Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump hails dropping illegal immigration levels

Trump hails dropping illegal immigration levels

President Trump congratulated law enforcement officials for causing illegal immigration to hit an unprecedented low. "45 year low on illegal border crossings this year. Ice and Border Patrol Agents are doing a great job for our Country. MS-13 thugs being hit hard," tweeted Trump.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...sh.aspx/412045
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It has been falling since the recession. Went negative under Obama.

If I donate, can I get a link for that chart?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Don't go to such extremes! Just click 'Reply With Quote', cut and paste.

Actually replying with quote is strictly optional. There's always the 'back button'.

Is Illegal Immigration Responsible for the Decline in Labor Force Participation? - https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...participation/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Looks up...

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Looks up...
    Thank you for your valuable contribution to the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Thank you for your valuable contribution to the discussion?
    Cool. You actually found the article with the chart at MOTHERJONES I see. You need REP. Zippy had no link.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How can illegal border crossings go negative
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Folks.... Send donations to Gunnyfreedom's N.C House seat bid. Get him to D.C y'all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

If we just legalized immigration, illegal immigration levels would drop to zero instantly.

To give credit where due, he did make this statement that should further improve the numbers:

Trump is now tweeting that DREAMers are wonderful and should be allowed to stay in the US
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ca-deal-tweets

He's also consistent ; with more law abiding people on our streets, society will be more harmonious and there will be lesser need for guns. ( Trump about to push hard for gun control )

But nay sayers will probably poo poo this as usual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzUOLOC5eQ

Zippy runs backward.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    If we just legalized immigration, illegal immigration levels would drop to zero instantly.
    Ya if you wanna live in a $#@!hole..

Need to end big government first.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Traffic flows both directions. Some come and stay. Some come for a bit and leave. Those leaving have been outnumbering those entering since about 2007.

Before the border was more tightly secured, immigrants used to regularly go back and forth- coming for say harvest season and then going back home. Coming for construction jobs in the summer and returning home. But tightening security made that back and forth more difficult so more of those who came stayed rather than going back home to return later again. Then they wanted to bring their families to join them so they could be together again. So the irony of tightening the border is that it meant that more of those who entered the country illegally ended up staying instead of leaving again- higher numbers of them in the country at any given time.

Traffic flows both directions. Some come and stay. Some come for a bit and leave. Those leaving have been outnumbering those entering since about 2007.

Before the border was more tightly secured, immigrants used to regularly go back and forth- coming for say harvest season and then going back home. Coming for construction jobs in the summer and returning home. But tightening security made that back and forth more difficult so more of those who came stayed rather than going back home to return later again. Then they wanted to bring their families to join them so they could be together again. So the irony of tightening the border is that it meant that more of those who entered the country illegally ended up staying instead of leaving again- higher numbers of them in the country at any given time.
    Wouldn't border crossings in either direction be considered illegal in this case and in the other direction may even add up to the total count?

In either case, how do illegal border crossings go negative again?

Wouldn't border crossings in either direction be considered illegal in this case and in the other direction may even add up to the total count?

In either case, how do illegal border crossings go negative again?
    OK. Let me try it simply. Juan and Oscar go to the US to look for work. There are now two illegal immigrants in the US. Felix comes later. Now there are three illegal immigrants in the country. Net immigration is plus three. Oscar can't find work and misses his kids. He goes home. Now there are two illegal immigrants in the US. Juan finds work and is able to save up enough money to buy a house in Mexico for him and his family. He goes home. Now we have only one illegal immigrant in the US. A net negative illegal immigration of two from our peak of three.

Net negative is more returning home than entering the US.

OK. Let me try it simply. Juan and Oscar go to the US to look for work. There are now two illegal immigrants in the US. Felix comes later. Now there are three illegal immigrants in the country. Net immigration is plus three. Oscar can't find work and misses his kids. He goes home. Now there are two illegal immigrants in the US. Juan finds work and is able to save up enough money to buy a house in Mexico for him and his family. He goes home. Now we have only one illegal immigrant in the US. A net negative illegal immigration of two from our peak of three.

Net negative is more returning home than entering the US.
    How many illegal border crossings is that?

Three. It was not illegal for them to go back to Mexico.

And you have an IQ of 130 something right? weird

Three. It was not illegal for them to go back to Mexico.
    Can it ever be negative?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And you have an IQ of 130 something right? weird
    Zippy was claiming it was negative (it's called Socratic dialogue)
    Last edited by dannno; 03-01-2018 at 09:42 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at the graph again and this time pay close attention to the x axis. It is a year over year graph so if the number from 1993 to 1994 shows a lower number of illegal immigrants, it will be negative even if there are still illegal immigrants in the country.

Look at the graph again and this time pay close attention to the x axis. It is a year over year graph so if the number from 1993 to 1994 shows a lower number of illegal immigrants, it will be negative even if there are still illegal immigrants in the country.
    So you're saying illegal border crossings can be negative?

Out of rep
    "The Patriarch"

How do they get the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How do they get the numbers?
    It's Pew. They just hold their noses and make them up.

Net immigration can be negative. More leaving than arriving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast