Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump pushing gun control on Republicans - leaked document

Thumbs down Trump pushing gun control on Republicans - leaked document

Trump is using AG Barr to push gun control on Republicans. Here is a leaked document:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/18/w...kground-check/

And AG Barr was on the Hill today pushing it personally:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ag-...un-legislation
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump may not have anything to do with it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

In before swordsmyth defends Trum.....

Well $#@!..
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Well $#@!..
    LOL

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Well $#@!..
    He takes his job very seriously, you gotta be quicker than that.
    "The Patriarch"

Republicans have been pushing gun control for decades. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this kind of stuff is going on.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moving my post from earlier thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ol-On-Republic

If you are on the Trump train now is about a good time to get off and support a primary challenger or a third party candidate. If he does a 180 it does not preclude the chance to stop at the next station and get back on. However if you stay on the train you are aiding and abetting a loss of your gun rights in the future. Trump needs to be taught a lesson now before it is too late.

What does Trump not understand about the second amendment is not to be infringed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    And AG Barr was on the Hill today pushing it personally:

Doesn't he have more important things to do, like figuring out who whacked Epstein?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Another fake news frenzy.

read the update to the Daily Caller story at the bottom, from the white houde deputy press secretary.

"trump has not signed off on this, not even close"

the story was updated 4 hours ago.

but hey bitch first, analyze souces later.
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-18-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Moving my post from earlier thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ol-On-Republic

If you are on the Trump train now is about a good time to get off and support a primary challenger or a third party candidate. If he does a 180 it does not preclude the chance to stop at the next station and get back on. However if you stay on the train you are aiding and abetting a loss of your gun rights in the future. Trump needs to be taught a lesson now before it is too late.

What does Trump not understand about the second amendment is not to be infringed upon.
    From the article:
    UPDATE (11:45 am):
    White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley told The Atlantic’s Elaina Plott that President Donald Trump has not necessarily signed off on the plan being circulated to senators and congressmen.
    “Not even close,” he said.

UPDATE (11:50 am):
    Indiana Republican Sen. Mike Braun’s communications director disputed that Braun was in any meetings with Barr or Ueland regarding the gun proposal. Braun’s name has been removed from the article.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Another fake news frenzy.

read the update to the Daily Caller story at the bottom, from the white houde deputy press secretary.

"trump has not signed off on this, not even close"

the story was updated 4 hours ago.

but hey bitch first, analyze souces later.

If that is true, then Barr needs to be fired immediately and charged with treason.

Do you think that will happen?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    From the article:
    UPDATE (11:45 am):
    White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley told The Atlantic’s Elaina Plott that President Donald Trump has not necessarily signed off on the plan being circulated to senators and congressmen.
    “Not even close,” he said.

UPDATE (11:50 am):
    Indiana Republican Sen. Mike Braun’s communications director disputed that Braun was in any meetings with Barr or Ueland regarding the gun proposal. Braun’s name has been removed from the article.
    Trump is probably hoping his base does not notice and is gauging their reaction. He knows he is skating on thin ice and if he can fly it in under the radar like the bump stock ban I suspect he will.

I think legislation at some point will becoming because Trump shills will remain silent like some battered wives and he knows it. This is nothing new, these are the same or like the same people that used to shill for whatever Bush did which allowed him and his media apparatus to destroy the country unchallenged.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-18-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Trump is probably hoping his base does not notice and is gauging their reaction. He knows he is skating on thin ice and if he can fly it in under the radar like the bump stock ban I suspect he will.
    yeah, maybe. At the same time; the draft legislation is by Manchin and Toomey, hardly heavy hitters in DC and neither are from states where passing anti-gun legislation is going to do them any favors.

Hell, Manchin even posted on twitter today calling out Beta over his desire to seize guns.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, maybe. At the same time; the draft legislation is by Manchin and Toomey, hardly heavy hitters in DC and neither are from states where passing anti-gun legislation is going to do them any favors.

Hell, Manchin even posted on twitter today calling out Beta over his desire to seize guns.
    "Nonetheless, the White House has been consistently meeting with key players in the gun debate — including pro-assault weapon ban Democrats — over the past month."

It might not be an assault weapons ban but it will certainly be red flag laws and as described in the document.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/the-wh...wmakers-report
    A source familiar with the Tuesday gun control meetings told the Daily Caller that the administration's current pitch to lawmakers is that doing nothing on the issue following recent shootings might energize the Democrats' base during the 2020 election cycle. The report also says that Barr viewed the proposal more as a tool to help law enforcement crack down on gun smugglers.
    So the thinking is the base has no where to go and we do not want to energize Democrats so we will pass gun control legislation. Although I think they are reading this wrong about the Dems and it is also only activists and the news media that wants gun control. Not passing anything will not make a difference and passing something will cause enough people to sit home or vote 3rd party to cause Trump to lose and rightfully so if he screws with 2A anymore than he has.

"Nonetheless, the White House has been consistently meeting with key players in the gun debate — including pro-assault weapon ban Democrats — over the past month."

It might not be an assault weapons ban but it will certainly be red flag laws and as described in the document.
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/the-wh...wmakers-report
    I suspect if they go that way, they will put in some poison pill that will get the democrats to vote against it; like concealed carry reciprocity or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Republicans have been pushing gun control for decades. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this kind of stuff is going on.
    And Trump won the party's nomination by promises to move the party in the direction of being more in favor of gun control.

Trump is probably hoping his base does not notice.
    The thing about Trump's base is they don't care. He can do whatever he wants, and they'll always support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    And Trump won the party's nomination by promises to move the party in the direction of being more in favor of gun control.
    I don't remember this??

The thing about Trump's base is they don't care. He can do whatever he wants, and they'll always support him.
    That is a wildly broad and blanket statement that simply isn't true, but I will admit that I have
    friends that cheered him on wildly as I did, based on policies, and now that I have lost some
    faith based on 'policies' , they literally do not want to hear it, that is some scary sht right there.......
    but I wouldn't throw that on the entire 'base' .

Like we used to see under Bush with Republicans yet there was a segment that had enough. It was one of the reasons McCain and Romney did not get elected. If Trump ran his campaign like they did he would have never been elected and he is heading down that same path.

If Trump goes further on 2A he will lose just enough of that base that he will be unable to win. The same people that sat home and voted third party in 2008 and 2012 will do the same in 2020.

If Trump ran his campaign like they did he would have never been elected and he is heading down that same path.
    Trump ran his campaign by running to the left of where McCain and Romney were. And he won doing that. He can afford to keep doing that because the Democrat is guaranteed to be even more to the left. And his base is drawn to his bombast and personality, not his policies. I don't think they ever really believed that Mexico would pay for their wall. They couldn't have, at least outside of those rapturous moments when they were yelling it and their reptilian inner brains were all that was functioning at the time. But they didn't care if it was actually true. And they still don't.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think legislation at some point will becoming because Trump shills will remain silent like some battered wives and he knows it. This is nothing knew, these are the same or like the same people that used to shill for whatever Bush did which allowed him and his media apparatus to destroy the country unchallenged.
    Trump already said background checks would not have prevented the shootings.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump ran his campaign by running to the left of where McCain and Romney were. And he won doing that. He can afford to keep doing that because the Democrat is guaranteed to be even more to the left. And his base is drawn to his bombast and personality, not his policies. I don't think they ever really believed that Mexico would pay for their wall. They couldn't have, at least outside of those rapturous moments when they were yelling it and their reptilian inner brains were all that was functioning at the time. But they didn't care if it was actually true. And they still don't.
    You are confusing comments he made back in the 80s with his campaign. In 2015-2016 he ran the most Paleo-Conservative platform ever seen as a Republican and he vocalized it at his rallies. Saying he ran to the left of McCain and Romney overall is not only revisionist it is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I don't remember this??
    That's because it isn't true.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are confusing comments he made back in the 80s with his campaign. In 2015-2016 he ran the most Paleo-Conservative platform ever seen as a Republican and he vocalized it at his rallies. Saying he ran to the left of McCain and Romney overall is not only revisionist it is silly.
    No. I'm talking about his 2016 campaign. The one where he mocked his opponents for not supporting corn subsidies and said they wanted old people to die in the streets because they didn't want to increase welfare spending as fast as he did. The one where he said that countries with single-payer healthcare had great systems. The one where he said his extreme left-wing sister would make a great Supreme Court justice. The one where he supported "no fly no buy," and a bump stock ban, and red flag laws. And tariffs.

All of those things were covered here on this website. But his supporters never cared. He had them mesmerized. And he still does. Have you seen the Trump tattoos, and the MAGA themed wedding trend? He will have these people positively supporting an expansion of background checks and railing against anyone in Congress who won't vote for the bill Trump wants.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 09-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.

That never stopped the TDS brigade before and it never will.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That is just a lie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast