Thread: Kentucky ALERT: County Conventions are tomorrow Saturday the 17th!

Kentucky ALERT: County Conventions are tomorrow Saturday the 17th!

Kentucky Republicans, our county conventions are tomorrow, Saturday the 17th. This usually takes place at your courthouse at 9am. Call your county chairman or the state GOP to find out. I know that all but 3 of Ky's delegates are bound but we need those three. This is also the way to stick your foot in the door for future elections. Below are contact pages for your chair persons. Now go and become a delegate.

County by county contacts:
    http://www.1stdistrictgop.org/contact-countychair.html

KY GOP phone: 502-875-5130

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hardin County's Precinct Elections for Precinct Captain, Co-Captain, and Youth Chair is March 17th but as I understand it it's separate from the delegate process.

Hardin County Mass Convention is March 24th at Old Courthouse in the square in downtown Elizabethtown. Registration at 8:30 am, Convention begins at 10 am.

(but this should be in the Kentucky section?)

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/con...nty-convention
    Last edited by amberjack; 03-16-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: included newspaper link ^_~

bump
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Is this for real?

Why didn't we have this on our radar, I am wondering?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Is this for real?

Why didn't we have this on our radar, I am wondering?
    People still don't understand the processes and they buy into what the media tells them about how the nominee is chosen.

Anyone in Kentucky should go to their local County GOP and local GOP District websites, and look up the rules for their conventions. The date mentioned above is most likely for just one county.

The State Party Plan is found here: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/KY-R
    Last edited by gerryb; 03-16-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kentukblue View Post
    County by county contacts:
    http://www.1stdistrictgop.org/contact-countychair.html

KY GOP phone: 502-875-5130
    You guys should find out why there are two counties in the 1st District without Chairmen...

Union County Chairman Union County Vice Chairman
    Vacant Vacant
    Webster County Chairman Webster County Vice Chairman
    Vacant Vacant

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    You guys should find out why there are two counties in the 1st District without Chairmen...
    and if we can become one?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I put it on the front page and I am going to tweet this thread to some people with a couple thousand twitter followers of the Ron Paul sort, to get this going

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    See section 6.01 in the Party Plan governing County Conventions -- they must be held between March 1 and April 15

And this is the most important part as far as scheduling goes -- Each county either had its date published in January -- or it wasn't published and it will be tomorrow at 11am.....

Each County shall provide written notice of the date, time and location of said mass convention to State Republican Headquarters not later than the second Friday in January of the same year. Any County who does not provide said written notice shall hold its County Mass Convention on the third Saturday of March at 11:00 A.M. local time and shall provide written notice of the location to State Republican Headquarters not later than March 1 of the same year.
    http://rpk.org/rpk-rules/
    Last edited by gerryb; 03-16-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    See section 6.01 in the Party Plan governing County Conventions -- they must be held between March 1 and April 15

And this is the most important part as far as scheduling goes -- Each county either had its date published in January -- or it wasn't published and it will be tomorrow at 11am.....

http://rpk.org/rpk-rules/
    OK. well I tweeted this thread, so whomever gets it will get this information

Rand Paul sent out a handy convention locator here: http://www.randpaul2010.com/rpk

The OP is right, many of them will be held tomorrow (and some have been held already.) If you become a delegate from your county, you get to attend both District & State conventions. Each county also elects 1 member to each of the District Committees - nominating, rules, credentials - which are more important than just being a delegate. In 2008, 55 out of 120 counties didn't send anyone... so in some places winning should be as easy as showing up.

Beyond aiding us in a brokered convention scenario, it's also important because this process decides who our new officers will be, whether they'll be supportive of Rand and constitutional candidates etc.

I don't know why the campaign ignored it. We tried to contact them. But Rand sent out that info at least, and a lot of good can be done if we show up.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Henry county Kentucky don't seem to be appearing on the lists at all. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
    Henry county Kentucky don't seem to be appearing on the lists at all. (?)
    According to Rand's locator it was March 13th...
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    According to Rand's locator it was March 13th...
    Thanks! aside from me being negligent and not keeping up with this.. I wasn't available anyway.

So I have no idea how this process works. I live in Nicholasville, Jessamine County, KY, and I am a registered Republican. This link

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=e59bab7191

says that they are holding ' County Mass Convention & Party Reorganization Set ' this morning just a few miles from my house.

Any advice on if there is anything I can do at this meeting to support our cause would be appreciated.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevini200 View Post
    So I have no idea how this process works. I live in Nicholasville, Jessamine County, KY, and I am a registered Republican. This link

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=e59bab7191

says that they are holding ' County Mass Convention & Party Reorganization Set ' this morning just a few miles from my house.

Any advice on if there is anything I can do at this meeting to support our cause would be appreciated.
    Sent you a PM.
    Last edited by TheTyke; 03-17-2012 at 05:18 AM.

bump

Oldham County GOP reorganization meeting is going on right now. I'm not able to make it, but a Thomas Massie supporter from the Tea Party is running for Chairwoman. Hope she can pull it off!

Sorry i haven't replied back until now, but I compiled some of this info from the green papers site and others. The dates were changed this year and according to an official i spoke to wed at the RPK headquarters, most of the county conventions would be held today. My county, to my shame, did not send in the papers by the march 1st deadline to organize. I will be having words with my county chairman about that. I called the RPK and am trying to get myself and people I know written in as representatives from our county and they seemed fairly open to it. Otherwise if your county is not organized the state Republican party and it chairman will choose representatives for your county. If you live in a rural, sparsely populated county like I do, you should inquire about the same. Good luck.