Thread: Trump Tells Reporter He Will Advance LGBT Rights.

Trump Tells Reporter He Will Advance LGBT Rights.

Watch: In Total Flip-Flop, Trump Tells Reporter He Will Advance LGBT Rights. Reporter Is A Lesbian.

Trump's Pandering For Votes Reaches New Low

In a stunning about-face, Donald Trump said Thursday that as president, he will strengthen LGBT civil rights and bring people together. The apparent change of heart comes literally just four days after the then-GOP frontrunner told ABC News he would "strongly consider" appointing judges who would overturn Obergefell, the Supreme Court decision that found same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry.

"I'm a lesbian," NECN reporter and Bay Windows publisher Sue O'Connell told Trump in an interview. "We've had some great progress for the gay and lesbian community," she continued.

"When President Trump is in office can we look for more forward motion on equality for gays and lesbians?," O'Connell asked.

"Well, you can," Trump, speaking in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, said. "We're going to bring people together, and that's your thing, and other people have their thing. We have to bring all people together and if we don't we're not going to have a country anymore."

In addition to saying he'd place justices on the Supreme Court who would overturn Obergefell, Trump has time and time again said he only supports "traditional marriage," and that same-sex marriage is not his "thing."

continued with video...http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...r_is_a_lesbian

Lol, everything to everybody. Have some more cool aid.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking Trump is a tad unstable... nuts !! Not because of his LGBT position, but because he can't even remember what he said the last time the question was asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of thinking Trump is a tad unstable... nuts !! Not because of his LGBT position, but because he can't even remember what he said the last time the question was asked.
    That happens a lot to serial liars.

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown.User View Post
    What flip flop? How are his statements inconsistent?

His statements based on your post:

1. He said he would consider appointing a judge that would overrule.
    2. He said he supports traditional marriage.
    3. He said LGBT can expect movement towards equality if he is president.

Those statements are not necessarily in conflict with each other are they?
    Ha ha ha ha

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown.User View Post
    I see, thanks for explaining that.
    You're welcome.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Evangelical States are almost over. Time for Trump to try to appeal to those less dogmatic on social issues. Dare we say he is going "moderate"?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I am for human rights. Screw specialty rights.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Evangelical States are almost over. Time for Trump to try to appeal to those less dogmatic on social issues. Dare we say he is going "moderate"?
    Well, that's supposed to be a good thing, according to some! Just think, obomba could have been defeated, if we had only nominated this sort of a "malleable", "moderate" candidate in 2012!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...both-top-Trump
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Cruz and Rubio could never win a PA, Ohio, Mass or Michigan. The Trump factor brings states into play never thought possible. Trump is a malleable candidate due to his NYC roots. The TPTB can keep fabricating all this KKK hysterics, but it's not going to stick. One minute, he's a NYC liberal who embodies crummy NY values and then the next he's a white supremacist? It does not compute.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Trump has never gone up against a Democrat. He is sure to moderate his tone in the general election fight.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

No surprise coming from that f@****
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    I am for human rights. Screw specialty rights.
    Yea, how about Constitutional rights for crying out loud? LOL.

This identify politics BS has been tearing us apart since the 60s.

I could see him sending federal agents in to arrest the last county clerk holdouts.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Watch: In Total Flip-Flop, Trump Tells Reporter He Will Advance LGBT Rights. Reporter Is A Lesbian.

Trump's Pandering For Votes Reaches New Low

In a stunning about-face, Donald Trump said Thursday that as president, he will strengthen LGBT civil rights and bring people together. The apparent change of heart comes literally just four days after the then-GOP frontrunner told ABC News he would "strongly consider" appointing judges who would overturn Obergefell, the Supreme Court decision that found same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry.

"I'm a lesbian," NECN reporter and Bay Windows publisher Sue O'Connell told Trump in an interview. "We've had some great progress for the gay and lesbian community," she continued.

"When President Trump is in office can we look for more forward motion on equality for gays and lesbians?," O'Connell asked.

"Well, you can," Trump, speaking in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, said. "We're going to bring people together, and that's your thing, and other people have their thing. We have to bring all people together and if we don't we're not going to have a country anymore."

In addition to saying he'd place justices on the Supreme Court who would overturn Obergefell, Trump has time and time again said he only supports "traditional marriage," and that same-sex marriage is not his "thing."

continued with video...http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...r_is_a_lesbian

Lol, everything to everybody. Have some more cool aid.
    Marriage is not a constitutional right, neither gays nor straights are guaranteed that by the government, the scotus made up law illegally. If he nominates a justice that overturns it, it doesn't necessarily means that gays wouldn't have equal rights. No more than a Christian baker should be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thing is, both statements are so vague and noncommittal that he could take any position when the time comes without contradicting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeinmo View Post
    Marriage is not a constitutional right, neither gays nor straights are guaranteed that by the government, the scotus made up law illegally. If he nominates a justice that overturns it, it doesn't necessarily means that gays wouldn't have equal rights. No more than a Christian baker should be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding.
    You're kidding yourself if you think Trump thinks like you about this.

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic