Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the "Operation Warp Speed" for monoclonal antibodies?

Here, I'll make CRYSTAL clear, @jmdrake , @Anti Federalist , etc. From an Agorist/FreeMarket/LibertyAdvocate point of view:

End the Fed! [federal reserve]

End the Fed! [federal government]

There. I hope I made myself CRYSTAL clear.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Look, I know and understand exactly what the Fed [Federal Reserve] [central bankers] is.

This Federal Government has grown beyond recognition. Now, people are cheering and pleading for free money! free medicine! [on the tax payer dime]. It has NO business in healthcare period, whether ObamneyCare, TrumpCare or whatever care!

Private practices, local churches, communities, donations, should be handling local matters. I should not have to explain this to you @jmdrake, but it seems that you have lost your senses.

People cheering DeSantis on, because he takes/took federal dollars to buy medicine, building state government clinics around the state, and because "other party" rationed him and his state, he decides to buy directly from the manufacturer - using TAX DOLLARS. Unbelievable!
    I have not at all "lost my senses." So...when the real feds come to take your guns and the local sheriff opposes them using one of the MRAPS the feds gave him years ago, are you going to be all "muh principles?" And again, this has nothing to do with "end the fed". You're misusing the term. Sorry, you just are.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Here, I'll make CRYSTAL clear, @jmdrake , @Anti Federalist , etc. From an Agorist/FreeMarket/LibertyAdvocate point of view:

End the Fed! [federal reserve]

End the Fed! [federal government]

There. I hope I made myself CRYSTAL clear.
    Yeah. That's nice. That's not what I mean by end the fed. And even if it was, Desantis isn't a fed. Somebody should be doing something to circumvent Biden's boycott. You worried about federal money being used? Then start a moneybomb. I'll be happy to donate.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I have not at all "lost my senses." So...when the real feds come to take your guns and the local sheriff opposes them using one of the MRAPS the feds gave him years ago, are you going to be all "muh principles?" And again, this has nothing to do with "end the fed". You're misusing the term. Sorry, you just are.
    Whoa! You sound just like @Swordsmyth !!!

Accounts hi-jacked, re-used, etc., I can't prove any of that - other than what you say and try to push.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And?

I'm not some sheep looking nervously to see if the New GOP Presumptive Nominee is Alpha enough to ensure the Red Flock gets their share. I'm much more concerned with trying to find a way to get my free market back--and all our other God-given freedoms.

I guess it's just a matter of priorities.

All in the world we need to do to get our free market back is pull our head out of their crotches and grow a pair of our very own.
    The priorities put in the declaration of independence are LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They are put in that order for a reason. Biden's actions are a direct assault on the LIFE priority. I don't give a crap if Desantis becomes the GOP nominee or not. In fact I would much rather that be Rand Paul. If it is Desantis I may not even vote. But I support moves made to give people more options to save their LIFE.

And?

I'm not some sheep looking nervously to see if the New GOP Presumptive Nominee is Alpha enough to ensure the Red Flock gets their share. I'm much more concerned with trying to find a way to get my free market back--and all our other God-given freedoms.

I guess it's just a matter of priorities.

All in the world we need to do to get our free market back is pull our head out of their crotches and grow a pair of our very own.
    When have you ever had a free-market?

Whoa! You sound just like @Swordsmyth !!!

Accounts hi-jacked, re-used, etc., I can't prove any of that - other than what you say and try to push.
    Not at all. @Swordsmyth supports Trump. I don't support Desantis. I simply support the power of the states to check the power of the feds. It's called federalism.

Not at all. @Swordsmyth supports Trump. I don't support Desantis. I simply support the power of the states to check the power of the feds. It's called federalism.
    Best of luck there, JMDrake

Actually, it's called states' rights. It's anti-federalist.

And DeSantis is trying to give his tribe more options, at everyone else's expense. If I was genetically disposed to approve of that sort of thing, I wouldn't be descended from abolitionists.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    When have you ever had a free-market?
    I'm older than Medicare. But even if I wasn't, I'd be more concerned with getting a free market than with hoarding for my tribe more supplies than my tribe even needs.

I guess that's the difference between conservatives and Team Red.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-17-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Best of luck there, JMDrake

Still waiting for your solution.

Actually, it's called states' rights. It's anti-federalist.

And DeSantis is trying to give his tribe more options, at everyone else's expense. If I was genetically disposed to approve of that sort of thing, I wouldn't be descended from abolitionists.
    You're sounding a bit collectivist here. Desantis can't help his own state because it might hurt other states? Emphasis on might. What's more likely is that other states will follow Desantis example and make the own direct deals circumventing the feds.

And as actual descendant of slaves I fail to see the equivalence between states having the right to let people own other people and states having the right to look after the interests of their own people.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 09-17-2021 at 04:00 PM.

You're sounding a bit collectivist here. Desantis can't help his own state because it might hurt other states. Emphasis on might. What's more likely is that other states will follow Desantis example and make the own direct deals circumventing the feds.

And as actual descendant of slaves I fail to see the equivalence between states having the right to let people own other people and states having the right to look after the interests of their own people.
    Yes you do. You're just smart enough to see the simile is imperfect.

Yes, it's a humanitarian thing to do to help those who are suffering treat the symptoms. It's a more humanitarian thing to do to cut out the cancer. One provides temporary comfort. The other restores hope.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-17-2021 at 04:00 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes you do. You're just smart enough to see the simile is imperfect.

Yes, it's a humanitarian thing to do to help those who are suffering treat the symptoms. It's a more humanitarian thing to do to cut out the cancer. One provides temporary comfort. The other restores hope.
    It's worse than just "imperfect." It's absurd. There was nothing at all humanitarian about maintaining slavery. And I have yet to see you or anyone else in this thread say anything that moves us an closer to "cutting out the cancer."

It's worse than just "imperfect." It's absurd. There was nothing at all humanitarian about maintaining slavery. And I have yet to see you or anyone else in this thread say anything that moves us an closer to "cutting out the cancer."
    Slavers defending slavery were trying to give their tribe more options. And demanding that "the conservative party" offer up conservatives will at least help us find the cancer. If the GOP cannot or will not do so, it is the cancer.

Slavers defending slavery were trying to give their tribe more options. And demanding that "the conservative party" offer up conservatives will at least help us find the cancer. If the GOP cannot or will not do so, it is the cancer.
    I'm having trouble following your logic. What I think your concern is that not that what Desantis is doing is actually wrong, but that you're concerned he'll get too much credit for it? This is about 2024 for you? I do not care! What is your proposal to getting monoclonal antibodies to the patients in states where Biden is throttling that? If you don't have an answer for that, then you don't really have a valid argument. Slavery itself is a crime against humanity. Getting treatment for the people in your state is not a crime against humanity. And you have not even given a rational explanation as to how Desantis move "hurts" other states. Quite the contrary. The "free market" of supply and demand dictates that manufacturing increases based on increased demand. If Desantis gamble pays off, and early results shows that it is paying off, then other states are likely to go directly to the manufacture. Guess what the manufacturer will do at that point? Increase the supply! Really, this isn't that complicated.

This is about 2024 for you?
    Trust me, this is all about 2024 to the OP, yes. No, I don't really have an argument against states pushing back against .fedgov, especially considering the way I talked about Montana and their ban on employer mandates.

No, I have no objection to temporary relief at all. I'm just not any more interested in which Red Flock Shepherd is more Alpha than you are.

Am I concerned DeSantis will get too much credit for this? Not really. I'm more concerned that people seem to be confusing this with conservatism. I'm concerned that no matter how dire the situation becomes, Team Red will never be able to pull their heads out and realize that only their principles will save us. Their New Alpha Shepherd won't even try, any more than Reagan or Trump did.

I learned from history, and I'm $#@!ing sick of repeating it. That, too, isn't complicated.

People just insist that the same stupidity that got us into this mess will get us out. What was that definition of insanity, again?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-17-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Still waiting for your solution.
    Solution? I have explained it in many a thread, but it falls on deaf ears.

@acptulsa referred to the definition of insanity. He's right.

Oh, and for sh|ts and grins:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thank Christ a voice of reason.

+rep

All I see happening here is the fedgoov exercising illegitimate authority to ration and ban lifesaving treatments that will end up killing people, based on politics.

There is another word for that: genocide.

Thank Christ those treatments were not withheld from me over the last week or I would probably be dead now.
    Get well soon!

May GOD bless and keep you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Solution? I have explained it in many a thread, but it falls on deaf ears.

@acptulsa referred to the definition of insanity. He's right.

Oh, and for sh|ts and grins:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record
    Yes. You are clearly insane. I get it. But I was asking for a solution to saving lives. Your thread on "Ron DeSantis On The Record" has nothing in it about saving lives. Question. Are you a nihilist? Do you just want people to die? It seems like it. Same for @acptulsa.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The man responsible for vaccines uber alles.

Trust me, this is all about 2024 to the OP, yes. No, I don't really have an argument against states pushing back against .fedgov, especially considering the way I talked about Montana and their ban on employer mandates.
    People who are dead before 2024 can't vote in 2024 unless they are democrats.

No, I have no objection to temporary relief at all. I'm just not any more interested in which Red Flock Shepherd is more Alpha than you are.
    Then what are you babbling about? I've said repeatedly I don't give a flip about DeSantis. I'm just glad people are getting access to the treatment they need. This ain't about "red flock shepherds" and being "alpha." Where the hell is your sense of compassion? @Anti Federalist pointed out that this treatment is saving his life.

Am I concerned DeSantis will get too much credit for this? Not really. I'm more concerned that people seem to be confusing this with conservatism. I'm concerned that no matter how dire the situation becomes, Team Red will never be able to pull their heads out and realize that only their principles will save us. Their New Alpha Shepherd won't even try, any more than Reagan or Trump did.
    A governor of a state seeking treatment for the people of his state is not a violation of conservatism. Trump banning bump stocks by executive order is a violation of conservatism. If you're bitching about "federal money", Ron Paul brought a boatload of federal money back to his district as a congressmen so I guess you'd throw him out too. But again, if you're such a purist then put your money where your mouth is. That's something that neither you nor @PAF seem willing to do. The answer to "The taxpayers shouldn't fund this" is to fund it your own damn self.

I learned from history, and I'm $#@!ing sick of repeating it. That, too, isn't complicated.

People just insist that the same stupidity that got us into this mess will get us out. What was that definition of insanity, again?
    Wishing death on your fellow Americans is pretty insane.

Ron Paul brought a boatload of federal money back to his district as a congressmen so I guess you'd throw him out too. But again, if you're such a purist then put your money where your mouth is. That's something that neither you nor @PAF seem willing to do. The answer to "The taxpayers shouldn't fund this" is to fund it your own damn self.

Wishing death on your fellow Americans is pretty insane.
    You will correct me on this: Ron Paul did not take federal money back and invest in government clinics.

I am not wishing death on anybody. To the contrary, this whole stinking mess is causing illness/side effects/deaths, people not receiving treatment the way that they should, lining the pockets of investors and politicians as the OP stated.

You are missing the entire point. This is about the take-over of privatized healthcare [where markets should determine winners/losers], no matter what form or method they may use.

You will correct me on this: Ron Paul did not take federal money back and invest in government clinics.

I am not wishing death on anybody. To the contrary, this whole stinking mess is causing illness/side effects/deaths, people not receiving treatment the way that they should, lining the pockets of investors and politicians as the OP stated.

You are missing the entire point. This is about the take-over of privatized healthcare [where markets should determine winners/losers], no matter what form or method they may use.
    That's the beauty of problem - reaction - "solution", isn't it?

"They don't need to take this over to save those lives. We were already saving those lives without government help. If we let them get away with this power grab, we will regret it from now on."

"How can you be so cold-blooded as to even think of that right now?!? People are dying!!"

I guess it just doesn't pay to keep a calm head in a crisis.

Get well soon!

May GOD bless and keep you.
    Thanks brother, it is much appreciated.

Released from hospital on Tuesday, with improving metrics, but still tested positive.

Yesterday afternoon tested negative with much improved symptoms.

That was dicey there for about 72 hours...caught a particularly virulent "breakthough" strain from a fully vaxxed person.

And how anybody can view what the fedgov is doing in FL as nothing but pure evil is beyond me.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

And how anybody can view what the fedgov is doing in FL as nothing but pure evil is beyond me.
    Just in Florida? The federal government is pure evil, doing pure evil all over the world. Of course rationing an effective treatment to sell more of an ineffective "vaccine" is beyond sleazy and psychopathic. State pushback is just what the doctor ordered.

And until this moment, DeSantis has mostly been part of the problem. Other governors have been quietly doing the right thing, but the guy trying to turn his whole state's medical industrial complex into fascism is getting all the MSM attention. I wonder why?

Just in Florida? The federal government is pure evil, doing pure evil all over the world. Of course rationing an effective treatment to sell more of an ineffective "vaccine" is beyond sleazy and psychopathic. State pushback is just what the doctor ordered.

And until this moment, DeSantis has mostly been part of the problem. Other governors have been quietly doing the right thing, but the guy trying to turn his whole state's medical industrial complex into fascism is getting all the MSM attention. I wonder why?

I'm waiting for the day in the future when: "how anybody can view what the United-Nations-Global-Corp. is doing in New Hampshire as nothing but pure evil is beyond me".

I'm waiting for the day in the future when: "how anybody can view what the United-Nations-Global-Corp. is doing in New Hampshire as nothing but pure evil is beyond me".
    Incrementalism: Overreach, but have a stooge pushing back in a half-assed manner. The stooge then becomes a hero, and you can "elect" him into a position to grab another increment with less resistance.

If at first you don't succeed, kill a few more people. You'll get those frogs boiled.

I thought once we got within an inch and a half of full fascist tyranny, people might be willing to draw a line in the sand. I guess not.

Team Red rah rah blah blah.

I'm against nationalized health care. I want governors to take it over. Wheeee! Look how conservative I am!

Oh, well. We weren't using that liberty anyway.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-18-2021 at 09:58 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks brother, it is much appreciated.

Released from hospital on Tuesday, with improving metrics, but still tested positive.

Yesterday afternoon tested negative with much improved symptoms.

That was dicey there for about 72 hours...caught a particularly virulent "breakthough" strain from a fully vaxxed person.

I hadn't realized you were in the hospital, brother. Man, I hope you're recovering quickly. If there's anything, anything at all that we can do from our end here don't hesitate to call. Get better, man. I'll save the arguments for when you're feeling better.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

What if he did? Seriously? What uses of federal money do you find "acceptable" versus "unacceptable?" Here is an article on Ron Paul pork.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1QYP_blog.html

Great. At least we're on the same page on that. The problem that we have right now is that Biden et al are actively blocking treatment options. Anything reversing that is helpful. I've asked you multiple times for actual solutions. You know, that "counter economics" that agorists are supposed to be famous for? Instead, you've just been acting political. Even negative politics is politics. Yes, I'm calling you out on your own theory.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast