Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman gets lambasted online for letting her 4 y/o eat a PB&J sandwich in shopping cart

Exclamation Woman gets lambasted online for letting her 4 y/o eat a PB&J sandwich in shopping cart

These are the people we're supposed to "educate" about freedom.

This is truly a special kind of stupid.

How much longer before peanut bans?

Mom who let 4-year-old eat a PB&J in a shopping cart branded a monster by parenting forum

https://www.sfgate.com/living/articl...d-12826097.php

By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 3:37 pm, Wednesday, April 11, 2018

This stock image girl wisely eats her peanut butter and jelly sandwich at home instead of in a shopping cart at Target.

Here's one for all the parents out there: Is it OK to let your child eat peanut butter at Target?

A mother on a New York parenting blog wrote Monday that while shopping at the store, she gave her four-year-old daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and "a woman stopped me to lecture me about peanut allergies."

The child's mother then asked other moms on UrbanBaby if it was now unacceptable to eat peanut butter in public.

If your reaction is of course not, it's a free country, you are definitely siding with the minority.

The anti-peanut butter backlash was swift and brutal. Most responses attacked the mother for potentially endangering children with peanut allergies. Some criticized her for feeding her daughter in a shopping cart, which they considered disgusting.

"That's really inconsiderate," one person wrote. "So many kids have life threatening allergies to peanut butter. Eating it in a shopping cart GUARANTEES it will be smeared on the handle, etc. It's really awful you would do this. Sorry, but imagine if it were your child with the allergy."

Another chimed in:

"That's actually kind of lousy of you. you are aware that kids with peanut allergies exist in the world, so it's kind of a D move to let your kid smear peanut butter all over the child seat of a public cart."

The original poster (OP) explained, multiple times, that her daughter ate the sandwich neatly and didn't smear any peanut butter and her hands were wiped afterwards, but it didn't make any difference.

It only got worse. Here is a sample of the responses:

—"Your total disdain for the safety of other kids is awful. Feeding your kid a PB&J in a Target shopping cart is the epitome of low brow. For the love of God at least feed her in the car if you absolutely can't feed her at home! Everything about your post is vile."

—"You're the worst kind of person. Just understand that raising a child with an I don't care about others attitude means they will be obnoxious insufferable kids just like their mom. A grown up would tell their kids we can't eat that right now because it may cause another child to get sick. Period. Why do we need to explain this to you?"

—"It's not impossible to feed your child BEFORE or AFTER putting them in a shopping cart, especially peanut butter. You are awful."

—"So gross - you packed a pb&j for your kid to eat at Target? There's so much wrong with this it needs to be fake."

One person suggested that shopping cart snack could have lethal consequences:

"I hope no child dies because of any residual peanuts on the cart."

According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease about one in 90 people, or 1.1 percent, in the United States has a tree nut or peanut allergy. The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network estimates the total at 0.6 percent.

Four times as many people are allergic to seafood as are allergic to peanuts, according to the Peanut Institute.

In a 2003 study published in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 30 children with significant peanut allergy were exposed to peanut butter, which was either pressed on the skin for one minute, or the aroma was inhaled. None of the children suffered a severe reaction, although about a third experienced a reddening or flaring of the skin.

A 2015 Kings College, London, study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that eating peanuts in infancy prevents subsequent development of the allergy.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! those people!

If your kid has allergies then keep them away from the public until you can teach them how to cope.

That's really sad.. I was diagnosed with a peanut allergy at age 4, I stopped eating peanut butter for about 6 months before my mom and I realized I didn't really have a peanut allergy so I stopped avoiding it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The child's mother then asked other moms on UrbanBaby

Why don't RPFs make the news?

We lambaste all kinds of people here daily.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's really sad.. I was diagnosed with a peanut allergy at age 4, I stopped eating peanut butter for about 6 months before my mom and I realized I didn't really have a peanut allergy so I stopped avoiding it.
    Exposure to peanuts (or anything else for that matter) at a young age can significantly reduce your risk of being allergic to them. It is also true that some people think they are allergic to things when they really aren't. Kids can outgrow them as well.

Not enough people have the balls to simply say "$#@! you, life is short and your $#@!ing child, with the inability to cope, should have died long ago for the betterment of the species."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    These are the people we're supposed to "educate" about freedom.

This is truly a special kind of stupid.

How much longer before peanut bans?

Mom who let 4-year-old eat a PB&J in a shopping cart branded a monster by parenting forum

https://www.sfgate.com/living/articl...d-12826097.php

By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 3:37 pm, Wednesday, April 11, 2018

This stock image girl wisely eats her peanut butter and jelly sandwich at home instead of in a shopping cart at Target.

Here's one for all the parents out there: Is it OK to let your child eat peanut butter at Target?

A mother on a New York parenting blog wrote Monday that while shopping at the store, she gave her four-year-old daughter a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and "a woman stopped me to lecture me about peanut allergies."

The child's mother then asked other moms on UrbanBaby if it was now unacceptable to eat peanut butter in public.

If your reaction is of course not, it's a free country, you are definitely siding with the minority.

The anti-peanut butter backlash was swift and brutal. Most responses attacked the mother for potentially endangering children with peanut allergies. Some criticized her for feeding her daughter in a shopping cart, which they considered disgusting.

"That's really inconsiderate," one person wrote. "So many kids have life threatening allergies to peanut butter. Eating it in a shopping cart GUARANTEES it will be smeared on the handle, etc. It's really awful you would do this. Sorry, but imagine if it were your child with the allergy."

Another chimed in:

"That's actually kind of lousy of you. you are aware that kids with peanut allergies exist in the world, so it's kind of a D move to let your kid smear peanut butter all over the child seat of a public cart."

The original poster (OP) explained, multiple times, that her daughter ate the sandwich neatly and didn't smear any peanut butter and her hands were wiped afterwards, but it didn't make any difference.

It only got worse. Here is a sample of the responses:

—"Your total disdain for the safety of other kids is awful. Feeding your kid a PB&J in a Target shopping cart is the epitome of low brow. For the love of God at least feed her in the car if you absolutely can't feed her at home! Everything about your post is vile."

—"You're the worst kind of person. Just understand that raising a child with an I don't care about others attitude means they will be obnoxious insufferable kids just like their mom. A grown up would tell their kids we can't eat that right now because it may cause another child to get sick. Period. Why do we need to explain this to you?"

—"It's not impossible to feed your child BEFORE or AFTER putting them in a shopping cart, especially peanut butter. You are awful."

—"So gross - you packed a pb&j for your kid to eat at Target? There's so much wrong with this it needs to be fake."

One person suggested that shopping cart snack could have lethal consequences:

"I hope no child dies because of any residual peanuts on the cart."

According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease about one in 90 people, or 1.1 percent, in the United States has a tree nut or peanut allergy. The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network estimates the total at 0.6 percent.

Four times as many people are allergic to seafood as are allergic to peanuts, according to the Peanut Institute.

In a 2003 study published in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 30 children with significant peanut allergy were exposed to peanut butter, which was either pressed on the skin for one minute, or the aroma was inhaled. None of the children suffered a severe reaction, although about a third experienced a reddening or flaring of the skin.

A 2015 Kings College, London, study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that eating peanuts in infancy prevents subsequent development of the allergy.

They should have followed your advice. Don't shop at Target, shop at Walmart.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think many stores now provide wet wipes which might help.

Otherwise, its kind of not cool to have a kid likely dropping jelly on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They should have followed your advice. Don't shop at Target, shop at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I think many stores now provide wet wipes which might help.

Otherwise, its kind of not cool to have a kid likely dropping jelly on the floor.
    Kids are supposed to eat dirt, kiss the dog and jump in mud puddles.....

Peanuts ain't $#@!.

Geez, my kid never complained about doing the weekly grocery shopping with me, cuz we'd hit the hot bar and he'd have a whole meal in the cart while I shopped. $#@! these psychos.

God forbid you lecture anyone about the vaccinations we have good reason to believe are behind the allergies.

It's a good thing I mostly shop at places where white people don't. If the other patrons even speak English our conversations tend to start with "Excuse me, miss, I have no idea what to do with a malanga root. Do you?"
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Target sells peanuts. And peanut butter. Reese's pieces, Reese's cups, Milky Way, Snickers, Pay Day....and so forth.

She doesn't mention the people who go into stores drenched in patchouli oil--a guaranteed asthma attack for me.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Geez, my kid never complained about doing the weekly grocery shopping with me, cuz we'd hit the hot bar and he'd have a whole meal in the cart while I shopped. $#@! these psychos.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-buggy-buggy/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was the only thing she did wrong. This is the Age of Outrage. Insufferably self-righteous virtue signalling is de rigueur.

Seeking validation from (or the approval of) others - especially online - is the modern equivalent of inviting rock-chuckers to your own stoning.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

1. I always wipe down the cart, really thoroughly. Our stores offer the sanitize wipes.

2. It ain't like my kid is eating off the $#@!ing cart, he has hands and the food comes in a box.

Screw a bunch of PB & J . Give me some fried chicken .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    She doesn't mention the people who go into stores drenched in patchouli oil--a guaranteed asthma attack for me.
    Oh god that stuff is awful...salad dressing for lesbians.

Smells like moldy dirt to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Exposure to peanuts (or anything else for that matter) at a young age can significantly reduce your risk of being allergic to them. It is also true that some people think they are allergic to things when they really aren't. Kids can outgrow them as well.
    Agreed.

My g-g-g-eneration did not eat in the grocery store/mart aisles.

Respect for the owners, of a place of business that isn't a restaurant. Problem solved/averted.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 04-13-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: *of*
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

Respect for the owners, of a place a business that isn't a restaurant. Problem solved/averted.
    This.

I used to work in Retail and sympathize with the workers who have enough crap to deal with as it is without kids dribbling food in the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    This.

I used to work in Retail and sympathize with the workers who have enough crap to deal with as it is without kids dribbling food in the aisle.
    If you owned a retail store, wanted customers in your store and had a family you would probably sympathize more with the parents and simply ask your staff to clean up after them.

I see kids eating in stores all the time, and while I'm sure it happens I've never seen food smeared on the carts or dropped in the aisles.

Some toddlers are finicky eaters and parents do everything they can to get them to eat as much as possible. If they want to eat in the store, you give them some goldfish crackers or something.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Respect for the owners, of a place of business that isn't a restaurant. Problem solved/averted.
    They serve food at target/are a restaurant. Where do you think the bags of popcorn, hotdogs, pizza, etc they sell at the entrance of the store are going to get eaten?

eg:

They serve food at target. Where do you think the bags of popcorn, hotdogs, etc they sell at the entrance of the store are going to get eaten?

At the tables they provide? Or at home?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

No it’s not a restaurant. It’s a shopping retail center for the public to shop for necessities. Nobody is serving cooked to order meals to people sitting around tables. Parents are simply trying to occupy their kids, provide a snack (very healthy) in a otherwise busy day, and get their chores done.

IMO people need to mind their own damn business and if you are working in a store and your job description is to clean the floors, clean the damn floors. What difference does it make if a kid drops a crumb or if a worker tracks his mud in, or a customer drops a jar of spaghetti sauce? Just do your job.

It’s better the kid is strapped in eating a snack than running around like a loose nut, or worse- screaming bloody murder because they are hungry and aren’t mature enough yet to chill out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    At the tables they provide? Or at home?
    I doubt that, since I've seen them handing out free bags of popcorn to kids in carts at target.

They serve food at target. Where do you think the bags of popcorn, hotdogs, etc they sell at the entrance of the store are going to get eaten?

eg:
    Is it the entrance or the exit?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If you owned a retail store, wanted customers in your store and had a family you would probably sympathize more with the parents and simply ask your staff to clean up after them.

I see kids eating in stores all the time, and while I'm sure it happens I've never seen food smeared on the carts or dropped in the aisles.

Some toddlers are finicky eaters and parents do everything they can to get them to eat as much as possible. If they want to eat in the store, you give them some goldfish crackers or something.
    One of the stores where I live has tables and chairs next to the Salad Bar and Deli. I think that is a good compromise and if I owned a store that is what I would do providing a designated area to sit down and eat.

As a former retail and deli worker myself, I've seen the food wrappers, crumbs, or other ridiculous nonsense like opened food packages from people sampling. I've seen left over empty containers on the shelf from the deli from people getting food, eating in the store, and not paying for it. To be a little fair, this was Walmart and I think it's understood they often get a unique brand of $#@! customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast