Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand's Facebook Under Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Most of those nasty comments are probably plants and trolls anyway just to make us look bad.
    If that is so, the same trolls are all over this forum too.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is just playing sneaky I think, I dont think he deep down has that much love for the neo-cons, I think he is just trying out a different strategy than his father used during his political career, he is not going against the grain as much as his father since he probably views it as a little bit ineffective so he pays lip service to the establishment sometimes in order to not become a total outcast like Ron was for much of his political career.

Whether he will be as awesome as his father remains to be seen, they are tough shoes to fill that is for sure, I am still a long way from disliking Rand, he still seems like an awesome guy to have in congress, I loved the way he flamed those bureaucrats during the hearing about toilet sizes, you could just see the fear in the eyes of that female bureaucrat when he started talking.
    Last edited by Tal; 06-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tal View Post
    Rand is just playing sneaky I think, I dont think he deep down has that much love for the neo-cons, I think he is just trying out a different strategy than his father used during his political career, he is not going against the grain as much as his father since he probably views it as a little bit ineffective so he pays lip service to the establishment sometimes in order to not become a total outcast like Ron was for much of his political career.

Whether he will be as awesome as his father remains to be seen, they are tough shoes to fill that is for sure, I am still a long way from disliking Rand, he still seems like an awesome guy to have in congress, I loved the way he flamed those bureaucrats during the hearing about toilet sizes, you could just see the fear in the eyes of that female bureaucrat when he started talking.
    100% agree. You need the moderately play the game to have a chance to win.
    Rand Paul 2016!!!!!

LOL. I loved this facebook comment: To all of the Short Sighted FOOLS wanting to Hang Rand Paul for endorsing Romney ... Get a Brain ... The Path to reach a Mountain Top sometimes passes through a Swamp!

[QUOTE=AuH20;4479315]Well, I sympathize with your situation, but I am not entirely surprised. I think I stopped sending them money after South Carolina. There was no viable path to the nomination after that, though Ron did advance the ball forward just like he did in 2007.
    QUOTE]

And there it is for me, in football terms. Ron Paul winning the Presidency was at the beginning and is now the hail mary of all hail mary plays. Ron Paul does not play for the hail mary, he plays a game of field position. And in that game he's gained more than has been gained by anyone in recent (or even mid-term) memory.

Maybe Rand fumbled the ball, maybe it's a Statue of Liberty play, but I suspect when all is said and done it'll gain us 5 yards of field position.
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Continuing my overused football analogy, Ron Paul may not even be ON the field playing, he's the General Manager (or maybe scout)

Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by anewvoice View Post
    Continuing my overused football analogy, Ron Paul may not even be ON the field playing, he's the General Manager (or maybe scout)
    lol. I keep using and thinking in terms of football analogies also and I haven't watched football for a couple decades. I don't want to be THAT player who quit the team only to be kicking my own ass because they won the superbowl the next season.

The comments on this thread remind me of comments that would be a dog forum thread titled "police shoot and kill dogs on their own property". We see people defending the dogs on their own property and we see the people/police defending the killings.

This has become the normal delphi technique type circular argument to cope with insanity .. and now on the RPF. Thanks Rand.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    You think he didn't consult with his father or his father's people before making this announcement?
    Considering how Ron is, it's 99% sure he told Rand to do whatever he decided to do. Ron didn't "give his blessing".

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Rand always said he would support the nominee. He's been saying it for the past 14 months in interviews to those paying attention.
    But Romney is not the nominee. The convention didn't even start yet.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    duckies... rather than opine the look+feel of the GOP platform maybe what we
    need to be told is how perhaps its time for those of us who are inside the gop
    to rally to the same and unify the party, as those of us who want dr.ron paul
    to go third party can be told that maybe dr.ron paul won't go third party after
    tampa and there is more than ample time to mull over a write!in or ballot choise
    and that he truly knows we all have our reasons for feeling the way we do now.

its either gary johnson or mitt romney in november unless you are more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    But Romney is not the nominee. The convention didn't even start yet.
    Did you miss the email where Ron Paul SAID HE DIDN'T HAVE THE NUMBERS TO GET THE NOMINATION? It's over. We still want to bring delegates to the table to try and change the course of the GOP. We aren't going to Tampa because we secretly think we'll magically win the nomination. Did you listen to what Jack Hunter said? Hell when Rand was on Hannity he said it's statistically impossible for Ron Paul to win the nomination.

It's so embarrassing, to see our people acting so immature and short sighted. I'm way more disappointed in people's behaviors and reactions to the endorsement then the actual endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenB4Liberty View Post
    Did you miss the email where Ron Paul SAID HE DIDN'T HAVE THE NUMBERS TO GET THE NOMINATION?
    It doesn't change the fact that Romney is not the nominee. It's very likely that he will, but he isn't.

It doesn't change the fact that Romney is not the nominee. It's very likely that he will, but he isn't.
    So who is going to be the nominee? Ron Paul has pretty much withdrawn, only wanting delegates so he can have some power at the convention. Winning the convention is not even on the good Doctor's itinerary. He just needs those delegates so that when the party votes on platform issues, they will side with him.

Mitt Romney WILL BE and basically IS the nominee. Unless any purist can show me a magical way that Rep. Paul can get the 1,000 something delegates he needs...it is OVER! Ron Paul admits it, Rand Paul admits it, Mike Lee admits it, and almost 95% of the country admits it. Even you admit it in a sense. So when all is said and done, if you don't like Mitt Romney and want to vote for somebody or something (who is not going to win...sorry), that is your choice. Rand Paul doesn't want President Obama for another 4 years, and he believes Mitt Romney will be better. I personally agree. Rand Paul made the endorsement as a citizen of the United States...those who watched the interview saw that he didn't say something like, "As the senator of Kentucky, I am endorsing Mitt Romney." I would hate him if he had done that...but he didn't. He simply stated publicly, just like any supporter who likes his/her candidate would, that he supports Mitt Romney. And the crowds flee to Facebook to kill him. That is just sad!

I bet that none of those disrespectful posters on Senator Paul's wall completely read Rep. Ron Paul's e-mail...showing they aren't true supporters of him...READ THIS PARAGRAPH!:

Stand up for what we believe in. Be respectful. And let the establishment know that we are the future of the Party and of the country.
    I always knew Rep. Paul was an intelligent, civilized man. Unfortunately, some of his supporters (or those who at least claim to be) only want to listen to him when they agree with him. Being civilized is not on some of their vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    Mitt Romney WILL BE and basically IS the nominee.
    You could've said that after the first four primaries. Should Rand had endorsed Mitt Romney then? I don't think so. I think he should've endorsed after Ron Paul OFFICIALLY ended his campaign. He lost more than half the liberty movement for endorsing Romney while his father was still running. But he did it on purpose because he believes getting the votes of the Levin/Hannity types will be enough for him without any help from the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenB4Liberty View Post
    Did you miss the email where Ron Paul SAID HE DIDN'T HAVE THE NUMBERS TO GET THE NOMINATION? It's over. We still want to bring delegates to the table to try and change the course of the GOP. We aren't going to Tampa because we secretly think we'll magically win the nomination. Did you listen to what Jack Hunter said? Hell when Rand was on Hannity he said it's statistically impossible for Ron Paul to win the nomination.

It's so embarrassing, to see our people acting so immature and short sighted. I'm way more disappointed in people's behaviors and reactions to the endorsement then the actual endorsement.
    Hear, Hear! The knee-jerk temper tantrums are facepalm worthy.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You could've said that after the first four primaries. Should Rand had endorsed Mitt Romney then? I don't think so. I think he should've endorsed after Ron Paul OFFICIALLY ended his campaign. He lost more than half the liberty movement for endorsing Romney while his father was still running. But he did it on purpose because he believes getting the votes of the Levin/Hannity types will be enough for him without any help from the liberty movement.
    Really? I actually thought that Ron Paul (or another candidate) had a chance to defeat Mitt Romney after the first four primaries. Regardless, I disagree that Senator Paul doesn't want any help from the liberty movement. He CARES about the liberty movement and believes that four more years of Obama would be disastrous. If he didn't care about the liberty movement, would he be working to oppose indefinite detention? If he didn't like the liberty movement, would he be working to end foreign aid? If he didn't want any help from the liberty movement, why would he be taking difficult actions like auditing the federal reserve or opposing the Patriot Act? Senator Paul has done a lot for the liberty movement, and while I believe people have the right to be mad...they do not have the right to be disrespectful. Everyone needs to just calm down and recognize that EPA-fighting, enemy of the Patriot Act, auditor of the federal reserve, leader to end the foreign aid Senator Paul is still the same man with the same voting record. His endorsement means nothing more than a nice press release from the Romney Campaign. That is all...PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    So who is going to be the nominee? Ron Paul has pretty much withdrawn, only wanting delegates so he can have some power at the convention. Winning the convention is not even on the good Doctor's itinerary. He just needs those delegates so that when the party votes on platform issues, they will side with him.

Mitt Romney WILL BE and basically IS the nominee. Unless any purist can show me a magical way that Rep. Paul can get the 1,000 something delegates he needs...it is OVER! Ron Paul admits it, Rand Paul admits it, Mike Lee admits it, and almost 95% of the country admits it. Even you admit it in a sense. So when all is said and done, if you don't like Mitt Romney and want to vote for somebody or something (who is not going to win...sorry), that is your choice. Rand Paul doesn't want President Obama for another 4 years, and he believes Mitt Romney will be better. I personally agree. Rand Paul made the endorsement as a citizen of the United States...those who watched the interview saw that he didn't say something like, "As the senator of Kentucky, I am endorsing Mitt Romney." I would hate him if he had done that...but he didn't. He simply stated publicly, just like any supporter who likes his/her candidate would, that he supports Mitt Romney. And the crowds flee to Facebook to kill him. That is just sad!
    Amen!

He lost more than half the liberty movement for endorsing Romney while his father was still running. But he did it on purpose because he believes getting the votes of the Levin/Hannity types will be enough for him without any help from the liberty movement.
    This was always going to be the case to a certain extent, that Rand would have to build his own base of support. There are those in the movement that don't want anything to do with the Republican party after Ron retires, and there are those who do. I think Rand will keep a lot of his support base that want to be Republican, and those will understand. Rand will be alright. People can be very harsh online, but isn't necessarily representative of all his supporters.

It's interesting to see that the regulars in the Rand Paul sub-forum were not too surprised by this and that the members in other subforums were caught off-guard

We've known for awhile that Rand planned to back the nominee as he said it over and over again in interviews. I have no doubt that Rand talked the situation over with Ron prior to the announcement. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they addressed this early on in the campaign.

People will cool down and most will back him in 2016
    Last edited by DeadheadForPaul; 06-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post
    It's interesting to see that the regulars in the Rand Paul sub-forum were not too surprised by this and that the members in other subforums were caught off-guard

We've known for awhile that Rand planned to back the nominee as he said it over and over again in interviews. I have no doubt that Rand talked the situation over with Ron prior to the announcement. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they addressed this early on in the campaign.

People will cool down and most will back him in 2016
    Most people here knew and expected him to endorse Romney. What I didn't expect was for him to give Romney approval on the Fed, foreign policy, and the internet/privacy. That's $#@!ing bat$#@! lunacy to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Most people here knew and expected him to endorse Romney. What I didn't expect was for him to give Romney approval on the Fed, foreign policy, and the internet/privacy. That's $#@!ing bat$#@! lunacy to do that.
    Here is another interesting article on the subject: http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/02/02/can-ron-paul-be-tamed/

It sounds like the devil has been invited to the table to see who can outwit the other. Even though I do not see this as a wise straightedge, I won't say it can't work. Gandhi did not compromise his principles, but he was careful not to alienate the opposition either, and he met with them regularly.

But a word of caution: I personally witnessed the establishment take over of the Tea Party. They have now been indoctrinated with many false ideas, and one of them is that they need to focus on local elections, because the federal level is to powerful...can't beat them.

But I contend that the most difficult and important thing we can do is to eliminate the power of the Federal Reserve, and that is at the Federal level...we no longer have the luxury of time to ignore the Fed Res. As long as they stay in power they undo everything we do...it is like fighting Goliath with a slingshot.

knowing that Romney's biggest contributors are banks like Goldman Sacks, J.P. Morgan, Bank Of America, Morgan Stanley, ext., I cannot imagine him standing up to the Central Bank (Federal Reserve) even though he promises to do so.

P.S. That was a very interesting article you posted Jason 525...thanks
    Last edited by romacox; 06-10-2012 at 08:45 AM.

oh gn0z, maybe we should all e-mail every Congressman to get the cyber-bullying act passed so it'll be illegal to hurt anyone's wittle feewings.
    In the 2008 primary, Ron Paul received over 1.2 million votes. If each of those people convert only 5 others to vote for Ron, we can win the nomination.

The DHS now all of the sudden has access and can spy on everything you're during on Facebook & Twitter? No way!

Signed,
    Americans who didn't know about the Nazi concentrations camps till 1945.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    Glad I could help in adding to those comments. I am very hurt from this and can't believe anyone is giving this guy a second chance.
    Endorsements are a political game. I suggest looking at his record. If he doesn't play the game he doesn't get anywhere. I'd prefer an effective Rand Paul in the senate or maybe even the White House in 2016 as opposed to another "Dr. No" who serves his district and starts a nice funding base, but ultimately doesn't get any of his actual policies enacted.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Just found out about this endorsement on Ben Swann's facebook page, I guess I'm a little late.

So do we have an anti-war candidate for 2016? It get's kind of frustrating when now the last guy who might have even been slightly sensible when it comes to foreign policy just endorsed one of the two pro-war candidates.
    You realize that endorsing someone as a politician doesn't mean you agree with everything they say or believe in. In fact, it might not even mean Rand Paul agrees with anything Mitt Romney believes in.

Do you see how a public endorsement and a private belief might be two different things?

Rand is a sellout. Romney is the embodiment of what we stand against. He did it because he needed to for the sake of his political career, never the less it is something that Ron would never do. Ron never sold out to the Washington game but his son did and its a shame. He's not the torchbearer for the liberty movement and to be honest he never was.
    Last edited by ChiefJustice; 06-11-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I am embarrassed reading these comments. Wow. Don't want to be in the same foxhole with some of these people.

http://www.facebook.com/RandPaul2010
    So if you were in my foxhole you'd sell me out to the enemy and then when I protested you would try to silence me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast