Thread: Are statistics being overstated?

Are statistics being overstated?

In New York, Covid Act Now claimed nearly 5,400 New Yorkers would’ve been hospitalized by March 19. The actual number of hospitalizations is around 750. The site also claimed nearly 13,000 New York hospitalizations by March 23. The actual number was around 2,500.

Link
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some aren't being stated at all.

For instance, as of this morning the percentage of the U.S. population dead of this stuff is 0.00024%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It’s like any other thing: People are too lazy or too dumb to do the math.
    #NashvilleStrong

RPI sez.... YES

Fake corona statistics.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I wonder what the statistics are for Influenza now. With all this effort, it should have decreased this year after February.

Yes they are. This really isn't that bad.

Lies, damned lies and government statitsitcs.

The only important and easy to determine statistic is how many people are currently in ICU beds with ventilators, and how many ventilators are still available.

If we run out of ventilators, then there is a real problem. If we still have en excess of ventilators in 2 weeks, shelter in place orders should be lifted, with a very stern warning that the elderly and vulnerable should keep themselves isolated voluntarily.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-06-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    In New York, Covid Act Now claimed nearly 5,400 New Yorkers would’ve been hospitalized by March 19. The actual number of hospitalizations is around 750. The site also claimed nearly 13,000 New York hospitalizations by March 23. The actual number was around 2,500.

Link
    I made a thread in this forum about this- craziness!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ince-September
    There is no spoon.

I saw your thread. It’s important to have some perspective.
    #NashvilleStrong

The media and blue states are exaggerating the numbers to continue to create fear. Sorry I am not buying it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The media and blue states are exaggerating the numbers to continue to create fear. Sorry I am not buying it.
    I actually saw a post from a former RPFer who has seen evidence that hospitals in NY are bringing in refrigerator trucks for people who are dying. There are some really bad areas out there with this even as the entire population is not at risk, people are really dying in greater numbers.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I actually saw a post from a former RPFer who has seen evidence that hospitals in NY are bringing in refrigerator trucks for people who are dying. There are some really bad areas out there with this even as the entire population is not at risk, people are really dying in greater numbers.
    Okay I should have made it clearer; there are people out to sabotage the US by crippling our economy and putting all of us in the poor house. If that isn't clear to the average American by now, then it's because they're falling for the FEAR FICTION they are ramping up daily.

I am not saying this corona virus isn't killing people, but the flu (we were told two years ago, by the CDC) killed 80,000 and the world didn't stop. This is where common sense must be used. They are banking on that we have no memory and that the fear dished out daily will make people cower.

ETA:
    80,000 Americans Died From Flu Last Year
    https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/n...-flu-last-year
    Last edited by donnay; 03-26-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner