Thread: Paul to serve as top Republican on Senate oversight committee

Paul to serve as top Republican on Senate oversight committee

Paul to serve as top Republican on Senate oversight committee

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON
    11/17/22

Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) announced Thursday that he will take over as the top Republican on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee next year, opting not to become the ranking member on the Senate Health Committee, where he also serves as a senior member.

The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is the Senate’s chief oversight committee, which will give Paul broad jurisdiction over federal departments and agencies.

Had Republicans won the Senate majority in last week’s elections, Paul could have spearheaded Senate investigations of the Biden administration.

The committee has authority to receive referrals on all legislation related to the national archives, the census, the federal civil service, the organization of the executive branch and the U.S. Postal Service.

“The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee’s mission of oversight and investigations is critical to Congress reasserting itself, and as ranking member, I look forward to continuing the storied history of this committee’s leadership in consequential bipartisan oversight and investigations,” Paul said in a statement.

read more:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ght-committee/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmm. Would McConnell give Rand a promotion in order to protect Fauci (in the Senate Health Committee)?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hmmm. Would McConnell give Rand a promotion in order to protect Fauci (in the Senate Health Committee)?
    Is it up to him? Senate leaders may appoint senators to committees, but I think everything goes by seniority from there. This slot came open when Portman retired, as Johnson is minority leader of another subcommittee. I think Rand had the choice to assume that role for whichever committee he chose, but not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So few freedom-minded congressmen to go around.

We need a Rand or a Massie on the chair of EVERY committee.

This is gonna be hella entertaining
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This should be interesting.

My prediction is that Paul will do one of two things: go with the flow, in which case nothing good will happen, or become a pariah among the other committee members in which case nothing good will happen.

I don't see this as making any substantive difference in American reality. Once again I hope to be proven wrong.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    So few freedom-minded congressmen to go around.

We need a Rand or a Massie on the chair of EVERY committee.
    And I need a billion dollars. I recommend not holding your breath.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Speaking of Fauci, I've recently heard that he has a "partner". Is he homosexual? "Partner" seems their favorite phony baloney euphemism for "buttsex affiliate".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This is gonna be hella entertaining
    Unfortunately, it’s just entertainment