Thread: Tucker makes fun of controversial Ret. Col. Ralph Peters's knowledge of world affairs

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The war hungry Ralph Peters doesn't believe that the his own citizens possess the right to own rifles. Truly one of a kind.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/automa...s-of-everyone/

But I believe, on moral, practical and constitutional grounds, that no private citizen should own an automatic weapon or a semi-automatic weapon that can easily be modified for automatic effects.

These are military weapons. Their purpose is to kill human beings. They’re not used for hunting (unless you want to destroy the animal’s meat). They’re lousy for target shooting. But they’re excellent tools for mass murder.
    The old saw runs that “Guns don’t kill people, people do.” But people with rapid-fire weapons kill a lot more folks a whole lot faster.

These are cop-killer weapons, too.

The standard argument deployed in reply to demands that military-grade weapons be banned or mildly restricted from public sale cites the Second Amendment to our Constitution. Well, here’s what the Second Amendment actually says:

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

That “well regulated militia” part always gets left out. It’s called the “National Guard” and “the Reserves.” Did any of the recent shooters belong to a “well regulated militia”? As a matter of fact, I have not been able to identify a senior NRA executive who’s served in our military or in law enforcement — that’s patriotism for ya.

As an Army officer, I pledged my life to the Constitution of the United States. I live by that pledge even now. But when the Second Amendment was drafted, the Redcoats really were coming. Our standing army numbered in the hundreds.

Does any serious-minded, morally centered reader believe that George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson or any of our other geniuses of freedom intended that a disturbed young man or a disgruntled employee or just a vicious drunk should be guaranteed the right to a personal arsenal of weapons designed for mass murder?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The war hungry Ralph Peters doesn't believe that the his own citizens possess the right to own rifles. Truly one of a kind.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/automa...s-of-everyone/
    Likewise the 'new' policy on sankshuns threatens to punish any sovereign 'allies'
    who may attempt to defend themselves by buying S-400s to control their own airspace.
    Heather Nauert intimated the threat on Thursday against Iraq.

Heather Nauert: Iraq ‘needs to make a choice’
    (I know what Libya would have chosen )

@ 28:00

Last edited by goldenequity; 02-25-2018 at 09:12 PM.

//
    Last edited by AZJoe; 02-25-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He just quit.

I think Putin is too soft and acomodating. If he had finished the job in Syria, the US wouldn't still be there protecting and rebranding the terrorists. Col. Ralph Peters is a POS, a traitor and takes his orders from Bibi.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    He just quit.

If Tucker hadn't spent so many years up the ass of Bill Kristol, he would be truly formidable (as far as newsbabies and opinioneers go).

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    I think Putin is too soft and acomodating. If he had finished the job in Syria, the US wouldn't still be there protecting and rebranding the terrorists. Col. Ralph Peters is a POS, a traitor and takes his orders from Bibi.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    If Tucker hadn't spent so many years up the ass of Bill Kristol, he would be truly formidable (as far as newsbabies and opinioneers go).
    To what are you referring with this Bill Kristol nonsense?

Tucker Carlson was a speaker at the Campaign for Liberty's / Ron Paul Revolution Rally for the Republic. He's definitely one of the better ones.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

So what do we do about it? At the risk of pulling a Pat Buchanan, who often ends his columns with a question, should the liberty movement do what even Ron Paul has never done and take an expressly anti-Israel position? A pro-freedom, anti-israel party...

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    To what are you referring with this Bill Kristol nonsense?

Tucker Carlson was a speaker at the Campaign for Liberty's / Ron Paul Revolution Rally for the Republic. He's definitely one of the better ones.
    That nonsense called the Weekly Standard.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/tucker-carlson

I'm sure he isn't shy about having worked at that Trotskyist's rag. He genuinely believes Kristol has changed. That's what happens when you wear red blinders.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 03-20-2018 at 08:46 PM.

That nonsense called the Weekly Standard.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/tucker-carlson

I'm sure he isn't shy about having worked at that Trotskyist's rag. He genuinely believes Kristol has changed. That's what happens when you wear red blinders.
    Oh, urls, sure, here ya go.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/16/li...ls-cheap-shot/

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-now-to-racism

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...arily-twitter/

And while I'm thinking about it, Rag, since when is publishing articles in a magazine a sign of being up someone's butt?

It's not. Examples abound.

You're going to tell me in all sincerity, Tucker doesn't believe Bill Kristol was once a good guy who has only of late become unhinged? He says as much in the recent apology rant from his show. The rest of us with any sense of our own know what Kristol has always been. Hence why I said if he hadn't spent so many years up Kristol's ass...

And while I'm thinking about it, Rag, since when is publishing articles in a magazine a sign of being up someone's butt?

It's not. Examples abound.
    He wasn't just a random hire.

Can I also point out Bill Kristol is not the type to leg up paleocons, constitutionalists, or libertarians at his personal echochamber? The WS was Kristol's ass hole.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 03-20-2018 at 09:14 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You're going to tell me in all sincerity, Tucker doesn't believe Bill Kristol was once a good guy who has only of late become unhinged? He says as much in the recent apology rant from his show. The rest of us with any sense of our own know what Kristol has always been. Hence why I said if he hadn't spent so many years up Kristol's ass...
    Fair enough.

I can give Tucker the benefit of the doubt. I think Tucker's got enough sense about him to be able to separate personal and professional relationship from philosophical and journalistic differences, and is able to maintain his ideological integrity even while having Kristol as a "good boss". So, no, I don't think he spent any time up Kristol's ass.

But I get where you're coming from.

And I'm glad Tucker called this Peters guy out. Good riddance.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 03-20-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Last I knew Tucker worked at CNN. I forgot about him until he took over O'Really's job. If he didn't tell us on his show he had worked at WS, I would have only known him as the token "conservative" from CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    So what do we do about it? At the risk of pulling a Pat Buchanan, who often ends his columns with a question, should the liberty movement do what even Ron Paul has never done and take an expressly anti-Israel position? A pro-freedom, anti-israel party...
    We should take a retract the empire non-intervention anywhere position, it is accurate and avoids the charges of antisemitism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment