Thread: How come tweets aren't showing up in forum posts anymore?

How come tweets aren't showing up in forum posts anymore?

How come posting tweets doesn't work anymore? Even though they're posted correctly, I can't see them on the forum page any more - always have to click on the link and actually go to twitter to see them. Is this the case for everyone else? What changed? Is it something twitter is doing intentionally?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    How come posting tweets doesn't work anymore? Even though they're posted correctly, I can't see them on the forum page any more - always have to click on the link and actually go to twitter to see them. Is this the case for everyone else? What changed? Is it something twitter is doing intentionally?
    It has always been the case that I can only see embedded tweets on Apple devices. Anything else doesn't show them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Are you using Ghostery or some other plug-in similar to it? If so, that may be the cause (assuming you are using a browser on a PC or laptop).

When posted tweets don't show up, refreshing the page in my web browser usually works for me.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

For the record:

I’m using an apple laptop with safari browser. I usually use an “Ad and Stuff Blocker" extension - an ad blocker for safari, but I have this problem even when I turn this extension off.

It used to be that the only tweets that wouldn’t show up for me, were the ones I posted myself - especially when 1.) previewing my comment before posting, or 2.) just after I posted my comment.

In that case, refreshing the page made them show up.

But as of about 2 weeks ago (?), nobody’s tweets show up in this forum anymore - none of them - and refreshing doesn’t make any difference.

With all the censorship going on, I can’t help but wonder if twitter - or apple? - has decided to do something that prevents undesirable tweets from being successfully embedded? i.e. Maybe it’s something they’ve done to twitter accounts of people they don’t like? -OR- Maybe some twitter person decided that RPFs is enemy territory and shouldn'tbe able to embed tweets anymore? (There was thread here recently - something about RPFs being excluded from something? - or you can can no longer link to RPFs from some other place?)

So, are other forum members still able to see tweets here?
    Is it just me? Or just people using the safari browser?
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-04-2020 at 11:54 AM.

For the record:

I’m using an apple laptop with safari browser. I usually use an “Ad and Stuff Blocker" extension - an ad blocker for safari, but I have this problem even when I turn this extension off.

It used to be that the only tweets that wouldn’t show up for me, were the ones I posted myself - especially when 1.) previewing my comment before posting, or 2.) just after I posted my comment.

But as of about 2 weeks ago (?), nobody’s tweets show up in this forum anymore - none of them - and refreshing doesn’t make any difference.

With all the censorship going on, I can’t help but wonder if twitter - or apple? - has decided to do something that prevents undesirable tweets from being successfully embedded? i.e. Maybe it’s something they’ve done to twitter accounts of people they don’t like? -OR- Maybe some twitter person decided that RPFs is enemy territory and shouldn'tbe able to embed tweets anymore? (There was thread here recently - something about RPFs being excluded from something? - or you can can no longer link to RPFs from some other place?)

It's your blockers.

I use Epic Privacy browser, and it blocks all embedded tweets.

Most all do that.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

For the record:

I use waterfox and if I turn off tracking protection I can see tweets here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If you use any kind of privacy blocker, it should block it because those embeds pose a risk of cross-site tracking and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The thing is, I've been using "Ad Blocker and Stuff Extension" for along time without this problem - and even if I turn it off (you can turn off a mac extension) the problem still happens. Maybe it's just a mac thing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thing is, I've been using "Ad Blocker and Stuff Extension" for along time without this problem - and even if I turn it off (you can turn off a mac extension) the problem still happens. Maybe it's just a mac thing.
    Maybe you got an update that changed it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment