Thread: New Bill makes it a FELONY to protest on federal grounds, function, or near an offciall

New Bill makes it a FELONY to protest on federal grounds, function, or near an offciall

HR 347

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c1127kYaZT::

H.R.347 -- Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 (Engrossed Amendment Senate - EAS)

HR 347 EAS

In the Senate of the United States,

February 6, 2012.
    Resolved, That the bill from the House of Representatives (H.R. 347) entitled `An Act to correct and simplify the drafting of section 1752 (relating to restricted buildings or grounds) of title 18, United States Code.', do pass with the following

AMENDMENT:

Strike out all after the enacting clause and insert:

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011'.

SEC. 2. RESTRICTED BUILDING OR GROUNDS.

Section 1752 of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`Sec. 1752. Restricted building or grounds

`(a) Whoever--

`(1) knowingly enters or remains in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do so;

`(2) knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, engages in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions;

`(3) knowingly, and with the intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, obstructs or impedes ingress or egress to or from any restricted building or grounds; or

`(4) knowingly engages in any act of physical violence against any person or property in any restricted building or grounds;

or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

`(b) The punishment for a violation of subsection (a) is--

`(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, if--

`(A) the person, during and in relation to the offense, uses or carries a deadly or dangerous weapon or firearm; or

`(B) the offense results in significant bodily injury as defined by section 2118(e)(3); and

`(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, in any other case.

`(c) In this section--

`(1) the term `restricted buildings or grounds' means any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area--

`(A) of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President's official residence or its grounds;

`(B) of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or

`(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and

`(2) the term `other person protected by the Secret Service' means any person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined such protection.'.
    Attest:

Secretary.

112th CONGRESS

2d Session

H.R. 347

AMENDMENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Edit*

Of COURSE I can't edit the title.....sigh......
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess it's no longer the property of "The People"....
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

all felonies block candidates from running for office. a hefty fine does more to discourage people.
    this bill is a further restriction of freedom of speech worse than dr. woodrow wilson's palmer raids.
    this is a solidification of state power inside a fascist superstructure. this is too slippery~slide bad.

They want to take away the God given Constitutional right of the citizens to protest alltogether, not to mention all the other Constitutional rights.

They believe that "they" are the keepers of our rights. When they are inherent, just by the fact of being human. F-them. this land is our land and we will damn well exercise our rights. I am sick of the complacency and ignorance. This eternal vigilance does not exist anymore. We talk the talk but, only a handful will stand up. Most of you mundanes will walk through the scanners and at most, give the TSA a dirty look. I am not saying march on Washington, I am saying, stand up in a calm reasoned fashion, ANYTIME a government op gets in your face and you know them to be wrong based on the constitution.. Day to day, in and out, you HAVE to stand up. We all want RP as president but, what happens if he is not? Gonna hide until '16? That is is what half of the people here did after the '08 loss.

I guarantee that, most of these people we quote from will not make a stand.
    Last edited by SL89; 03-04-2012 at 03:45 AM.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatious Donnely View Post
    They want to take away the God given Constitutional right of the citizens to protest alltogether, not to mention all the other Constitutional rights.
    yup...this isn't just gov't bldgs...its anywhere...

B) of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting;
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

It's not protesting, but entering closed or restricted areas, i.e. idiots who jump fences they shouldn't jump, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    It's not protesting, but entering closed or restricted areas, i.e. idiots who jump fences they shouldn't jump, etc.
    `(2) knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, engages in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions;

disruption could be protesting, yelling out loud, many things....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    You can't really be that naive and/or bad with reading comprehension, can you? Obviously this was some sarcasm that I missed the tip-off, as you couldn't possibly believe something so absurd.

This goes right along with the speech jamming gun that has recently been announced.

Does anyone else connect dots?
    Free speech is targeted.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

What's this I hear about Rand voting for it?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    This goes right along with the speech jamming gun that has recently been announced.

Does anyone else connect dots?
    Free speech is targeted.
    these incremental changes just keep adding up.... not sure when that 30,000 drone bill is supposed to be signed by obama...but if it does, and no one flinches, its over... if you can, go to whitehouse.gov and sign petitions to speak out against these bills..hopefully we can stop it like SOPA was stopped... this $#@! is getting way out of hand..

Quote Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
    these incremental changes just keep adding up.... not sure when that 30,000 drone bill is supposed to be signed by obama...but if it does, and no one flinches, its over... if you can, go to whitehouse.gov and sign petitions to speak out against these bills..hopefully we can stop it like SOPA was stopped... this $#@! is getting way out of hand..
    You think SOPA was stopped?
    I think it was delayed a bit,, only to resurface under another name,, or be written into another bill when no one is looking.

And though I am thankful for delay,,I expect the Agenda to continue.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It's slipping between their fingers so their natural response is to squeeze tighter

nm I read it closer.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 03-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stormtrooper: "You must confine your free speech to your free speech zone!"
    [size of the head of a pin, with the properties of a black hole]

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I think it was delayed a bit,, only to resurface under another name,, or be written into another bill when no one is looking..
    true...