Thread: CA Cafe Defies Newsom - Opens with NO Social Distancing - People Flock to Eat

CA Cafe Defies Newsom - Opens with NO Social Distancing - People Flock to Eat

A restaurant opened for dine-in service Friday in El Dorado County, California, despite Gov. Gavin Newsom’s shelter-in-place orders meant to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

“I will not survive another month. This place is my livelihood and it’s being taken away from me,” Café El Dorado owner Cherie Baldridge told the Mountain Democrat.

Two months behind in rent and facing insolvency, Baldridge and her two employees realized that opening up was their last resort.
    “Take-out isn’t going to do it. My regular customers don’t like take-out. They like to sit down, relax and eat the food here. So that’s what I’m going to let them do,” she continued.

One man addressed the crowd with a bullhorn and urged participants to look around at the turnout.

“This is America! Look at the turnout! Look at all this red, white, and blue. So many people just proud, proud — standing up for the First Amendment. Our forefathers wrote the First Amendment so that this exact thing would not happen,” he said as people cheered.

Friday, Café El Dorado customer Linda Forni, whose husband passed away in November, said it was good for her mental health to visit the diner that only seated about 25 at a time.

“A lot of regulars are older men who are retired and can’t or don’t cook at home and don’t go out anyway to socialize. They come here and go home mainly, and there is a low rate in the county, so I don’t have concerns here,” she explained.

Thursday, Baldridge got an email from the El Dorado County Environmental Management Department asking her not to allow sit-down service despite reports that the county’s coronavirus cases were on the decline.

However, the café owner refused to comply.

“I have to eat. I have to pay my bills. They’re my rights. This is my business and I have the rights to keep it open,” Baldridge stated.
    Friday, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office (EDSO) said it did not plan on forcing businesses to close or penalize them for not following the order.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You guys need to watch this short video (about 2 minutes.) It will do your heart glad.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    She is a hero!!!
    This needs to start happening all across the country. She defied, she opened, and the people showed up in droves to support her, so much so that she ran out of food.

She is the FIRST one of these business owners, that I am aware of, who did NOT put into place "safe" social distancing rules. She just shrugged her shoulders and said "If you want to come you do. If you don't you don't."

As a result, she took in as many customers as she could and did NOT limit them, and she had record sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post

A restaurant opened for dine-in service Friday in El Dorado County, California, despite Gov. Gavin Newsom’s shelter-in-place orders meant to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

“I will not survive another month. This place is my livelihood and it’s being taken away from me,” Café El Dorado owner Cherie Baldridge told the Mountain Democrat.

Two months behind in rent and facing insolvency, Baldridge and her two employees realized that opening up was their last resort.
    “Take-out isn’t going to do it. My regular customers don’t like take-out. They like to sit down, relax and eat the food here. So that’s what I’m going to let them do,” she continued.

One man addressed the crowd with a bullhorn and urged participants to look around at the turnout.

“This is America! Look at the turnout! Look at all this red, white, and blue. So many people just proud, proud — standing up for the First Amendment. Our forefathers wrote the First Amendment so that this exact thing would not happen,” he said as people cheered.

Friday, Café El Dorado customer Linda Forni, whose husband passed away in November, said it was good for her mental health to visit the diner that only seated about 25 at a time.

“A lot of regulars are older men who are retired and can’t or don’t cook at home and don’t go out anyway to socialize. They come here and go home mainly, and there is a low rate in the county, so I don’t have concerns here,” she explained.

Thursday, Baldridge got an email from the El Dorado County Environmental Management Department asking her not to allow sit-down service despite reports that the county’s coronavirus cases were on the decline.

However, the café owner refused to comply.

“I have to eat. I have to pay my bills. They’re my rights. This is my business and I have the rights to keep it open,” Baldridge stated.
    Friday, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office (EDSO) said it did not plan on forcing businesses to close or penalize them for not following the order.
    Thanks for posting that, it just made my morning. We all need to band together and just open up. The more of us that open up, the harder it is for govt to crack down

Good to see more business owners are defying the stay at home orders.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If i wasnt 3000 miles away i would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    If i wasnt 3000 miles away i would be there.
    We all need to find our own local restaurant businesses in our own community, and let them know as a community that if they open up their doors to serve the public, that we will support them, and help them resist any attempts to close them down.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    We all need to find our own local restaurant businesses in our own community, and let them know as a community that if they open up their doors to serve the public, that we will support them, and help them resist any attempts to close them down.

This can't be stressed enough. If we just leave those brave enough to resist and defy out there swinging in the wind it will be easy for TPTB to just pick them off one by one, make examples of them and terrorize everyone else into submission. We need to stand with these brave souls and make that much more difficult for TPTB.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul