Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If this is a marketing ploy it is the worst I have seen. I could see what might be intended.

1) Get's Ron in media to discuss foreign intervention and PTSD.
    2) Put's to rest the 'newsletter' issue by showing that he doesn't keep tabs on things published under his name.

If this is the intention then he needs new marketing advisors.
    I think the political class, and here I include those who blog and live by its circuses, generally tend into red meat because you have a chorus on the other side saying 'yea!' and it furthers the sturm and drang 'excitement'. At the expense of the people, imho, who are needlessly divided on emotional and cultural ground and are diverted from the true issues which should unite us to fight them.

Ron 'brings people together' PRECISELY because he DOESN'T stoop to that level.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Exactly. He cares about ideas, not people.
    I don't think you said what you meant. If he doesn't care about people, why is he so motivated by ideas (like liberty) that help people?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    And Ron Paul posts his own tweets. Many people know that
    I don't. And judging by this thread, many others don't as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Whether he deserved it or not is not the point. To say that someone deserved to die right after their death is insensitive and it doesn't help the movement make it any easier to spread the anti-war message. Ron didn't inspire millions of people to oppose wars by talking like that.
    Ron Paul speaks the truth. Thats what inspires people

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't think you said what you meant. If he doesn't care about people, why is he so motivated by ideas (like liberty) that help people?
    Well, I should have been more clear. He makes it a point to disagree with ideas, not people. He attacks concepts, not individuals.

He does speak the truth. But it isn't like him to be impolitic, and it sure isn't like him to be insensitive for no concrete reason.

Well, I should have been more clear. He makes it a point to disagree with ideas, not people. He attacks concepts, not individuals.
    Ah, now that is much more clear, thank you. And it further illustrates why this doesn't look like Ron's own work to me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ron Paul was attacking the concept of living by the sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Whether he deserved it or not is not the point. To say that someone deserved to die right after their death is insensitive and it doesn't help the movement make it any easier to spread the anti-war message. Ron didn't inspire millions of people to oppose wars by talking like that.
    I imagine what Ron would have said is "this is a sad, predictable, consequence of militarism and insufficient medical care given to returning vets"

This tweet was more than foolish. In fact, it was downright stupid. Many people who had started listening; I mean REALLY listening, now will slam shut their ears. I am also concerned that the blowback will impact Rand too.

I hope it was worth it. Damn.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree. You can speak the truth arrogantly or you can do it with humility like Ron has done for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    No, he wasn't. Whoever runs his twitter account was attacking Kyle.

I imagine what Ron would have said is "this is a sad, predictable, consequence of militarism and insufficient medical care given to returning vets"
    Yeah, that would have been much, much better. Too late now.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

right, and this tweet attacks an individual -- who was just murdered.

I really don't think it was him.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    This tweet was more than foolish. In fact, it was downright stupid. Many people who had started listening; I mean REALLY listening, now will slam shut their ears. I am also concerned that the blowback will impact Rand too.

I hope it was worth it. Damn.

Agreed. This was abhorrent. Ron should be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yep, and there are people here defending it.

How do you just not go crazy and ban these people?

If this is some distant cousin of something Ron actually said, translated by someone who likes red meat, that might possibly be how it started, but it is not how it was tweeted.

For having a different opinion?

As long as they aren't tweeting under Ron's name.....

we don't have to AGREE with it.

--

I literally believe that faulty logic is best addressed by good argument, in any event.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 01:45 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I completely agree with Ron Pauls comment. Well said doctor

Not sure why you guys are offended? The man killed 160 people. He deserved it
    Is that how veterans are treated here? Seriously You guys are going off the deep end with this crap. Same trash that would spit on soldiers coming back from Vietnam. I'm ashamed to call you my countrymen.

I really don't think it was him.
    I disagree. Just as when Ron wasn't "blaming America," or whatever that means, when discussing 9/11 on the debate stage, he wasn't attacking Chris Kyle (although he'd be perfectly justified in doing so) - he was denouncing living by the sword.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

I completely agree with Ron Pauls comment. Well said doctor
    It was not Ron Paul. Stop it.

Ron is a veteran.

Some apparently like their libertarian filet mignon well done and are willing a high price for it. I'll take mine medium with the proper seasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Is that how veterans are treated here? Seriously You guys are going off the deep end with this crap. Same trash that would spit on soldiers coming back from Vietnam. I'm ashamed to call you my countrymen.

How many of those veterans reveled in their killing, called their sniped targets savages, wished they could have killed more of them, and profited from these views expressed in a book and in national TV interviews?

Some people would ask the same about you. Peoples' thoughts aren't going to be 100% the same. So be it that some people are defending this tweet. I am not defending the man or the tweet. He was a murderer. Not a hero. He killed for a living. (simply, though he very well was duped into believing it was the honorable thing to do) The tweet was stupid. There was no need to put that out there like that. Ron Paul wouldn't have stated it as was stated.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagree. Just as when Ron wasn't "blaming America," or whatever that means, when discussing 9/11 on the debate stage, he wasn't attacking Chris Kyle (although he'd be perfectly justified in doing so) - he was denouncing living by the sword.
    the 'blame America' was absolutely twisting his words, as the townhall blog above in this thread did.

How many of those veterans reveled in their killing, called their sniped targets savages, wished they could have killed more of them, and profited from these views expressed in a book and in national TV interviews?
    Ron would NEVER assume ONE PARTICULAR one he didn't know had.

Well, at this point it has gotten to the 2d amendment defenders who of all people should adore Ron, and they are just becoming a chorus.

Ron needs someone running his media who is actually THOUGHTFUL about whether they are being true to his voice.
    Exactly. If Ron can provide pithy comments for material, that would be great. If not, there are an abundance of books and video transcripts to pull original quotes from, and it could always be infused with any of the hundreds of sources that Ron Paul mentions.

Just making stuff up and attributing it to Ron Paul never works out well.

the 'blame America' was absolutely twisting his words, as the townhall blog above in this thread did.
    Just like Ron attacking Chris Kyle is twisting his words.

Who is on Ron Paul's payroll right now? Anyone? Because they should be fired, all of them, for not already getting out ahead of this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If this is a marketing ploy it is the worst I have seen. I could see what might be intended.

1) Get's Ron in media to discuss foreign intervention and PTSD.
    2) Put's to rest the 'newsletter' issue by showing that he doesn't keep tabs on things published under his name.

If this is the intention then he needs new marketing advisors.
    Ron has always been very clever at getting headlines and media attention. It's no accident he came to prominence. Look at his debate performances, he was even more forthright then than here. I wouldn't so far as to say this wouldn't be the kind of thing he would say, free from the halls of congress .

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast