Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toady is election day - Rand up for another 6 yrs in Senate! [Update: Rand wins!!!]

Toady is election day - Rand up for another 6 yrs in Senate! [Update: Rand wins!!!]

Post your predictions, observations, election day experiences here, where we will track the final results.

[edit] election info here:

Kentucky Senate
    -Polls close at 6 pm or 7 pm ET
    -Kentucky State Board of Elections results: http://results.enr.clarityelections....n/summary.html
    -Politico results: http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...nate/kentucky/

update: Rand win!

Last edited by jct74; 11-08-2016 at 07:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paul +11
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Paul +11
    RANDSLIDE!
    "I am a bird"

He'll skate.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-08-2016 at 03:35 AM.

Paul +11
    From RCP

(Nov1)
    Kentucky Senate - Paul vs. Gray Western Kentucky Univ. Paul 55, Gray 39 Paul +16

2010 election outcome was; 55.69% - 44.22%..

So it seems he's likely to win with a similar lead as his first race..
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 11-08-2016 at 03:46 AM.
    "I am a bird"

All Ron Paul Kentuckians!

Make sure you get out to vote for Sen. Rand Paul. Make it the first thing you do this morning! No morning sex, no coffee and bagels, no shower and shave, no kissing the wife and kids before leaving for work until you've cast your ballot for Sen. Paul!

That's an order, soldiers!
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Already voted for Rand! KY has more registered Dems than Republicans, so I'm still slightly worried. He'll probably win though.
    Stop believing stupid things

My prediction = He'll only serve 4 of those 6 years.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^We can only hope. The only silver lining of an inevitable Clinton presidency is the potential for Rand to challenge her re-election. The GOP allowing him to do so is another story..

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Liberty View Post
    ^We can only hope. The only silver lining of an inevitable Clinton presidency is the potential for Rand to challenge her re-election. The GOP allowing him to do so is another story..
    Thanks to the email hacks, Rand can now make a relatively solid case that he deserves their support. Whether or not they want to..another story.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I see there was a last minute poll showing the race closer at 50-46. That same poll also showed Rubio losing in Florida. Both of those seem unlikely.

The Louisville paper noted Rand took Sunday off from campaigning, so I am going to guess he is pretty confident in the outcome.

I think on Sunday they told Rand he has already seen every voter in KY and won over more than enough to win. He never really slowed down from his POTUS campaign, he just moved all his events to KY.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

first returns (Laurel County):

Kentucky

0% Reporting

Polls Closing: 6:00 PM ET
    R R. Paul (i) 71.8% 1,898
    D J. Gray 28.2% 744

0.1% Reporting

R R. Paul (i) 65.6% 6,531
    D J. Gray 34.4% 3,422

Wow. Jesus. Rand REALLY underperforming Trump in this Fayette county.

Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-08-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

That is Lexington, Gray is expected to do well there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's where Lexington is, where Jim Gray is mayor.

That is Lexington, Gray is expected to do well there.
    That makes more sense because Gray is the mayor there. I didn't consider that.

He is down 19k votes there and McConnell only lost by 6k.

That's by design Gray campaigned as Trump lite- he even slipped it into the debate and said "i'm like Trump" let someone else in there to shake things up. Trump never really advocated for down ballot races, and especially in Kentucky- he even created Gray's talking point against Rand by attacking Rand in the GOP presidential primaries for running for two offices. This talking point of course resonated with some Trump supporters, and Trump never really disavowed those remarks.

I think when the rest of the Fayette County comes in they will start calling it for Rand.

4.4% Reporting

R. Paul (i) 62.4%
    D J. Gray 37.6%
    http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...lts/map/senate
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Ballgame. AP just called the race

Congratulations Rand!
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

NYT calls race for Rand!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And people were actually worried about Rand keeping his seat. Easy win
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Awesome! I don't like that Trump is outperforming Rand by so much, but I'll still take it.

CNN calls it for Rand!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Outstanding. He needs to start campaigning for POTUS 2020...tomorrow.

I still do not understand how Kentucky has more registered dems than rep and they still vote for republican senate candidates multiple decades in a row. I am just saying that if I am a conservative that tend to vote for republican type candidates, I would register as a republican.

Regardless, good for him. At least there is a small silver lining after all in this election.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast