Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "I hope someone truly shoots you" - Conspiracy Theorists Harass Victims

"I hope someone truly shoots you" - Conspiracy Theorists Harass Victims

@Bryan, how can you keep telling yourself these people aren't detrimental to any shattered remnants of the mission we all shared?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia?CMP=soc_567

Braden Matejka survived a bullet to the head in the Las Vegas massacre. Then, the death threats started coming.

“You are a lying piece of $#@! and I hope someone truly shoots you in the head,” a commenter wrote to Matejka on Facebook, one week after a gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more. “Your soul is disgusting and dark! You will pay for the consequences!” said another. A Facebook meme quickly spread with a photo of him after the shooting, captioned: “I’m a lying $#@!!”

The 30-year-old victim – who narrowly escaped death in the worst mass shooting in modern US history – has faced a torrent of online abuse and harassment, forcing him to shut down his social media accounts and disappear from the internet. The bullying, taunting and graphic threats have also spread to his family and friends.

“There are all these families dealing with likely the most horrific thing they’ll ever experience, and they are also met with hate and anger and are being attacked online about being a part of some conspiracy,” said Taylor Matejka, Braden’s brother, who shared with the Guardian dozens of screenshots of the abuse. “It’s madness. I can’t imagine the thought process of these people. Do they know that we are actual people?”

“Obviously a TERRIBLE CRISIS ACTOR,” wrote a Facebook user named Samantha. “HE’S SCAMMING THE PUBLIC … This was a government set up.”

“YOUR A LIAR AND THEFT PIECE OF CRAP [sic],” wrote Karen.

“You’ll pay on the other side,” said a user named Mach. Others called Braden a “LYING BASTARD”, “scumbag govt actor” and “$#@!in FRAUD”, while one user named Josh wrote: “I hope someone comes after you and literally beats the living $#@! outa you.”

Taylor, 28, recalled: “I was just blown away by what these people were saying.”

One woman posted 26 consecutive messages under Taylor’s request for donations for his brother, saying she had been a nurse for more than two decades and that she was certain Braden was a liar and con artist.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-26-2017 at 10:27 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just curious, is there anyone here who actually believes or is pushing the idea that there was not any actual shooting of real bullets into a crowd?

I know a lot of us have questions about the timeline and other pretty significant facts, but outside of maybe one or two posts I don't think I've seen much "tin foil" to the level of stupidity issued by the people in the OPs link.. I certainly believe that some people were actually shot and they are not a part of the problem- they are victims of what already appears to be some crime being covered up.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Just curious, is there anyone here who actually believes or is pushing the idea that there was not any actual shooting of real bullets into a crowd?

I know a lot of us have questions about the timeline and other pretty significant facts, but outside of maybe one or two posts I don't think I've seen much "tin foil" to the level of stupidity issued by the people in the OPs link.. I certainly believe that some people were actually shot and they are not a part of the problem- they are victims of what already appears to be some crime being covered up.

*bull$#@!*

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    [/B]

*bull$#@!*
    Most people here think, at least, that something happened we haven't been told.. that there is, to some degree, some cover-up, of something.. What that is we don't quite know, but there are a lot of suspicious things about the incident.

If all those people who think there is some type of cover-up happening left, you would be here alone with TheCount and Zippy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    certainly believe that some people were actually shot and they are not a part of the problem- they are victims of what already appears to be some crime being covered up.

+rep

'Conspiracy theorists' are largely a product of past actual government conspiracies.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Most people here think, at least, that something happened we haven't been told.. that there is, to some degree, some cover-up, of something..
    Citation for claim?

Most people here think, at least, that something happened we haven't been told.. that there is, to some degree, some cover-up, of something.. .
    Which means that, by and large, the insane people drove the activists away.

Obviously they haven't provided us with all the evidence. And at this point I doubt they have all the answers. But this isn't about this event- this is about every single $#@!ing thing that happens.

Ron Paul is not a conspiracy theorist. Every single unpopular opinion he, and us by extension, holds is supported by documentation from official sources, not YouTUbers putting up doctored videos opining live from their foil lined basements.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is not a conspiracy theorist. Every single unpopular opinion he, and us by extension, holds is supported by documentation from official sources, not YouTUbers putting up doctored videos opining live from their foil lined basements.
    Ya see this is bull$#@!. I agree Ron Paul absolutely does say a lot of things that go against the official narrative, and are supported by official documentation. For example, arming ISIS and Al Qaeda.. that is not something the media tends to discuss, they often deny it, even though the evidence is all out there and published.

Most "conspiracy theorists" also use official documentation to support their 'theories', so you can't just say one side uses facts and the other doesn't.

Also, Ron Paul does NOT take official stories and official documentation at face value LIKE YOU DO.

I guarenfuckingtee Ron Paul does not wake up and say, "Oh wow, the media said the Las Vegas shooting happened like this, they must be right."

I'll guarenfuckingtee Ron Paul questions the establishment on something every day. It doesn't mean he needs to write an article or make a youtube video about it every time.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.

'Conspiracy theorists' are largely a product of past actual government conspiracies.
    Take the conspiracy bull$#@! to ATS. $#@! all of you who poisoned this movement with the endless crazy.

Ron Paul does NOT take official stories and official documentation at face value.
    Name one position he holds that doesn't have a mountain of official documents to support it.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Here Ron Paul discusses several possibly alternative theories on the Vegas shooting:

Take the conspiracy bull$#@! to ATS. $#@! all of you who poisoned this movement with the endless crazy.
    I like a lot of your posts, but I think you are one of the more insane people here for taking the word of the government and media at face value so often... except for when you don't (climate change I think?)

Name one position he holds that doesn't have a mountain of official documents to support it.
    I saw videos of Ron Paul questioning building #7 and 9/11 before people like you started screaming at the top of your lungs that anybody who questions the government narrative is a nutter.

That may have been a good direction for him to go to get his word out on other issues, but it may have also been at the expense of learning the truth about some of the things our government did on 9/11.. but I totally respect his decision.

Wow - I can't believe I'm in agreement with dannno AND angelatc at the same time! And they are disagreeing with each other.

First, I don't believe 99.9% of these conspiracy theories and I think those that do are doing severe harm to the shared mission.

That being said, I also don't believe we're getting the full truth. It appears that there may be reasons for that, but since I'm not privy to the ruling class, I'm not allowed to know what they may be. Maybe there are other things in the works? Maybe folks are covering their asses? Who knows?

What I DO know is that when you push any "theory" you are automatically isolating yourself from anyone who doesn't believe in it. And since most of these theories are piecemeal - meaning that some people may believe in one aspect, but not another - you end up excluding nearly everyone. And none of it is based on a truth - just someone filling in the gaps.

But if we all bring it up to the highest level and ask why everyone is questioning the story - without filling in the gaps - then we'll find that nearly everyone can find something that just doesn't fit right. And they can question why their rulers aren't allowing them to know the full truth. Questions - not answers.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Citation for claim?
    I licked my finger and held it up in the air?

+ rep. This is one of the reasons I post less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Wow - I can't believe I'm in agreement with dannno AND angelatc at the same time! And they are disagreeing with each other.

First, I don't believe 99.9% of these conspiracy theories and I think those that do are doing severe harm to the shared mission.

That being said, I also don't believe we're getting the full truth. It appears that there may be reasons for that, but since I'm not privy to the ruling class, I'm not allowed to know what they may be. Maybe there are other things in the works? Maybe folks are covering their asses? Who knows?

What I DO know is that when you push any "theory" you are automatically isolating yourself from anyone who doesn't believe in it. And since most of these theories are piecemeal - meaning that some people may believe in one aspect, but not another - you end up excluding nearly everyone. And none of it is based on a truth - just someone filling in the gaps.

But if we all bring it up to the highest level and ask why everyone is questioning the story - without filling in the gaps - then we'll find that nearly everyone can find something that just doesn't fit right. And they can question why their rulers aren't allowing them to know the full truth. Questions - not answers.

I licked my finger and held it up in the air?
    yeah, that seems about par for most conspiracy dealers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most people here think, at least, that something happened we haven't been told.. that there is, to some degree, some cover-up, of something..
    Citation for claim?
    Obviously we can't know what's in the minds of those who haven't shared their thoughts, but if you read this thread you'll clearly see that the majority of people who have talked about it question the official story.

And there's nothing wrong with that.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

yeah, that seems about par for most conspiracy dealers.
    Well you being wrong seems about par for most anti-conspiracy dealers.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-27-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    ... and me
    Four's enough for a message board, right?
    Wow, you don't even think they might be covering up ineptness??

Do you go to City Hall on Sunday and worship the Government or something?

I know your name is Voluntarist, but you sure seem to have a lot of faith in government.

And they can question why their rulers aren't allowing them to know the full truth. Questions - not answers.
    Maybe it's because they're conducting an investigation and don't want to tip their hand if indeed there are other suspects.

Also I'm pretty confident their phones are ringing daily with people who "know something"about the shooting. They always keep some details confidential so they have a tool to help determine who is a crank and who legitimately might have inside knowledge.

They keep details quiet so jury pools aren't contaminated.

They practically accused the hotel of negligence when they altered the timeline of the security guard who was shot. That sets up the hotel for lawsuits galore. Perhaps they wanted to be absolutely sure of the timestamps before they announced it?

Police investigations are probably one of the few legitimate functions of government. There are a myriad of reasons they do not and even should not release all the minutiae. I know the crazies get all paranoid because we aren't privvy to the data, but at this point in history that's how all investigations are conducted.

Well you being wrong seems about par for most anti-conspiracy dealers.
    That's funny as I haven't taken a position. I'm agnostic on the subject, I'm certainly more truthful than those making up wild claims and proclaiming them the "truth".

Wow, you don't even think they might be covering up ineptness??

Do you go to City Hall on Sunday and worship the Government or something?

I know your name is Voluntarist, but you sure seem to have a lot of faith in government.
    If there is a point here, try making it without using the word "you." Or just move to the next predictable level and call us shills. No evidence required, natch.

Well said.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's funny as I haven't taken a position. I'm agnostic on the subject, I'm certainly more truthful than those making up wild claims and proclaiming them the "truth".
    I wasn't saying anything about your position on the shooting, that was in regards to your position on the number of people on the forum who question whether there may have been some type of cover-up in the case.

Being that you yourself are in the "question the official narrative" camp like the majority of posters are here, it is kinda funny that you are claiming anything to the contrary, but whatever..

Being that you yourself are in the "question the official narrative" camp like the majority of posters are here, it is kinda funny that you are claiming anything to the contrary, but whatever..
    Maybe someone paid him off. You better watch him.

If there is a point here, try making it without using the word "you." Or just move to the next predictable level and call us shills. No evidence required, natch.
    No, I'm genuinely interested in why they think that way.

The government lies about almost everything all the time, I find it curious why some people find them so believable.

I made no claims. I simply asked a question.

Maybe it's because they're conducting an investigation and don't want to tip their hand if indeed there are other suspects.
    Could be. But then say that. "It's one of the things we are still investigating." or "we believe we know the answer to that, but we are withholding that information for now."

My point - which is in agreement with yours - is that we don't need to jump to false conclusions. It's stupid. Here's a paraphrased conversation I've had several times and it works:

Them: "Can you believe those crazy conspiracy theorists?!"
    Me: "Why do you think it is that they come up with all those theories?"
    Them: "Because they don't believe anything the police tell them."
    Me: "Do you?"
    Them: "Well, not everything..."
    Me: "You're just smart enough not to fill in the gaps with things you don't know"
    Them: "Exactly!"

Now, I have them admitting that they don't just blindly accept the official story in its entirety AND they're friendly and open to me. We're in agreement. Instead of the opposite which is just stupid fighting about it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

No idea who/what ATS are, but that's definitely what did it; that's why Ron Paul wasn't given media coverage or elected to the presidency. That's why so few liberty candidates are elected into office. Yeah, conspiracy theorists are rigging elections.

When men and women take pause at the ballot box they vote against the mission, because they stumbled on the RPF and read members think JFK was whacked by the mob. That Malcolm X was targeted for take down by COINTELPRO. That office fires can't level a ~50 story building. That the CIA complex has been perpetrating illegal wars south of the borders for at least 40 years. That a CNN camera crew could scoop an interview with Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, but America's most wanted man eluded assassination or capture by our vast intelligence complex since '93. That COMINTERN revealed: oh $#@!, communists did provoke WW2 to advance global revolution... Oh, and Remember The Maine ?

Wow! 20th century America's most decisive hours were complete bull$#@!. The game is rigged. I wonder if learning this is so will impact people's outlooks... Maybe $#@! your diagnosis instead? And your feigned intellectual and moral superiority... And your political correctness, Commissar.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast