Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another thing to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    White western Christian people and those who support everything that phrase stands for.
    And the MSM stirs up controversy and splits hairs and redefine words, and you end up looking like the worst your definition ever fit. It's Murphy's Law and Godwin's Law all rolled into one. Congratulations, yer a nazi. You make it way too easy for them. Deprogramming that ain't.

The Texan was accusing kahless of writing slogans. Better him than you.

As this government devolves into a real, existential threat, people will be wanting to be deprogrammed.

You're wrong, you know. Freedom is popular. That's why official threats work. But the sheeple will put on wolf's clothing when they can no longer tell civilian life from prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Ok vague as usual. If I'm interpreting your post correctly ( and I'm sure you will follow up to let me know I definitely am not interpreting your post correctly )

your plan for positive outcomes for liberty is:

"You want change, set your demands, make noise, gain a following and take separate political action."

First, that's not a plan, that's a slogan. What are these changes you want? What are these demands? What are these actions?

From your second quote, I assume the changes you want are "no elites" and the demands are approximately "the elites must die"?

Is that an accurate representation of your "plan"? Your plan is to make a raucus about the elites? And then kill them and/or chase them out?

If you don't want me to "misinterpret" your post then say something with $#@!ing substance. Use your words!
    Maybe that would not happen you would not keeping replying with things I never said. I agree with the facts in your reply but I never opposed it in the first place. You cherry picked it and made up a reply since your trolling.

On issues, this is Ron Paul $#@!ing forums, right? What the $#@! do you think this forum used to stand for here? Certainly not statism of the Republican party or your god emperor Trump.

The limited government anti-state policies used to be front and center here even if it meant discussing solutions to get there outside the system, outside the Republican party or flooding the party with liberty minded candidates to take over the party.

These ideals are irrelevant unless a new movement is created and we take separate political action instead of waiting for the Republican establishment or Trump. Most importantly as I have stated in so many posts in this thread is to recognize who the enemy is that we are fighting.

You see that as a slogan, I see it as the truth of the matter where we need to go otherwise it will just be more of the same.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I'm not even going to try and defend the national GOP, I agree with you.

But locally, at the state level, it does make a difference.

We just passed a law banning the closure of churches during a declared "emergency" in NH.

Under the last crowd of Commies in Concord, that would never have happened.
    I would say that the message of "just walking away" seems to be working quite well but only with one side. I've got loads of friends who are conservatives but aren't republicans.

I'm just not sure what the end goal is, though. If it is to have the left marching in complete unison while the right is split between neocon liberals and actual conservatives who just threw in the towel, it's working quite well but to what end?

I don't think anyone here who leans conservative actually thinks the republicans have a majority when they have a "majority", but the left gets a majority and it's like it's fk'ing "party-time, damn-the-torpedoes." Just let me know where the threshold is where conservatives get so abysmally discouraged that they start fighting back. Or is the plan not to even fight back because 'mumble-mumble-something-something elites'?

Hard to tell anymore.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-17-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Maybe that would not happen you would not keeping replying with things I never said. I agree with the facts in your reply but I never opposed it in the first place. You cherry picked it and made up a reply since your trolling.

On issues, this is Ron Paul $#@!ing forums, right? What the $#@! do you think this forum used to stand for here? Certainly not statism of the Republican party or your god emperor Trump.

The limited government anti-state policies used to be front and center here even if it meant discussing solutions to get there outside the system, outside the Republican party or flooding the party with liberty minded candidates to take over the party.

These ideals are irrelevant unless a new movement is created and we take separate political action instead of waiting for the Republican establishment or Trump. Most importantly as I have stated in so many posts in this thread is to recognize who the enemy is that we are fighting.

You see that as a slogan, I see it as the truth of the matter where we need to go otherwise it will just be more of the same.
    Ok, so then I assume, "create a raucus about the elites and chase them out" is a fair summary of your plan. And/or education.

I think we've come to a fair enough understanding.

I think your plan is $#@!in stupid, and you think my plan is $#@!in stupid.

Good 'nuff.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I just can't help but wonder if this were 1776, if we would be running back and forth between the American and British firing lines trying to get everyone to rise up against King George III.

Meanwhile everyone, Redcoat and Minuteman alike, is yelling at us to get the fk out of the way and quit blocking the shots. .
    That is a totally invalid comparison. You want to use that time in history then it would be like British citizens in the isles fomenting descent against the King. With problems at home that foreign war in America may have never been fought and there would have been less of a loss in British blood and treasure.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

That is a totally invalid comparison. You want to use that time in history then it would be like British citizens in the isles fomenting descent against the King. With problems at home that foreign war in America may have never been fought and there would have been less of a loss in British blood and treasure.
    Nah, it's valid.

Think about it:

You've got these poor British soldiers and sailors fighting for King George III because maybe, I don't know, it's hard to find employment elsewhere. So this super duper-elite King George III is just using them to put down rebels in the colonies. They don't realize they're being used.

I mean, our fight wasn't with them, it was with King George III, right? Damn his elite-ness.

But that mean ol' racist George Washington decided to beat the sh1t out of those poor pawns anyway. It just kind of had to be done, ya know?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-17-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Nah, it's valid.

Think about it:

You've got these poor British soldiers and sailors fighting for King George III because maybe, I don't know, it's hard to find employment elsewhere. So this super duper-elite King George III is just using them to put down rebels in the colonies. They don't realize they're being used.

I mean, our fight wasn't with them, it was with King George III, right? Damn his elite-ness.

But that mean ol' racist George Washington decided to beat the sh1t out of those poor pawns anyway. It just kind of had to be done, ya know?
    That is still a false comparison. You are still discussing a war between two countries rather than the internal struggle between the common people and the elites.

That is still a false comparison. You are still discussing a war between two countries rather than the internal struggle between the common people and the elites.
    What? I'm like 99% certain the colonies were part of the British empire.

A piece of paper didn't change that.

Had to defeat a bunch of pawns sent by the elites before it became official.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

What? I'm like 99% certain the colonies were part of the British empire.

A piece of paper didn't change that.

Had to defeat a bunch of pawns sent by the elites before it became official.
    Obviously, you are correct there. I was in a hurry and remember starting to write "they are so far a part they are effectively two different countries" and got side tracked.

But again not the same thing for reasons I said in that last quote.

The crux of the Texan's argument is that identity politics has always been a thing, and always will be. You can hate it if you want to, but it isn't going away.

Jews vs. Gentiles
    Patriots vs. Tories
    North vs. South
    Left vs. Right
    Cart Narcs vs. Lazy Bones

A tale as old as time.
    FIFY
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You can spread all the reputation around you like but nothing will change the fact that identity politics are being played against you not for you. Your ideals will be sent into the dustbin of history if you continue to follow your false gods that are playing you like a fiddle. These same false gods who you falsely perceive to defend your identity will grovel in apology to your enemies attacking you as you lose more ground in policy.

Go ahead, keep repeating the same mistakes each cycle and give the elites and their bull$#@! Republican party exactly what they want from you.

btw - Just to be clear my point about "identity politics" which he cherry picked out of my post was making the point that the elites played certain types of identity politics for the purpose of lining people up on sides that best suits them. That we should play it in a manner which best suits our cause. One can hope people from all races and religions unified against the oppressor elites which would likely provide a greater number of followers but obviously we know how it would go given the divisions already inflamed by the elites.
    The only way to stop them is to take control of the identity politics and draw the lines where they benefit us.
    Abandoning the field of identity politics to the enemy is the surest way to lose.

Culture matters.
    Some cultures are more useful to the enemy than others and you will never get them on your side.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Lots of great discussion, I appreciate things staying civil.

My view, there is legitimately to both methods as kahless and Texan describe. Consider there are short plays and long plays. Go for quick wins when possible and leverage that for the next step.

Key for what we need is a comprehensive adaptive deprogramming system. Start simple, focused on issues of interest. Expand based on aptitude, interest adjustments and ability to progress. Keep planting new seeds and guiding down the rabbit hole...
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Lots of great discussion, I appreciate things staying civil.

My view, there is legitimately to both methods as kahless and Texan describe. Consider there are short plays and long plays. Go for quick wins when possible and leverage that for the next step.

Key for what we need is a comprehensive adaptive deprogramming system. Start simple, focused on issues of interest. Expand based on aptitude, interest adjustments and ability to progress. Keep planting new seeds and guiding down the rabbit hole...
    We've been trying for that since the forums started. Are things any better now then then?

If we did join with the left to overthrow the elites then they would turn on us and kill us when it was over.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    We've been trying for that since the forums started. Are things any better now then then?
    Done to varies degrees, we need to be more sophisticated. On the advanced side, an AI / machine learning system could be more effective.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Done to varies degrees, we need to be more sophisticated. On the advanced side, an AI / machine learning system could be more effective.
    Not. Things are worse than when we started. No amount of 'sophistication,' whatever the hell that means, or AI/Machine learning system is gonna change the path.
    Given the trajectory of when the forums were started and where we are now prove me wrong.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not. Things are worse than when we started. No amount of 'sophistication,' whatever the hell that means, or AI/Machine learning system is gonna change the path.
    Given the trajectory of when the forums were started and where we are now prove me wrong.
    Absolutely things are worse off, both in terms of the number of liberty supporters and our level of freedom. I see nothing that could be done that could reverse this in the immediate future. At best, it's a big ship that won't turn around fast.

Perhaps an agreeable point is that we need resources and people to win, the key is how can we best get there? The more sophisticated of a solution we have to that problem the better. Sophisticated in being able to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time. What scientific data do we have to optimize what we do now? There is mostly individual trial and error, one person at a time. Consider an AI bot system that could optimize content delivery based on individual profiles. That's a long way off but the technology is largely in place used for marketing purposes. Key is we have to improve at what we do.

The issue is Americans have become accustomed to the plea deal. They know what they have and are afraid to fight the machine so they take the plea deal.

What needs to happen is we need to take one stance against one very important issue and win. Then build from there. We were denied freedom of religious assembly. Forced to close businesses. Mandated to wear masks. Denied the ability to question elections.... Pick one or any issue and find the best elected Representative in office and win. Build from that. We can have an entire list of liberties we want to protect. We are not even asking for change. So people will notice once we win the big one and we are following that up with the next most egregious assault on our liberties.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 08-18-2021 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You're wrong, you know. Freedom is popular.
    I'm willing to commit to utter objectivity here, I'll not argue, contradict or rebut what you say, but review with a dispassionate eye anything you present.

Prove that.

Change my mind, that amongst the great masses, there is a universal love of liberty.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-18-2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Freedom is popular.
    I'm willing to commit to utter objectivity here, I'll not argue, contradict or rebut what you say, but review with a dispassionate eye anything you present.

Prove that.

Change my mind, that amongst the great masses, their is a universal love of liberty.
    Freedom is popular in the sense that people want freedom for themselves and not others. The idea of living in a free society is their worst nightmare.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Is Free Speech a good issue to take a stance on? If Rand Paul or Thomas Massie will not support a full out effort to ensure our Right to Free Speech, are they worth supporting? This should be easy peasy. We are not asking for anything not already guaranteed. If we cannot protect one of our most important rights, how can we expect to effectuate Freedom or Liberty on the large scale?

Recently Massie retweeted a comment stating that the Taliban's official spokesman has an active Twitter account. Meanwhile, the former President of the United States remains banned.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 08-18-2021 at 06:34 AM.

...that amongst the great masses, their is a universal...
    There's no universal anything among the masses. Collectivism may have gotten us in this mess, but can't get us out.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Freedom is popular in the sense that people want freedom for themselves and not others. The idea of living in a free society is their worst nightmare.
    That's the bad news we need most to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    You can only get as much liberty as you give.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-18-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That is pretty much without sarcasm a close enough summary of my position. It's a lot more realistic than expecting the 99.9% "non-elites" to suddenly unify together in magical harmony together, and come to the realization that we don't need government force or violence, we can all subscribe to the NAP and we can all live in peace, just lets get rid of these elites first and then we can all live holding hands in our new-found joyous utopia.

The chances of that happening are exactly 0. Please correct me if the above isn't a close enough summary of your position.

Yup. Pretty much. At least until the foreseeable next 2,000 years or so, this will be the way it's going to be. There will be conflicts among groups of men, and there will be elites pulling the strings. The best we can realistically hope for, is success in that context.

I'll roll with you Texan!
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 08-18-2021 at 07:52 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I'll roll with you Texan!
    TheTexan is promoting statist propaganda that falsely claims libertarians will not fight because of NAP. That is a lie. They are violating our NAP, that gives us the right to fight back. There is no contradiction in philosophy.

No one here or anywhere claims 99.9% "non-elites" will suddenly unify. He pulled that completely out of his ass in defense of the status quo since that is what statists do, they defend the Republican establishment and their failed leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Which generally proves my point.

Put another way...
    @acptulsa quoted Will Rogers:

Will Rogers
    You can only get as much liberty as you give.
    I wish that was the case.

But it's not.

I've spent years, decades, doing everything I could to curb and bring attention to corrupt militarized cops and the loss of liberty that comes with them.

I got BLM in return.

Against my better judgement I set aside differences and concerns I had about homosexual marriage, to expand liberty for a small minority and decrease the control of the state.

I got Drag Queen Story Hour and normalized pedophilia in return.

I fully supported an end to drug prohibition as being antithetical to freedom.

I got hundreds of thousands of people just like me, dead from overdoses, while my enemies gloat over the fact, widespread legalized weed, and I'll still get arrested if I try to smoke a cigarette in public, in return.

No, freedom is not popular, and even if you fight for somebody's else's freedom, they'll usually turn on you and stab you in the back once they have achieved what they want.

Separation of the remnant is the only possible solution, with vigorous and active defense of "our" space into the future.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-18-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Which generally proves my point.

Put another way...
    @acptulsa quoted Will Rogers:

I wish that was the case.

But it's not.

I've spent years, decades, doing everything I could to cub and bring attention to corrupt militarized cops and the loss of liberty that comes with them.

I got BLM in return.

Against my better judgement I set aside differences and concerns I had about homosexual marriage, to expand liberty for a small minority and decrease the control of the state.

I got Drag Queen Story Hour and normalized pedophilia in return.

I fully supported an end to drug prohibition as being antithetical to freedom.

I got hundreds of thousands of people just like me, dead from overdoses, while my enemies gloat over the fact, widespread legalized weed, and I'll still get arrested if I try to smoke a cigarette in public, in return.

No, freedom is not popular, and even if you fight for somebody's else's freedom, they'll usually turn on you and stab you in the back once they have achieved what they want.

Separation of the remnant is the only possible solution, with vigorous and active defense of "our" space into the future.
    You are judging the entire country based on political figures the elite media continually promote. Your average rational people do not support what they are peddling. However when the elite media eventually over time repeat their beliefs over and over again it becomes the norm. That is the entire point, it is all political advocacy from your enemies and it is imperative to get people to recognize who the enemy is.

The news media did begin to cover the militarized cops and the loss of liberty, prior to BLM. It would not surprise me some of that came from recognizing your daily posts on it front and center in this forum. (especially back then when the news media was watching this site). We kind of all got away from that since the Republican establishment went over drive in pro-police mode against BLM. Seems to always work out for the establishment when people are waking up. Why did the elite media pick BLM and where was the money-advocacy from BLM coming from? Hmmm.

BLM was and is not necessarily all a bad thing. Despite the racist players, there was some good that came out of it and it raised awareness of how bad police abuse is.

We still have drug prohibition and people are dying from laced product because of it. However there has been significant progress made in legalization of weed in many states and coming at the federal level. No one seems to care about people dying since again the elite media, (the enemy), largely does not bother to cover it. The elites are perfectly fine with the number of whites dying of drug overdoses and some have been vocal celebrating that fact.

It is not like the drag queens in schools is a wide spread phenomenon and that average people across the country were going along with it. The elite media again puts it out there to normalize it.

Fringe groups that are stabbing you in the back are being funded to do so. Again, who is funding them and who is giving them a voice to create enemies against you?

You are judging the entire country based on political figures the elite media continually promote.
    Good luck with that approach. I've pointed out more than once that the brainwashed kids spent decades seeing no Christians on their teevee, but instead seeing Westboro "Baptist" "Church" committing mayhem and being rude to the innocent.

That's what these kids think Christians are, and what he has been presented with as "Democrats" is just as far off the mark. But it seems some of us were in splendid isolation even before the covid lockdown. And he'd clearly take breitbart's, zerohedge's and other controlled op sites' opinions over mine.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck with that approach. I've pointed out more than once that the brainwashed kids spent decades seeing no Christians on their teevee, but instead seeing Westboro "Baptist" "Church" committing mayhem and being rude to the innocent.

That's what these kids think Christians are, and what he has been presented with as "Democrats" is just as far off the mark. But it seems some of us were in splendid isolation even before the covid lockdown. And he'd clearly take breitbart's, zerohedge's and other controlled op sites' opinions over mine.
    I'm assuming you mean me, by "he'd clearly take". No need to address me in third person, we're just talking.

I've pointed out more than once that the brainwashed kids spent decades seeing no Christians on their teevee, but instead seeing Westboro "Baptist" "Church" committing mayhem and being rude to the innocent.
    I know you have, but that doesn't make your point correct.

Franklin Graham has a TeeVee presence 1000 times greater than WBC.

Brainwashed kids use WBC to validate their preconceived notions about faith and church and Christianity, not the other way around. Kiddie diddling Catholic priests did more damage than WBC could ever hope to do. They had these ideas before hand, because they were brainwashed.

And he'd clearly take breitbart's, zerohedge's and other controlled op sites' opinions over mine.
    While Breitbart is clearly a "conventional conservative" outlet, I'd always thought that zerohedge was a legitimate "alternative" site.

I don't take any of it as gospel, nor do I take your opinion as gospel truth.

I wouldn't expect you to take mine either.

I look, I think, I analyze (as best a HS drop out working man can) and then come to a conclusion, which I share.

No deeper ulterior motives than that.

Franklin Graham has a TeeVee presence 1000 times greater than WBC.
    Because kids invariably turn to the evangelic channels for their brainwashing, not CNN. Yawn.

I don't take any of it as gospel, nor do I take your opinion as gospel truth.

I wouldn't expect you to take mine either.

I look, I think, I analyze (as best a HS drop out working man can) and then come to a conclusion, which I share.

No deeper ulterior motives than that.
    Indeed not. But like all of us, especially past a certain age, your rudder may be a bit small to turn you properly and quickly to quarter the wake when the wind shifts.

Let us hope this brainwashed younger generation is more nimble on their mental feet. Sooner or later they'll see this government's true colors. When that happens, let's hope they don't just go into denial. If they don't, let's hope we have sense enough to say, good, you finally woke up. Come in and have some coffee.

We won't win fighting fire with fire. Collectivism got us in this mess. It won't get us out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast