Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: [Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ...How many other stories are they lying about, every day?
    Yes, it's constant , everything is slanted with outright lies, lies trough omission, lies through innuendo,
    supported by the Globalist Agenda.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The whole thing should've gone down as a non-event.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    *sigh* There is no single "it" here. You are conflating two distinct statements - one of which was made by you, not me ...

In response to your criticism of me for "fixing" AF's statement, I characterized the statement I made in post #56 as a "throwaway bit of snark". The statement I said in post #60 that I believed is NOT the one I made in post #56. It is the one YOU composed and asked me about (prior to you presumptuously telling me that I didn't "really" believe it).
    Maybe you should have asked me what post I meant when I said "it" before assuming that I was conflating two distinct statements by you. All the while you been on me for presuming to know what you believe. Well if you must know, I was talking about post #56 in that post. I am asking because if it was snark, then there is no point trying to seriously reply to it.

If that is what you actually think (and unlike you, I will not presume to tell you that it is not), then you are simply wrong. I believe that the "trigger issue" in this story involves much more than just politics. You are free to disagree - but once again, please do not lecture me about what you presume to declare I "really" believe about the matter, despite that I have explicitly said otherwise. I have politely asked this of you twice now. I will not be polite if there is a third time.
    I think this maybe a big misunderstanding as to what a trigger issue is. By trigger, I was trying to describe the issue that set it off. Think of it like a catalyst, the ignition, the spark, the push that without it, the event doesn't start. Yes, the fact that they were young, white male did not help but that was not the trigger. But without the MAGA hat, this event just doesn't happen. This is the whole foundation of my disagreement with your post in #56. You think race and gender, I think politics.

I am sure he didn't. Also for the record, AF didn't express any objections when he +repped me for "fixing" his original statement, either ...

(And I apologize to Anti Federalist for going along with dragging his name into this ... )
    And this is why I chimmed in because you convinced him that race and gender was the issue and not politics and he seems to believe it now. With the way things are going on this site, I am shocked you only had 1 visible rep for that post.

By definition, fallacious arguments are not "solid". Lack of "solidity" is one of the things denoted by the concept of "fallacy".
    Not true, I can make a completely logical argument and in the process call you dirty person, now I have used the ad hominem fallacy. Does this mean you should disregard the logical argument that came before it just because I used a fallacy in my reply? The point I am arguing is mainly that politics and not race or gender is the trigger for this story and by trigger I mean the issue that set if off which if missing from the event gets you no story at all. Try and ignore the many fallacies you can detect that doesn't affect the logic behind my argument when crafting a response

And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). Presently, there are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene. And they will continue to do so even after Trump becomes an ex-president and MAGA hats start gathering dust on closet shelves.
    Yes, there are many people wearing MAGA hats without setting off events like this but there are also 100000x more white males people walking around without MAGA hats and not setting off events like this. There are stories of people (not just white people) kicked out of restaurants, clubs etc just for wearing the stupid red hat. So sorry that I refuse to believe that a bunch of non political white males going about their business visiting Washington DC monuments will lead to a scenario like this well, maybe in 1 out of a 100 times it will cos you can never say never on just about anything happening.

Here's an "experiment" for you. Replace those white teenagers in MAGA hats with black teenagers in the very same MAGA hats. Do that, and we wouldn't be talking about this incident at all - because it almost certainly wouldn't have happened. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened because Phillips and his group almost certainly wouldn't have done what they did. But even if they did, and the group of MAGA-hatted black teens reacted exactly the same way as the MAGA-hatted white teens did, we still wouldn't be hearing about it - because there is absolutely no way in hell that the mavens of spluttering social-justice "outrage" would ever give "legs" to the story by making so much as a peep about what despicable people the black teens were supposedly being, or how they needed to be "punched in the face" (or worse) for being such horrid bigots ...
    You have no idea the kind of grief black people who wear the stupid MAGA hat get. They certainly would have gotten accosted by the group of opposition protesters just like they did with the white kids had they been wearing that hat. And just like the scenrio we are discussing, the red stupid hat will most likely be the trigger to that confrontation. Now the media might not have covered it as much as it did because they have a hard time painting other blacks as racists.
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-21-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Anymore, I don't believe much of anything I see anywhere.

For all I know, a bunch of leftists could put on MAGA hats and then stage an incident and then point at Trump and complain.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I gave up trying to explain logic to the Che dude.
    Ah, that is what it is. Che which must not be getting the old man logic of the Origanalist

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How many other stories are they lying about, every day?
    I assume pretty much all of them. If the story came off social media, then it's guaranteed to be a lie. If it's published by any major outlet, then probably a lie. If the story can be verified from objective resources, then there you go. Why bother to read the news if I still have to hunt for actual facts?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

They want to dehumanize us, before they kill us. Stupid marxists have no idea what's coming.

Indiana-Kentucky Indian Movement and Antifa Plan Tuesday Protest at Covington Catholic School Over Far Left Fake News Scandal

The American Indian Movement Chapter of Indiana and Kentucky are planning a protest on Tuesday at Covington High School in Kentucky.
    80 people have signed up to go harass the children some more at their Catholic school.

Antifa terrorists also put out a notice to protest Covington Catholic School on Tuesday.

The radical leftist group wants to threaten CHILDREN over a liberal media fake news story.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-news-scandal/
    "The Patriarch"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Reminds me why I haven't attended Church in many years. Corrupt temples of man. The RCC is the enemy.

A Message from The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.
    The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
    We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School
    link

Neos are the worst.

Here is what the mayor of Covington, KY says:
    https://www.covingtonky.gov/news/201...m6GhsmW6vsvm6w
    Politicians

“Two days before the holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., an intense discussion took place following breakfast at a Catholic church in Covington’s urban core.

The crowd listened as five courageous young women talked candidly about growing up in Northern Kentucky being, as it were, a bi-racial student in high school, an African-American of Jewish faith, an African-American of Muslim faith, a Mexican immigrant, and the Kentucky-born daughter of Mexican immigrants.

I left the church feeling buoyant: Over the years, the City of Covington has taken strong stances on issues pertaining to diversity, and here were people in Covington taking a leadership role in continuing to discuss issues of race, discrimination, and favoritism.

I felt very proud of this City’s commitment to being a place of opportunity for all people.

But my feelings of pride were soon tempered. I learned that Covington was being linked across the nation to intolerance and ethnic intimidation. Why? Because teens from a local high school were filmed surrounding and mocking native Americans participating in the Indigenous Peoples’ March in Washington D.C. The disrespect shown to a Native American elder, who happens to be a Vietnam Veteran, was particularly offensive.

Videos of the confrontation are disturbing, discouraging, and - frankly - appalling. And they are rightfully inspiring a tidal wave of condemnation, even on the City of Covington’s own social sites, leaving the impression that these are the values of the City of Covington.

Yes, the ironic thing - as people keep pointing out to me - is that the school isn’t even located within Covington. But that’s not the point.

The point is that because of the actions of people who live in Northern Kentucky, our region is being challenged again to examine our core identities, values, and beliefs. Regardless of what exact town we live in, we need to ask ourselves whether behavior like this DOES represent who we are and strive to be. Is this what our schools teach? Are these the beliefs that we as parents model and condone?

Is this the way we want the rest of the nation and the world to see us?

In answer, let me - as Covington’s mayor - be absolutely clear: No. The videos being shared across the nation do NOT represent the core beliefs and values of this City.

Covington is a diverse community, in areas of race, national origin, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, and income.
    We are one of the few cities in Kentucky with a Human Rights Ordinance that protects ALL people, including those with diverse gender identities and sexual orientation. And we have urged our fellow cities in Northern Kentucky to follow our lead.
    In fact, this past summer I joined Covington’s police chief leading Northern Kentucky’s Pride Parade. City vehicles drove in the parade, and department heads marched with a banner proudly proclaiming our beliefs.
    The City also is led by elected officials and top administrators at the highest level who represent the diverse makeup of Covington. The people who make decisions here are not homogenous in racial background, ethnicity, age, gender, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. Far from it.
    We welcome the recent opening of the Esperanza Latino Center in Covington as a resource center for all of our residents with roots south of the Rio Grande, and I was proud to attend their opening ceremony.
    We financially support our local Human Rights Commission and take seriously any complaints received.
    Our police and other public safety officials enforce the law fairly across the board on behalf of all people.
    And by our ordinances and by the implementation of programs, we have made it clear that all people should enjoy the opportunity for a good and successful life.
    No, we’re not perfect. More progress needs to be made, and we will continue to work diligently on making it.

In the meantime, Covington is proud of being a welcoming City where bigotry, discrimination, and hatred will not be tolerated.

I'm starting to wonder if all those history book photos were staged as well.

"The Patriarch"

What a virtue signaling piece of $#@!. But he's a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Politicians

Politicians
    $#@! mayor. Life is simple. Follow the golden rule. He's consumed with diversity as opposed to the moral fiber of the people. He has to genuflect in front of the PC altar like a carnival monkey.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone think this might cause a shift from the road to insanity. I am seeing a few progressives who bit this hook line and sinker admit that their emotions were used and that this was fake news. I have also seen conservatives actually get pissed at how these kids were slandered. There are some with TDS who are still villifying these kids. I am hoping this incident causes a rift between decent progressives and the loony left.

Not every local politician is abandoning these boys and virtue signaling to the insane left...

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...81630598172672
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...68862620127232
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Not every local politician is abandoning these boys and virtue signaling to the insane left...

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...81630598172672
    Massie is a rock.

These people need to go away. Stop ramming your insane agenda down our throats, under the guise of racial equality.

Last edited by AuH20; 01-21-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Shrill harpies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The Injuns called us the "white man", they seemed to think there was a significant difference, if you don't like it then go talk to them.
    ONLY in Hollywood Movies.

I doubt they had a word for white other than "snow".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Anyone else find it a little ironic that these kids were wearing MAGA hats in support of a man whose truely believes in abortion. Heck, he once supprted partial birth abortions.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

"Paleface" then, it doesn't matter, they weren't some kind of color blind saints, they put a lot of significance in the ethnic differences between us.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-21-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Oh wow. Where did you acquire this knowledge of native linguistics? Does this apply to all tribes?

Oh wow. Where did you acquire this knowledge of native linguistics? Does this apply to all tribes?
    I don't know all tribes,, but only the one I learned at 12 yrs old workin' in a Logging Camp.

I doubt there is very much difference,, the language was based in Concepts rather than minutia.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Massie defends Covington students: 'It is my honor to represent them'
    By David Harten - Jan. 20, 2019

Rep. Thomas Massie came to the defense Sunday evening of the students from Covington Catholic High School who were involved in a confrontation with a Native American man this weekend in Washington, D.C.

The Kentucky's 4th District representative, which includes Northern Kentucky where Covington Catholic is located, tweeted that after watching "over an hour" of video on the incident, he believed the students were there participate in the March for Life and got a "brutal lesson in the unjust court of public opinion and social media mobs."

"I urge everyone to watch the other videos before passing judgement. Would you have remained that composed at that age under those circumstances?" he said on Twitter.

Massie added that it was his honor "to represent them."
    More: https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ts/2634130002/

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast