Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford/Kavanaugh Testimony

Bravo Lindsey.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow Lindsey Graham is on fire right now.. never thought I would say that
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    God I hate Lindsey Graham and God I hate to like him just a little bit.
    I know. I almost threw up in my mouth for a second there.

FFFFFuture Justice!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I know. I almost threw up in my mouth for a second there.
    Same!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

He's getting killed by the Dems telling him to tell the committee that he should demand an FBI investigation.

He simply needs to tell them "My family has been through 10 days of speculation. This could have been investigated over 20 days ago all in confidentiality. And it has been devastating. If YOU want to drag this out it is YOUR choice, not mine."

He's also killing himself over the "have you ever blacked out" question. He should say "Did you ask Dr. Ford this question? What was her answer?"

His response to the FBI question was weak. That'll come back to haunt him.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    All I heard was, "I like beer."

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    All I heard was, "I like beer."
    There is no spoon.

Sasse just went off. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Bravo Lindsey.
    Right, can anybody imagine Rand blowing up like this? Sometimes it takes passion and Lindsey seemed passionate and genuine here. Good for him.

Last edited by eleganz; 09-27-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I can keep thinking is that if there we're any non-CIA journalists around they would investigate every sitting Democrat Sen. on this committee with an emphasis on high school and college. Did they ever black out? Did they ever puke from drinking? etc.

My dads watching it right now but I'm not really paying attention to it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    His answer should have been "My family and friends have gone through 10 days of hell. Speculation and accusations. Why the hell would I want to put them through another two weeks to a month of this when this entire situation could have been taken care of in confidentiality if Sen. Feinstien would have been forth coming?"

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    All I can keep thinking is that if there we're any non-CIA journalists around they would investigate every sitting Democrat Sen. on this committee with an emphasis on high school and college. Did they ever black out? Did they ever puke from drinking? etc.
    Or for that matter most any of those Sen. on that committee as to if they have ever been to a “pizza party”?

Here are his impassioned opening remarks:

Last edited by dannno; 09-27-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

His answer should have been "My family and friends have gone through 10 days of hell. Speculation and accusations. Why the hell would I want to put them through another two weeks to a month of this when this entire situation could have been taken care of in confidentiality if Sen. Feinstien would have been forth coming?"
    Yes, that would have been much better. The talking point in the coming days is going to be that Ford wants an FBI investigation and that Kavanaugh does not.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I watched none of this other than the reactions on Twitter where the consensus the morning seemed to be Kavanaugh was done. Well..

Kavanaugh was a slight underdog yesterday. Shifted to between a 2-1 to 5-1 favorite today depending on the bookmakers.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I watched none of this other than the reactions on Twitter where the consensus the morning seemed to be Kavanaugh was done. Well..

Kavanaugh was a slight underdog yesterday. Shifted to between a 2-1 to 5-1 favorite today depending on the bookmakers.
    You were watching the wrong people on twitter..

Ford didn't do very well, Kavanaugh gave an excellent, impassioned and very believable testimony.

Kavanaugh had a calendar/journal so he was able to document all the parties he went to and even wrote down who was at each party... all his activities, trips, etc.. everything documented. 65 people who he was close with in high school made statements, and none of them can corroborate any of this sort of behavior.

Anybody who is really paying attention knows exactly what is going on here.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-27-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You were watching the wrong people on twitter..
    My point was how much the left wing press is an echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    My point was how much the left wing press is an echo chamber.
    Ya that's what I thought but wasn't sure, those are definitely the wrong people to listen to on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya that's what I thought but wasn't sure, those are definitely the wrong people to listen to on twitter.
    I have been trying to get Alex Jones's and James Woods input on twitter but can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I have been trying to get Alex Jones's and James Woods input on twitter but can't find it.

That's another thing that is ridiculous I noticed today. I follow zero people on the left. But when I typed in Kavanaugh's name into search almost 100% of the top Tweets recommended for me were from liberal pundits and random liberal hacks. There is no way that isn't intentional from Twitter.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/boofed-...earbook-jokes/

This has made me lose some trust in Kavanaugh. He said "boof" was flatulence, but it's actually an explicit sexual act with alcohol and same with when he answered the definition for "devil's triangle" as he said it was a drinking game, but it's a sex act.

Can anyone defend Kavanaugh here? Am I wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post

This has made me lose some trust in Kavanaugh. He said "boof" was flatulence, but it's actually an explicit sexual act with alcohol and same with when he answered the definition for "devil's triangle" as he said it was a drinking game, but it's a sex act.

“I think some editors and students wanted the yearbook to be some combination of Animal House, Caddyshack, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, which were all recent movies at that time,” he said. “Many of us went along in the yearbook to the point of absurdity. This past week, my friends and I have cringed when we read about it and talked to each other.”
    Kavanaugh's teenage years were probably a bit more edgy than what he portrayed in his testimony, but it's difficult to say that the 65+ people who we know knew him well and who he spent time with were all lying when they said that he did not engage in the type of behavior that is being attributed to him by the accusers.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post

how old are you? might be an age thing.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    According to Vox, boof currently means ingesting alcohol or drugs through the anal cavity.. but back in the early 80s, it was short for bufu or "butt $#@!".

I remember kids joking about butt $#@!ing in elementary school, that doesn't mean they were butt $#@!ing. They were trying to fill the yearbook with that kind of humor, so there is really no way of knowing if it was just something they joked about or what.

I can't read Kavanaugh's mind, who knows what he meant at the time, what he remembers now, etc.. but I don't see it as a big issue either way considering everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    In my 30s.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast