Thread: Yoshihiro Takayama paralyzed from wrestling accident

Yoshihiro Takayama paralyzed from wrestling accident

Kurwa! @Kotin
    http://middleeasy.com/mma-news/mma-p...ling-accident/

It’s with a heavy heart that Middle Easy reports Pride Legend and Pro Wrestling Noah Champion Yoshihiro Takayama is paralyzed.
    View image on Twitter

Follow

プロレス/格闘技カクトウログ @kakutolog

ブログ更新:「プロレス界の帝王」高山善廣にファンの祈りを! 欠場から3か月、頸髄損傷で「首から下が動かない」と週刊文春が報じる http://kakutolog.cocolog-nifty.com/kakuto/2017/08/post-4911.html …
    7:39 AM - Aug 6, 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

It seems that back on May 6th of this year, Yoshihiro Takayama was injured in a failed spot during a wrestling match. While wrestling for DDT promotion, Takayama’s Sunset Flip went wrong, sending him to the hospital where he ended up undergoing some type of spinal surgery two days later.
    Now, Yoshihiro Takayama has representatives coming forward reporting that his injures are quite severe. The article implies that Takayama is completely paralyzed from the neck down. It also implies that the financial burden of his treatment is becoming a concern for his family. Information is sparse, but Middle Easy will update this article and our social media feeds with any updates on where to send donations and support toward his ongoing care.
    Yoshihiro Takayama became a part of Mixed Martial Arts history with his war against Don Frye at Pride 21 back in 2001. A subsequent Pride appearance against Bob Sapp and an earlier fight against Semmy Schilt cemented Takayama as the most courageous big man in all of Japan.
    Our thoughts and best wishes go out to Yoshihiro Takayama and his family during this trying period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn, that sucks! Enjoyed watching him fight back in Pride.

Terrible news. From what I've heard, the sunset flip spot wasn't that bad, it's just that Takayama's neck was so bad from the wear and tear of his long career in pro wrestling and MMA that he ended up paralyzed after the match. His case is similar to Misawa who died in the ring after what looked like a routine belly to back suplex spot. Doctor's determined his neck was so weak from all of the wear and tear of wrestling a very hard style and literally being dropped on his head many times, that all it took was one bad bump to kill him.

Steve Austin retired after doctors told him he was one bad bump away from being paralyzed or killed. He has never returned to the ring.

The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear