Thread: We're going to hit the debt ceiling and fiscal cliff at the same time.

We're going to hit the debt ceiling and fiscal cliff at the same time.

I have a warped sense of humor and to me it's funny that we're going to hit the new debt ceiling at the same time we are going to hit the fiscal cliff. Remember, the fiscal cliff was the deal to reduce the deficit we made in response for hitting the LAST debt ceiling a year and a half ago.

I can't wait to see what phony promises we are going to make to raise this current debt ceiling. Yeah, this time we're going to cut spending in the future and WE REALLY REALLY MEAN IT!!!

Could raising the debt ceiling and canceling the "fiscal cliff" be the pin that pops the bond bubble?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One problem with kicking the can down the road is that the more you kick it, the heavier it gets so the distance you can kick it gets shorter each time. Eventually they are going to haul off and kick it as hard as they can and it isn't going to budge. That's when the world reaches a pivot point.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Still waiting...

At this point, I'm with RP... we already went over the fiscal cliff. I just wish this show would get underway already. This slow death is pissing me off. If there's no way to avoid it, lets get this party started! Then MAYBE we can try to rebuild, if there is anythign left...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

And, sho' nuff, the very next night when Brer Rabbit come to get more goobers, he step in the snare trap, and before he knew it, he was truss' up by his legs, hangin' twixt the heavens and the earf.

At first, he was skeered he was gonna fall…then he was skeered he wasn’t gonna fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Douglas View Post
    And, sho' nuff, the very next night when Brer Rabbit come to get more goobers, he step in the snare trap, and before he knew it, he was truss' up by his legs, hangin' twixt the heavens and the earf.

At first, he was skeered he was gonna fall…then he was skeered he wasn’t gonna fall!
    So you're saying that basically we've been snared in the trap already and we're 'jus waytin fo farmer jo to come cleen uz up fo suppa!"
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    So you're saying that basically we've been snared in the trap already and we're 'jus waytin fo farmer jo to come cleen uz up fo suppa!"
    Well, Brer Bear, he sho gonna wanna knock Brer Rabbit's head clean off alright. And ol' Brer Fox, he gonna come long and wanna hang 'im, skin 'em, and drown 'im, sezee. But byem-by and lickety-split, he'll jes' fling old Brer Rabbit in da briar patch like he always done. Den we duz it all over agin, like nuttin' happen.

Racist!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Racist!
    lol, I wan't gwine t' dignify that widda respond, but now I guess I done diddat anyhow.

<--- GenYouWhine Joel Chandler Harris Fan - loves me some pure Americana

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Still waiting...

At this point, I'm with RP... we already went over the fiscal cliff. I just wish this show would get underway already. This slow death is pissing me off. If there's no way to avoid it, lets get this party started! Then MAYBE we can try to rebuild, if there is anythign left...
    I know, I totally agree. Plus the longer it takes for the dollar to collapse the faster it's going to be. At this point I don't see any way the dollar can survive. My fear is there's going to be a global rush to unload the dollar and it could happen overnight.

lol, I wan't gwine t' dignify that widda respond, but now I guess I done diddat anyhow.

<--- GenYouWhine Joel Chandler Harris Fan - loves me some pure Americana
    I bought the Heritage Press version of the Uncle Remus stories for my son on his last birthday (he is 18). They are a blast to read out loud and you do a good job of translating your posts into brer speak
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I have a warped sense of humor and to me it's funny that we're going to hit the new debt ceiling at the same time we are going to hit the fiscal cliff. Remember, the fiscal cliff was the deal to reduce the deficit we made in response for hitting the LAST debt ceiling a year and a half ago.

I can't wait to see what phony promises we are going to make to raise this current debt ceiling. Yeah, this time we're going to cut spending in the future and WE REALLY REALLY MEAN IT!!!

Could raising the debt ceiling and canceling the "fiscal cliff" be the pin that pops the bond bubble?
    As of October 28th, the estimated time we hit the next debt ceiling bump would be February or March while the "Fiscal Cliff" would hit in January 1st so that fight will be in December. Not quite "at the same time" but yes, close in political time frames.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89R0G520121028
    Regardless of who wins the November 6 elections, many congressional aides and Capitol Hill observers are predicting that lawmakers will go right up to the deadline - probably around mid-February or early March - before increasing the $16.4 trillion limit on borrowing that is nearly exhausted.

While no one is certain of another 11th-hour fight in February or March, no one is ruling it out.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.

duplicate.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.

I enjoy reading that Brer Rabbit stuff to my Grand kids , they love it when I get to the "Please don't throw me in the briar patch ".............

Wrong thread.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington