Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Regular Members Are Left?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    BWI - banning while intoxicated

Maybe we need a thread in the remembrance forum.

Remembrance

Honoring those we have lost.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe we need a thread in the remembrance forum.

Remembrance

Honoring those we have lost.
    Pretty $#@!ty thing to say comparing banhammer to actual liberty vounteers who died. Many of which you never knew or would understand how important their contributions. BTW, AngelATC did more for liberty than your daily dozen thread garbage posting and trolling critical Trump stances.

Hopefully you'll end up on the banhammer someday as you should have already.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Pretty $#@!ty thing to say comparing banhammer to actual liberty vounteers who died. Many of which you never knew or would understand how important their contributions. BTW, AngelATC did more for liberty than your daily dozen thread garbage posting and trolling critical Trump stances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Unfortunately its a perma ban and not a temporary one.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Seriously, how can you tell?
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    She has been removed from the Member list
    Well, she will always remain in my signature..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is it too much to ask not to break the forum rules constantly? I mean, you just broke one in your post but I think once in a while a minor slip from a longtime member is reasonable.

The problem is she lofted insults at donnay and others probably well over a thousand times or so. Every time a vaccine or health thread was created, zippy was in there posting FDA nonsense and she was throwing nasty insults when nobody had insulted her. What surprised me was how long she was allowed to keep at it, she has been doing it for 13 years. Pretty sure she got countless warnings, or at least I would hope she got quite a few warnings before the ban.

If you think she was so right about vaccines and everything, then maybe you can go to this thread I created and respond, since apparently she was never able to respond even though I called her out and she is a fairly regular listener of Scott Adams:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...va-on-Vaccines

I'm not saying I agree with the ban, but you have to be blind not to see that as far as members who throw insults, she was up at the top of the list. Insults don't bother me too much, but I can understand why the mods don't want the forum to be cluttered with them. It takes away from the discussion.

Also, while I would love nothing more than for liberty activists to be successful and to be able to elect people like Ron Paul to positions of power so that we can dismantle the bulk of the state, it wasn't working. Even with one Senator and 2 or 3 congressional reps, we were not able to do anything significant. Doubling or tripling that likely would not have had any significant effect in terms of how free of a society we have overall. That is because there is a satanic cabal who controls the media, the banks, our political process, etc. and they don't like liberty. Until they are exposed and taken out of power, it will be very difficult if not impossible to overcome all of the propaganda that people are exposed to through public schools and the media.

We were trying to chop down the tree with a butter knife when we need somebody like Trump who can pull it out by the roots.

If ss and I are right, you will thank Trump some day for helping to create a world where we can espouse liberty, elect liberty politicians and create a more free society.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-22-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You don't think Angela and Schiff deserve to be commemorated?

I don't even like her but she should be remembered, and Schiff wasn't nearly as bad as she was.

Get over your deranged hatred for me.
    I didn't equate the bans and death, I suggested a special thread to remember those unfairly banned.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-22-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 02-23-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

"This is impossible... trying to herd Libertarians is like trying to herd cats..." ~Michael Nystrom~ The Daily Paul.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 02-23-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Does that mean that all it takes is an open can of tuna fish?
    Then you get an unruly mob.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Good question. There has been a lot of purges, I'm not getting this latest thing going on.
    Neither am I

Unfortunately I have indeed seen this banning trend before. Nystrom, because of his own personal hang ups and challenges at the time, started doing this just before he decided to destroy and take the DP down with him rather than hand it off and let it continue. There is even more to be concerned about here than just the recent members banned. He let his personal pet issues override his own logic at the detriment of the site in whole.

This alone put a huge huge dent in the Libertarian movement and disgusted a whole lot of folks who were standing strong together and making a real difference. The movement has not been the same since and it cannot afford to lose not even one who would support it. There is not one member here who has not broke the rules many many times. It is a bad time to start becoming sensitive and picky about small things or everyone is going to lose it.

This truly is something worth pondering... I see the same signs here.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Does that mean that all it takes is an open can of tuna fish?
    If it is, you can get tuna cheap at Costco and Smart & Final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

So Josh went crazy like the daily paul guy ?
    Do something Danke

So Josh went crazy like the daily paul guy ?
    Naw. The DP guy went crazy. Our guy just went on a weekend bender. He's better now. I sent some flowers and a get well card.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Naw. The DP guy went crazy. Our guy just went on a weekend bender. He's better now. I sent some flowers and a get well card.
    Only reason I asked was because I was not going to accept that as an excuse not to pick up my tab .
    Do something Danke

Reading stuff on the daily paul reminded me of the religion forum here when there was a lot of participation . All kind of crazies .
    Do something Danke

There is a fine line in logic between what is emotional and what is truly justifiable. Michael went personally emotional and killed the site with it. If you want to keep it, this is a bad road to start to head down. At some point there needs to be an adult in the room to prevent this. The signs worry me because I like to come and read and would hate to lose it over trivial minor emotional tendencies. Better judgement needs to prevail, especially if it pertains to users who have supported your site for years and years. Plain and simple, it is just a mistake.

He didn't go crazy, (well, depending on who you ask) But his personal situation with marriage and personal home life was taxing him very very hard. He let this carry over to to the site, and it eventually caused him to destroy it rather than let it continue. He had many ,any offers to buy it but just refused period. He had decided to kill it.

It takes more intestinal fortitude and integrity to admit a mistake and correct it, than to let a wrong stand at the cost of others and the forum as a whole. Not even a need to admit, just correct and let it go from there.

Reading stuff on the daily paul reminded me of the religion forum here when there was a lot of participation . All kind of crazies .
    Yes it was, true free speech was very important there. And even when this forum was at it's best the DP had at least twice the members. While this site would like to take credit for almost getting Ron Paul elected it was not, It was the Daily Paul that got it done. That was where the true effective Liberty movement was at... It was the absolute base for the Libertarian movement.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm here- been here since I was a kid.

AND it would be nice for members to return to real Liberty instead of the continual kissing of the Ring of Power.
    There is no spoon.

I was joking around and talking trash. I really have no idea of what was going on in the personal lives of anyone involved. Maybe, I wasn't as nice as I should be, but I do get annoyed with all the fricking drama, but that's the human condition since the dawn of man.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    He didn't go crazy, (well, depending on who you ask) But his personal situation with marriage and personal home life was taxing him very very hard. He let this carry over to to the site, and it eventually caused him to destroy it rather than let it continue. He had many ,any offers to buy it but just refused period. He had decided to kill it.

It takes more intestinal fortitude and integrity to admit a mistake and correct it, than to let a wrong stand at the cost of others and the forum as a whole. Not even a need to admit, just correct and let it go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'm here- been here since I was a kid.

AND it would be nice for members to return to real Liberty instead of the continual kissing of the Ring of Power.
    Thank you for this Ender. Despite our own past debates and discrepancies, what you say is very important.

It is everything we oppose. It is rule by fear and threat. It is a poor example if one wants to further this movement.

I was joking around and talking trash. I really have no idea of what was going on in the personal lives of anyone involved. Maybe, I wasn't as nice as I should be, but I do get annoyed with all the fricking drama, but that's the human condition since the dawn of man.
    If you ask his main right hand number one mod, he went crazy...

What he did not know was that I had inside info from Mike himself about his home life situation. And he had some serious problems for sure, and probably could have benefited from a long vacation from it. But it did not justify completely destroying the site and half the Libertarian movement.

RPF still stands. I will post here for as long as im allowed. Bryan saved the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    RPF still stands. I will post here for as long as im allowed. Bryan saved the day.
    Yes it does... And it is the last hold out and needs to remain. Practical Logic needs to prevail here or it will not.

Yes it does... And it is the last hold out and needs to remain. Practical Logic needs to prevail here or it will not.
    If it closes I will just spread liberty more on twitter. there's a huge audience there. I do my bit.

If it closes I will just spread liberty more on twitter. there's a huge audience there. I do my bit.
    Until they censor even that...

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Until they censor even that...
    I have multiple accounts and vpn's to spread liberty. They will never stop me. I'm amazed at how many people read the comments and get involved. It's kinda fun.

What about @angelatc and @Schifference?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast