View Poll Results: Do you support Rand Paul for president 2024?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Count me in!

20 62.50%
  • Maybe. We'll see what happens.

8 25.00%
  • No because Rand's just not going to run.

2 6.25%
  • No because I prefer Cheetah man

1 3.13%
  • No because I'm afraid for his life.

0 0%
  • No because nobody with the last name "Paul" can win.

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you support Rand Paul for president 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Yes he does, because the dollar is the only money. By making bitcoin the same as the dollar, it elevates bitcoin to special status indeed, and the beneficiaries are not the people, but the global oligarchy and secret groups who run it. Money is not just a thing you trade for other stuff. If that were true, why did Andrew Jackson fight the private central bank? Why did Jefferson warn against the same, and insist upon the public ownership of banks?
    Because Andrew Jackson wanted money to remain just a thing you trade for other stuff. He wanted it to remain money, a convenient asset with actual intrinsic value, and didn't want us stuck getting our wealth drained by the perpetrators of a Legal Currency.

What did you think? Seriously? That Ron and Rand Paul want to pass laws to make gold suffer inflation?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-08-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's affirm first, about making bitcion non-taxable and money (legal currency), which is what Ron supports. You don't get taxed for holding dollars. So he thinks we should have a digital currency, NOT accountable to the people or their government, that the holders thereof benefit from its rise in value without taxation, because it is NOT AN ASSET, it is CURRENCY. So - I argue the cryptoassets - digital assets - should NOT be currency but stay as assets. Do you want a digital transaction society ? This is the one world scheme.. NO ACCOUNTABILITY to the governments. BROKE governments. Who do you think created cryptos? Who owns them, and the networks? Who shut down Mt. Gox and murdered Autumn Radtke, took over and started the Dark Web? Who is "Satoshi"? Why does Bill Gates patent link cryptocurrency payment systems with human biology in a patent numbered 666? You consider these things. Then remember why the dollar lost value - because of the plot to form the Federal Reserve, and who debased the dollar, whose interests did FDR act under in 1933?
    Ron said: “My concern is that governments over centuries have been notoriously very eager to have control of the money. Believe me, they will not give up control of money,” he emphasized. (link I posted already)
    Contrarily, I would say, his concern should be that governments were not eager ENOUGH to have control of the money. That is how the people and the states lost power to the cabal. That is how they came to own us like cattle and direct our lives. Freedom doesn't arise when control is rescinded, as it was by our representatives. Freedom will not increase if we adopt just another tool, even more nefarious, from the same cabal, and this time the repurcussions are much more transformative than mere inflation.
    I can't follow much of what you just said here. But notably, you still haven't pointed out any specific thing Ron Paul said, in his own words, that you disagree with.

Reading between the lines it looks like you really strongly believe that Bitcoin should be taxed though.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I can't follow much of what you just said here. But notably, you still haven't pointed out any specific thing Ron Paul said, in his own words, that you disagree with.

Reading between the lines it looks like you really strongly believe that Bitcoin should be taxed though.
    Snowball the Statist trying to read between the lines because he thinks Ron and Rand Paul want to try to regulate Competing Official Legal Currencies is what caused this whole mess. Maybe reading between the lines is an unwise approach.

Try this: Assume he's so authoritarian it boggles his mind that kids trade Three Musketeers bars for Hot Wheels without going to the government and having one or the other declared a Legal Tender, and go from there.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-08-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because Andrew Jackson wanted money to remain just a thing you trade for other stuff. He wanted it to remain money, a convenient asset with actual intrinsic value, and didn't want us stuck getting our wealth drained by the perpetrators of a Legal Currency.

What did you think? Seriously? That Ron and Rand Paul want to pass laws to make gold suffer inflation?
    This is incorrect. Andrew Jackson opposed the formation of a private interest central bank for the same reasons Jefferson and many others did. He knew it was composed of foreign oligarchs and un-American monopolists who sought to take the country over. Well, this already happened. Now, you don't oppose it by keeping that in place and giving another, even worse thing the same power. All the same arguments he made to oppose the private bank can be applied to a private cyptocurrency regime. The same people created it. They own it. Wake UP. They want traceable, trackable, surveilled, and worthless money that is NOT EVEN within the political ability of the public to affect. If you think the Fed is bad, and it IS, someday you will understand why the same people created cryptos. It's just more of their own skrill. It enforces their power even harder and more effectively. http://www.campaignforliberty.org/an...e-central-bank

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Snowball the Statist trying to read between the lines because he thinks Ron and Rand Paul want to try to regulate Competing Official Legal Currencies is what caused this whole mess. Maybe reading between the lines is an unwise approach.
    He does seem to be doing a lot of muddying up with his words.

One distinction is that may need to be clarified is different ways that someone may use the phrase "legal tender."

On the one hand, someone may mean a special government granted status to a currency that obligates creditors to accept it in payment of debts when a debtor chooses to pay using it whether those creditors want to accept that kind of payment or not, such as the way the statement on Federal Reserve Notes declaring them legal tender is usually taken.

One the other hand, someone may just mean it literally, that it is simply legal to use that currency if you want to, and not that anybody who doesn't want to should be forced to.

I'm certain that all Ron Paul has said in favor of Bitcoin being legal tender is in the latter sense.

That seems completely unobjectionable to me. And Snowball has not provided a quote of RP advocating anything more than that and not taxing Bitcoin.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

This is incorrect.
    No, it isn't. And you aren't Matt Collins.

Andrew Jackson opposed the formation of a private interest central bank for the same reasons Jefferson and many others did. He knew it was composed of foreign oligarchs and un-American monopolists who sought to take the country over.
    How? Take it over how? What was the mechanism? Via a Legal Currency? Jackson was trying to prevent someone from taking a population which was thriving using plain old money and sapping that wealth by forcing them to use their Legal Currency? Is that what you mean?

Then how is what I said incorrect?

Do you think Bitcoin is somehow legal tender nowhere on earth, and fiat currency too? What do you think fiat means? Do you think it's only an acronym for Fabricators of Italian Automobiles in Turin?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-08-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Question

Considering some of the characters you've associated with, some of the good initiatives you've worked like the devil to torpedo, and some of the positions you've taken, I'd say flunking your "purity test" is a major selling point for a candidate. I'd put your "purity test" between a Grammy and a Nobel Peace Prize for being about something other than what they claim to be about.
    What the hell are you even talking about?

Seriously man, don't pick up the crack pipe until after you post.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'm certain that all Ron Paul has said in favor of Bitcoin being legal tender is in the latter sense.

That seems completely unobjectionable to me. And Snowball has not provided a quote of RP advocating anything more than that and not taxing Bitcoin.
    Ron is against all legal tender. He's been against legal tender for a long time, even introduced a bill in 2003 to that effect.
    When he says allow bitcoin to compete fully with the dollar, he means more than just not taxable. He means legal tender,
    just like El Salvadorian president wants to do.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ron+paul+%...&t=ffsb&ia=web

Ron is against all legal tender. He's been against legal tender for a long time, even introduced a bill in 2003 to that effect.
    When he says allow bitcoin to compete fully with the dollar, he means more than just not taxable. He means legal tender,
    just like El Salvadorian president wants to do.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ron+paul+%...&t=ffsb&ia=web
    Notice how you just contradicted yourself by equivocating on the term "legal tender" in exactly the way I just explained.

Either Ron Paul is against all legal tender, or he is for making Bitcoin legal tender. It can't be both.

In reality, he's against it in the first sense that I explained in post #65, and he's for making Bitcoin legal in the second sense I explained in that same post.

Both of those positions are totally consistent and totally unobjectionable.

If you object to legalizing the use of Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, and not taxing it, then what specific policy that would accomplish those things that Ron Paul supports, and that you can actually quote him supporting, do you object to. No vague abstractions. Specifics.
    Ron Paul

See, this is the problem. Even the people who understand there's a problem and want to fix it are so brainwashed and confused that they don't know when they're looking straight at a living Senator who has all the best of what Andy Jackson had.

ETA:. And no, repeating your debunked falsehood doesn't improve its smell at all.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-08-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Notice how you just contradicted yourself by equivocating on the term "legal tender" in exactly the way I just explained.

Either Ron Paul is against all legal tender, or he is for making Bitcoin legal tender. It can't be both.

In reality, he's against it in the first sense that I explained in post #65, and he's for making Bitcoin legal in the second sense I explained in that same post.

Both of those positions are totally consistent and totally unobjectionable.

If you object to legalizing the use of Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, and not taxing it, then what specific policy that would accomplish those things that Ron Paul supports, and that you can actually quote him supporting, do you object to. No vague abstractions. Specifics.
    I think I said what I wanted to. No reason to beat a dead horse. He wants bitcoin to enjoy all the same treatments as the dollar, which means the same as Federal Reserve Notes and United States Notes. https://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...al-tender.aspx

I think I said what I wanted to. No reason to beat a dead horse. He wants bitcoin to enjoy all the same treatments as the dollar, which means the same as Federal Reserve Notes and United States Notes. https://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...al-tender.aspx
    He wants to repeal the legal tender laws that give the dollar that special treatment so that people can be free to make agreements with one another using whatever the parties involved choose to use as payment. He wants to give Bitcoin (and every other currency anybody wants to use) equal status with FRNs under the law by taking FRNs off that pedestal, not by putting Bitcoin on it.

If you want to criticize what he says, give the actual quotes and point to the words he actually used, which you have repeatedly refused to do throughout this thread.
    Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personally I think for those of you interested in saving America and anything good about it presently you'll need to see that competition for currencies is needed. The FRN is on the way to the trash bin without that I guess.
    Do something Danke

He wants to repeal the legal tender laws that give the dollar that special treatment so that people can be free to make agreements with one another using whatever the parties involved choose to use as payment. He wants to give Bitcoin (and every other currency anybody wants to use) equal status with FRNs under the law by taking FRNs off that pedestal, not by putting Bitcoin on it.

If you want to criticize what he says, give the actual quotes and point to the words he actually used, which you have repeatedly refused to do throughout this thread.
    I already did that but for some reason you still don't grasp the distinctions. People are already "free to make arrangements with one another using whatever the parties involved choose to use as payment". That has always been the case and is not even relevant to the topic.

I already did that but for some reason you still don't grasp the distinctions. People are already "free to make arrangements with one another using whatever the parties involved choose to use as payment". That has always been the case and is not even relevant to the topic.
    Let's see if we can make this so simple even you can understand it.

He does grasp the distinction.

Ron and Rand Paul do grasp the distinction.

"The distinction" is legal tender laws dating back to 1913.

Ron and Rand Paul want to repeal those laws, and completely do away with "the distinction".

That can really, really happen.

Now do you finally understand The Distinction?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-09-2021 at 09:26 AM.

The problem is, I understand the distinctions, and you're trying to erase them. Every time you try to criticize RP's position you pull a switcheroo where you replace his position with things you made up and can't find any quotes of him saying.
    Ron Paul

Let's see if we can make this so simple even you can understand it.

He does grasp the distinction.

Ron and Rand Paul do grasp the distinction.

"The distinction" is legal tender laws dating back to 1913.

Ron and Rand Paul want to repeal those laws, and completely do away with "the distinction".

That can really, really happen.

Now do you finally understand The Distinction?
    Dude, you're just plain wrong. It isn't about 1913. The Legal Tender Act was in 1862, and it was ruled Consitutional in 1863.
    The demands for what IS money and HOW money should be regulated are in the damn U.S. Constitution and subsequent laws.

I do not wish to discuss this topic with you or Invisble any longer.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-09-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Dude, you're just plain wrong. It isn't about 1913. The Legal Tender Act was in 1862, and it was ruled Consitutional in 1863.
    The demands for what IS money and HOW money should be regulated are in the damn U.S. Constitution and subsequent laws.

Where in the US Constitution does it require that the government deem it illegal for people to use Bitcoin as money in their exchanges with eachother?

Or to tax Bitcoin?

Or to pass laws requiring that all creditors must accept payment of debs made in Federal Reserve Notes, such that people may not be allowed the freedom to choose to enter contracts with one another requiring the use of Bitcoin or anything else besides FRNs for payments of debts?
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 06-09-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Ron Paul

I'm sure you don't want me smacking down your anti-Rand Paul trolling and your outright lies.

You know. The way the Supreme Court struck down the Legal Tender Act of 1862 in 1863.

Unfortunately for you, what lying trolls want from me and what they get from me are two different things.

That mention of the 1862 Legal Tender Act was curious. The whole point of that act was to empower the federal government to print, use, and require the use of money that was not backed by gold or silver.
    @Snowball, are you a modern greenbacker?
    Ron Paul

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would, but realistically I think the GOP would never nominate him. The GOP is not liberty minded enough to do so.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

That mention of the 1862 Legal Tender Act was curious. The whole point of that act was to empower the federal government to print, use, and require the use of money that was not backed by gold or silver.
    @Snowball, are you a modern greenbacker?
    I've pretty much ceased having any active, least of all hopeful thoughts or discussions regarding the financial state and ownership of this country we live in. But since you ask, greenbacks would be preferable to what we have now. That doesn't mean it's what I would support if we were starting from scratch. I believe money should have intrinsic value above and beyond the fiat mandate of the government. I do not believe that "cryptocurrencies" fill that requirement, nor to they exist as tangible, real assets of any sort. The most consitutional money is gold and silver. I oppose automatic money supply expansion via debt, wall street speculation and collusion, independent market pricing of the national (or state) currency, and especially any form of purported currency that is owned and issued by anyone other than the sovereign entity.

Therefore, something along the line of United States Notes, backed by gold or silver, in denominations thereof, and restricted in a standardized supply set by law and in harmony with the responsible capabilities of the natural world and its protection would be my choice. I would also re-set the playing table before this happened, so that the present perversely established and astronomically affluent uber-elites would have a significant portion of their current worth not entirely redeemable into the new sound money supply, because if they were allowed full redemption, the needs of the public would suffer in the same manner they already do, which is giving us political bolshevism. So we have to create a much more level ground.

I've pretty much ceased having any active, least of all hopeful thoughts or discussions regarding the financial state and ownership of this country we live in. But since you ask, greenbacks would be preferable to what we have now. That doesn't mean it's what I would support if we were starting from scratch. I believe money should have intrinsic value above and beyond the fiat mandate of the government. I do not believe that "cryptocurrencies" fill that requirement, nor to they exist as tangible, real assets of any sort. The most consitutional money is gold and silver. I oppose automatic money supply expansion via debt, wall street speculation and collusion, independent market pricing of the national (or state) currency, and especially any form of purported currency that is owned and issued by anyone other than the sovereign entity.

Therefore, something along the line of United States Notes, backed by gold or silver, in denominations thereof, and restricted in a standardized supply set by law and in harmony with the responsible capabilities of the natural world and its protection would be my choice. I would also re-set the playing table before this happened, so that the present perversely established and astronomically affluent uber-elites would have a significant portion of their current worth not entirely redeemable into the new sound money supply, because if they were allowed full redemption, the needs of the public would suffer in the same manner they already do, which is giving us political bolshevism. So we have to create a much more level ground.
    Gold and Silver don't have intrinsic value either. "Value," by definition, is subjective. Nobody has to value Gold or Silver, and different people assign different values to them relative to other things. Just like they do with Bitcoin and Federal Reserve Notes.

The key is that people need to be free to do that according to their own preferences, and not according to a government compelling them to use any currency, whether they would otherwise value it or not, with threats of force.

If the government got out of the way, the market would give Gold and Silver their rightful place as money. And it probably would give cryptocurrencies a place too. That would be up to individual people and their own varying subjective evaluations of these currencies. As it should be.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 06-10-2021 at 07:33 AM.
    Ron Paul

Gold and Silver don't have intrinsic value either. "Value," by definition, is subjective. Nobody has to value Gold or Silver, and different people assign different values to them relative to other things. Just like they do with Bitcoin and Federal Reserve Notes.

The key is that people need to be free to do that according to their own preferences, and not according to a government compelling them to use any currency, whether they would otherwise value it or not, with threats of force.

If the government got out of the way, the market would give Gold and Silver their rightful place as money. And it probably would give cryptocurrencies a place too. That would be up to individual people and their own varying subjective evaluations of these currencies. As it should be.
    Gold and Silver do have intrinsic value for many reasons. Anyway, you'll have a lot of repealing to do, if your dream is what you express.
    I don't agree with it or find it in any way beneficial, so I don't see a reason to continue the conversation.

Gold and Silver do have intrinsic value for many reasons. Anyway, you'll have a lot of repealing to do, if your dream is what you express.
    I don't agree with it or find it in any way beneficial, so I don't see a reason to continue the conversation.

All of those reasons boil down to subjective value judgments made by human beings, meaning they are not intrinsic to the Gold and Silver themselves.

You are right about the level of repealing of laws I would support. But even without repealing those laws, we can also have opinions about more short-term realistic proposals. And sometimes it's not support for repealing a law, but opposition to passing a new one, such as a law that would violate my right to make agreements with other people in which both parties choose to use Bitcoin as money. Just because the government is still doing a lot of bad things, that doesn't mean I have to approve of it doing even more.
    Ron Paul

All of those reasons boil down to subjective value judgments made by human beings, meaning they are not intrinsic to the Gold and Silver themselves.

You are right about the level of repealing of laws I would support. But even without repealing those laws, we can also have opinions about more short-term realistic proposals. And sometimes it's not support for repealing a law, but opposition to passing a new one, such as a law that would violate my right to make agreements with other people in which both parties choose to use Bitcoin as money. Just because the government is still doing a lot of bad things, that doesn't mean I have to approve of it doing even more.
    Gold and Silver have intrinsic value not only from historical use but for their metallic properties.
    Use of bitcoin or anything else between parties is not the same as legal tender. Legal tender demands it MUST be accepted. Ron was being ambiguous by saying put bitcoin on tax free status "on par" with the dollar while leaving the legal tender aspect unresolved, so we were left to consider his position against ANY legal tender. Government today does almost everything wrong, and that's not going to change. This is one reason why I don't even support our form of government anymore.

Gold and Silver have intrinsic value not only from historical use but for their metallic properties.
    They have intrinsic metal properties. But those properties by themselves don't constitute value. Those properties only have value to thinking beings who evaluate them. Those evaluations are subjective, not intrinsic. Different people value them differently according to their own preferences, and they are even free not to value them at all.

Use of bitcoin or anything else between parties is not the same as legal tender. Legal tender demands it MUST be accepted.
    There you go again, equivocating on the words. You know full well that Ron Paul never once advocated any policies that would require anyone to accept Bitcoin. And you have produced no quotes where he says anything like that.
    Ron Paul

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I don't think I can forgive Rand for that time a few years ago when he voted a way that I slightly disagreed with.
    We know you're a sellout who supports Trump. But thanks for stating the obvious.

This is why I can't support him anymore:
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...wType=expanded

31 out of 49 GOP Senators co-sponsored, including Rand.

Let's mention the ones who did not:
    Shelby (AL), Murkowski (AK), Risch (ID), McConnell (KY), Collins (ME), Wicker (MS), Blunt (MO), Fischer (NE), Sasse (NE), Burr (NC), Portman (OH), Toomey (PA), Graham (SC), Rounds (SD), Cornyn (TX), Lee (UT), Romney (UT).

How many of those are genuine objections ? maybe half. maybe. I don't know. All I know is Rand didn't have to co-sponsor, and that's all I need to know.
    I agree with this.
    There's no hand that forces Rand to be a zionist, but he increasingly alligns himself that way. It's sad and the zionist lobby is the main thing wrong with american politics today.

Anyway, besides that, it's clear that Rand 2024 gets at best a lukewarm greeting.
    Here on all places.
    So he should not run, its a waste of effort time and money imo.
    He should only run when the deficits and debt bomb really explodes.
    Then he can lean on his fiscal conservatism to make some headway.
    Lets just hope no jew has blackmail on him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast