Thread: Judd Gregg: TSA Workers May End The Shutdown

Judd Gregg: TSA Workers May End The Shutdown

On Friday, Miami International Airport announced that one of its six terminals would close early for three days in response to the number of TSA employees calling in sick.

If this were to happen on a wider basis — if getting through airport security begins to take hours or is deemed virtually impossible for the average traveler — Americans would be rightly outraged. They would inevitability express their dissent to those who are responsible: their members of Congress.

Members of Congress and even presidents tend to respond when there is a general uprising amongst their constituents, brought on by a legitimate concern about the government’s failure to operate in an efficient or orderly fashion.

This is the course that ends this shutdown.

It occurs when vast numbers of Americans tell their leaders enough is enough: Stop dancing to the tune of the extremists in your parties and start governing for the betterment of all of us.

The catalyst for this ending could easily be some government function that affects almost all of us, such as security at airports, going haywire.

If that occurs, a solution will surely be found.

Judd Gregg (R) is a former governor and three-term senator from New Hampshire who served as chairman and ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, and as ranking member of the Senate Appropriations Foreign Operations subcommittee.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...d-the-shutdown

How on earth did anyone cope without the TSA?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    End the TSA instead.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

We should start a nationwide campaign to support a 95% shutdown. If anything, it could expose this nonsense of there being a current shutdown.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

It occurs when vast numbers of Americans tell their leaders enough is enough: Stop dancing to the tune of the extremists in your parties and start governing for the betterment of all of us.
    When did my duly elected representatives, which, in my case, do not in any way represent anything I think, or my philosophy of government, become my "leaders"?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    When did my duly elected representatives, which, in my case, do not in any way represent anything I think, or my philosophy of government, become my "leaders"?
    You've got trouble...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

If this happens, and Trump wants to garner huge support, he should sign an executive order allowing airports to operate without the usual required TSA checks until the shutdown ends.

For as long as such a thing has existed.

what guBBermint do we actually need?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Me: The shutdown may end the TSA
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Irony: Cancelling funding for border security in order to try to get more funds for border security.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/border...ue-to-shutdown

Border Protection Officers Sue Trump Administration Over Missed Pay Due to Shutdown

Three Border Protection agents have joined a lawsuit against the Trump administration over unpaid work due to the government shutdown, The Washington Post reports. The National Treasury Employees Union first filed the lawsuit alleging that tens of thousands of its members were being forced to work without pay on Tuesday, with one Border Protection agent included as a plaintiff. On Wednesday, two more agents had been added to the suit, with Customs and Border Protection officers Eleazar Avalos and James Davis now joining fellow CBP officer Albert Vieira. The lawsuit reportedly cites acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney’s warning earlier this week that “payroll will not go out as originally planned” if the shutdown continued after midnight on Tuesday. NTEU president Tony Reardon called the shutdown a “travesty” for employees deemed essential, or those who are required to work without receiving compensation. “Federal employees should not have to pay the personal price for all of this dysfunction,” Reardon was quoted as saying by the Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Irony: Cancelling funding for border security in order to try to get more funds for border security.

He can send the military to take care of it if that becomes necessary.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He can send the military to take care of it if that becomes necessary.
    There is no problem you can't solve without tossing enough military might after it.

There is no problem you can't solve without tossing enough military might after it.
    This kind of problem is perfect for the military.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

To eradicate the rest of the problem, we will need the military to go from door to door and business to business and check the papers on everybody in the country. Make sure nobody sneaks by! More freedoms! Papers please!

To eradicate the rest of the problem, we will need the military to go from door to door and business to business and check the papers on everybody in the country. Make sure nobody sneaks by! More freedoms! Papers please!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    End the TSA instead.
    I second this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I see a problem that the national treasury employees are allowed a union . I would executive order that away . Then fire these people. The rest should quiet down.
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-14-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    Do something Danke

The one thing we learned from Obama penalizing poor people with fines for not being able to afford govt approved health plans was you can do whatever you want and get by with it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I see a problem that the national treasury employees are allowed a union . I would executive order that away . Then fire these people. The rest should quiet down.
    Maybe start with firing the Border Patrol for being union?

People being pd by tax monies are not entitled to unions , it is unacceptable . They can go get a job in the private sector that has union representation if that is what they desire . All govt unions should be abolished .
    Do something Danke

If they won't disband the union, we can always send the military to do the job.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

When you voted
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his