon. This is simply rich.
    Pathetic.

http://reason.tv/video/show/overstoc...trick-byrne-on

An outspoken critic of online sales taxes, Byrne is a self-declared libertarian who champions short-selling while adamantly opposing the more-controversial practice of "naked" short-selling.

From his journalistic perch at the blog Deep Capture, he and his colleagues regularly chart the ways in which regulators routinely stifle innovation and maintain a status quo that favors connected firms at the cost of competitors and consumers alike.

Raised in New Hampshire, Byrne describes himself as a former "Yankee Republican" who has never felt comfortable with anti-market Democrats and no longer recognizes the GOP as the party of small government and individual liberty.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

At 4:31 I think he was going to say "The only guy who's got a clue is Ron Paul" but stopped himself -- which is good -- he should build credibility and then when they put him on Hannity or O'Reiliy then pump Ron Paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Raised in New Hampshire, Byrne describes himself as a former "Yankee Republican" who has never felt comfortable with anti-market Democrats and no longer recognizes the GOP as the party of small government and individual liberty.
    We could probably use that to our advantage for votes in NH
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    "You stick $3T into a dead dog, you can make him get up and run around." - hehe
    A 3T bionic dog?

Dang inflation is getting bad!

It used to only cost 1M to build a bionic person...