Thread: Why hasn't Stewart Rhodes been indicted for his role in the 1/6 "insurrection"?

Why hasn't Stewart Rhodes been indicted for his role in the 1/6 "insurrection"?

I remember this guy supporting Ron Paul when he ran for president, before he started Oathkeepers. Was he one of Ron's staff? It's appearing he's a government rat. How do you all see it?

Federal Protection of “Oath Keepers” Kingpin Stewart Rhodes Breaks The Entire Capitol “Insurrection” Lie Wide Open
    June 30, 2021

...The Justice Department argues that Stewart Rhodes both substantially organized and activated an imputed plan to use violence, on 1/6, in real-time, through a series of encrypted Signal messages beginning at 1:38 p.m., as Trump concluded his rally speech on the National Mall, and 62 minutes before Oath Keepers lieutenants allegedly formed a “military stack” to rush the Capitol doors.

These facts alone, as alleged, are more than legally sufficient to secure an indictment of Stewart Rhodes. We will walk you through the mountains of direct and circumstantial evidence built on top of these allegations, but readers must understand this: the only reason Stewart Rhodes is not in jail *right now* is because of a deliberate decision by the Justice Department to protect him.

Indeed, it is unclear whether the FBI has even sought to search Stewart Rhodes’s residence, personal belongings, or electronic devices, other than a single iPhone allegedly seized on the streets from agents in unmarked FBI vehicles in late April (since returned). For reasons discussed below, there is good reason to suspect the FBI will pursue a tightly controlled and very limited scope of investigation into Stewart Rhodes,. Beyond that narrow scope, they may not want the information they are likely to find....

https://www.revolver.news/2021/06/st...co-conspirator

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I remember this guy supporting Ron Paul when he ran for president, before he started Oathkeepers. Was he one of Ron's staff? It's appearing he's a government rat. How do you all see it?
    Because it wouldn't prudent

Now we know , thanks to Tucker Carlson , that FBI agents were actively instigating the Patriots - the FBI has refused to release 14000 hours of surveillance tape

Furthermore :

The following questions should be shouted from every megaphone, every street corner, and every Congressional lectern until the American people get full and complete answers:

Does the FBI now, or has it ever, maintained a formal or informal relationship or point of contact with Stewart Rhodes, whether directly or indirectly, including through intermediaries?

Do any other Federal counterintelligence equities, whether in military, intelligence or law enforcement, including but not limited to Army Counterintelligence, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), or otherwise, maintain or have they ever maintained a formal or informal relationship with Stewart Rhodes, whether directly or indirectly, including through intermediaries?

If such a confidential relationship did exist between Stewart Rhodes and one or more U.S. counterintelligence equities, how do the FBI and other responsible agencies reconcile the enormous gravity of this omission from their previous deflections, non-answers, and boilerplate that they had “no actionable intelligence” before 1/6?

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Because it wouldn't prudent

Now we know , thanks to Tucker Carlson , that FBI agents were actively instigating the Patriots - the FBI has refused to release 14000 hours of surveillance tape

Furthermore :

The following questions should be shouted from every megaphone, every street corner, and every Congressional lectern until the American people get full and complete answers:

Does the FBI now, or has it ever, maintained a formal or informal relationship or point of contact with Stewart Rhodes, whether directly or indirectly, including through intermediaries?

Do any other Federal counterintelligence equities, whether in military, intelligence or law enforcement, including but not limited to Army Counterintelligence, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), or otherwise, maintain or have they ever maintained a formal or informal relationship with Stewart Rhodes, whether directly or indirectly, including through intermediaries?

If such a confidential relationship did exist between Stewart Rhodes and one or more U.S. counterintelligence equities, how do the FBI and other responsible agencies reconcile the enormous gravity of this omission from their previous deflections, non-answers, and boilerplate that they had “no actionable intelligence” before 1/6?

Correct.

Could have been from the start, or could have been compromised at some point, who knows..

Oh ya, the FBI
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I've never believed that those that "took the oath" ever had a vested interest in reforming the status quo.

Oath Keepers turned tail and ran at the first threat from the kops in St. Louis back in the Michael Brown days.

They are useless.....

or designed to be useless and ensnare the gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I've never believed that those that "took the oath" ever had a vested interest in reforming the status quo.

Oath Keepers turned tail and ran at the first threat from the kops in St. Louis back in the Michael Brown days.

They are useless.....

or designed to be useless and ensnare the gullible.

Bingo,

Is it possible that the Oath Keepers, the most prominent antigovernment group in the United States, has been run, in effect, by the United States government itself — and nobody has mentioned it until now?

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Oath Keepers leader and 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' related to US Capitol attack

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/polit...doj/index.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Oath Keepers leader and 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' related to US Capitol attack

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Oathkeepers charged with sedition

//
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rhodes convicted

Right-wing Oath Keepers founder convicted of sedition in U.S. Capitol attack plot
    Stewart Rhodes, founder of the right-wing Oath Keepers militia group, was convicted by a jury on Tuesday of seditious conspiracy for last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol in a failed bid to overturn then-President Donald Trump's 2020 election loss - an important victory for the Justice Department.

Rhodes, a Yale Law School-educated former Army paratrooper and disbarred attorney, was accused by prosecutors during an eight-week trial of fomenting a plot to use force to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden's election victory over Trump.

He was the best-known of the five defendants in the most significant of the numerous trials arising from the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot. One co-defendant, Kelly Meggs, was also found guilty of seditious conspiracy on Tuesday, while three others - Kenneth Harrelson, Jessica Watkins and Thomas Caldwell - were acquitted of that charge.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Stewart Rhodes helped out a direct family member in need of legal counsel, pro bono and right away.

He is rock solid as far as I'm concerned, and now he is off to political prison, probably for the rest of his life.

And all "we" do to support him is to suggest he's a rat.

Proud to have chipped in to his defense fees, even if a worthless gesture and which probably makes me a thought criminal as well.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I don't support Trump. I don't think Trump won. I used to defend the oath keepers as a good organization before they got mixed up with Trump.

Want to know where they $#@!ed up? They didn't go far enough. If you are staging a coup you need to capture or kill the enemy to reach your goal. You don't just walk in take a few selfies in Nancy's office and leave. The winners write history. Rhodes just found that out the hard way. Too bad, he did a lot of good things before getting caught up in the Trump madness.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't support Trump. I don't think Trump won. I used to defend the oath keepers as a good organization before they got mixed up with Trump.

Want to know where they $#@!ed up? They didn't go far enough. If you are staging a coup you need to capture or kill the enemy to reach your goal. You don't just walk in take a few selfies in Nancy's office and leave. The winners write history. Rhodes just found that out the hard way. Too bad, he did a lot of good things before getting caught up in the Trump madness.
    What if you're not staging a coup? (I refuse to parrot the mainstream narrative, I'll leave that to you).
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    What if you're not staging a coup? (I refuse to parrot the mainstream narrative, I'll leave that to you).
    Call it what you will, it really doesn't matter. If you take an action like that you need to follow through to completion. Because history has long shown that the victors write it.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Stewart Rhodes helped out a direct family member in need of legal counsel, pro bono and right away.

He is rock solid as far as I'm concerned, and now he is off to political prison, probably for the rest of his life.

Which is exactly what the Feds want us to do. The Feds can't be everywhere all of the time, but I'm sure they $#@!ing love that we think they can.

Not everyone is a fed.

Every time that someone is called a Fed - that isn't - we are doing the Feds' job for them.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 11-30-2022 at 03:42 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Call it what you will, it really doesn't matter. If you take an action like that you need to follow through to completion. Because history has long shown that the victors write it.
    If Jan 6 was done in response to any other President's loss, I don't think the punishments would have been nearly as harsh.

The massive over-reaction to Jan 6 is entirely explainable by TDS.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If that stands for Teenager Debauchery by the State, then yes, it is.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If Jan 6 was done in response to any other President's loss, I don't think the punishments would have been nearly as harsh.

I agree some of them were too harsh. If it was just your average stupid Trumpkin who went into the capital and looked around, a few days in jail and a fine should have sufficed.

I don't support Trump.
    Your prerogative.

I'm neutral on him, neither a detractor nor sycophant. He did some good, failed significantly at other things.

I don't think Trump won.
    Then you are not using your brain properly. The simple fact that so much hanky panky was uncovered should at least have you on the fence. Trump probably won by a landslide, but at this point we may never know the truth. But to unequivocally imply he lost is first-order foolery. There was very little that was clean about the 2020 elections, just as has been the case in 2022.

Theye are waggling their balls on the end of your tongue and you're not moving it.

I used to defend the oath keepers as a good organization before they got mixed up with Trump.
    Your apparent tone here would seem to paint yourself as a Trump hater. More foolishness. I disagree with many things Trump did, but I do not hate him. The broad issue is many-faceted. Consider that with which he had to work - a "government" mangled grotesquely with the embedded corruptions of well over a century. What would YOU have done in that seat? Give the man credit where due, and excoriate appropriately. This blind hatred is pointless as it accomplishes little good, IMO.

Want to know where they $#@!ed up? They didn't go far enough.
    So you're guzzling Theire kool-aid?

If you are staging a coup you need to capture or kill the enemy to reach your goal.
    That may be true, but your assumption that it was an attempted coup is absurd on its face. How could you even make such a statement without feeling like you've eaten an entire bottle of imbecile pills? Seriously now, you cannot be serious.

Not a single participant was armed, certainly not with guns. The media would have hung on to that fact like grim death and we'd still be hearing about it every night until our eyes began to bleed. So you would have the world believe that a small group of people were lunatic enough to think they could stage a successful coup against potentially a few thousands of elected officials, appointees, and police, sans armament save perhaps their peckers, and succeed? You would have to quite clinically mad to believe such a thing. Even stupid people are not that stupid, for they would have had to have lost the ability to breathe on their own long before reaching such a depth of dumbassness.

You don't just walk in take a few selfies in Nancy's office and leave.
    And that, hint hint, is why it wasn't a coup. Hello?

The winners write history. Rhodes just found that out the hard way. Too bad, he did a lot of good things before getting caught up in the Trump madness.
    I'd say the only madness I see here is yours. Maybe I'm wrong.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Rhodes is my favorite Ivy League lawyer (Yale) insurrectionist

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1746974003317579834
    EXCLUSIVE J6 INVESTIGATION

- Thanks to new House Speaker Mike Johnson, We now have permission to release Capitol CCTV footage proving that a member of Nancy Pelosi's security detail, Special Agent David Lazarus, perjured himself on the stand during the Oath Keepers trial.

- Lazarus was brought in to corroborate another Capitol police officer's account claiming that he had antagonistic encounter with the Oath Keepers. But footage of Lazarus proves that he was lying.

- These lies, spread unquestioningly by the media and Democrat politicians, were used to put innocent people in prison, ruining their lives and the lives of their families. They and their attorneys did not have access to the footage at trial that Blaze Media is releasing today.

- Instead, Harry Dunn was made a hero by Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi, and as a result of his and David Lazarus's false testimony, there are innocent people in prison.

- The government lied about this. What else are they lying about?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1746974003317579834

Gee, what a surprise.

Proud to have chipped in to his defense fees, even if a worthless gesture and which probably makes me a thought criminal as well.
    Hang your heads in shame.

Patriots my ass.

Patriots my ass.
    As I've said before, if the American Revolution happened today, the Boston Tea Partiers would've been accused of being COINTELPRO. The colonies would've been too paralyzed by suspicion to ever break away from the king.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-23-2024 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No shame in asking logical questions.

Patriots my ass.
    When the government failed to arrest their prize “villain” after a year and a half, it raised the exact same questions here, as when they failed to arrest instigator Ray Epps. Don’t pretend otherwise. None of us, then or now, have a clear idea of what kind of intricate crap this monstrous government has contrived. The “hang your heads in shame” reproach is overdoing it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    When the government failed to arrest their prize “villain” after a year and a half, it raised the exact same questions here, as when they failed to arrest instigator Ray Epps. Don’t pretend otherwise. None of us, then or now, have a clear idea of what kind of intricate crap this monstrous government has contrived. The “hang your heads in shame” reproach is overdoing it a bit.
    There were good reasons to suspect Ray Epps of being a fed plant/instigator, entirely apart from the lack of any timely or significant charges against him. Were there any such reasons to suspect Stewart Rhodes? (That's not a snarky/rhetorical question - I honestly don't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    There were good reasons to suspect Ray Epps of being a fed plant/instigator, entirely apart from the lack of any timely or significant charges against him. Were there any such reasons to suspect Stewart Rhodes? (That's not a snarky/rhetorical question - I honestly don't know.)
    No. There's only our government which is loaded with devious, corrupt people pulling all kinds of crap, stabbing Americans in the back. If I remember correctly, Oathkeepers started out largely as pro-Ron Paul people after he ran for president, so they would've represented a "threat" the government would've immediately wanted to infiltrate and subdue. (Hadn't Epps also played some leadership role in a segment of the Oathkeepers at some point? Was he always a fed or was he pressured and turned?) I can't judge a man I've never met from here, but question everything. We're all just guessing.

Now we're finally seeing evidence that Rhodes was set up as many already suspected. Good for him. I hope he gets redress and compensation.