Thread: NH bicycle helmet laws

Exclamation NH bicycle helmet laws

@Keith and stuff

Any chance of repealing the mandatory under 16 bicycle helmet law?

https://www.nh.gov/dot/org/projectde...ke_helmets.htm
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bumping to ask why you hate the children???

I doubt it Children of any age don't need helmets to ride motorcycles in New Hampshire, though.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I doubt it Children of any age don't need helmets to ride motorcycles in New Hampshire, though.
    I'll be damned, you're right, although you'd have to do some fast road side lawyer talking to avoid a ticket/arrest

STATUTE:

Title XXI. Motor Vehicles. Chapter 265. Rules of the Road, Special Rules for Motorcycles. Section 265.122 Protective Headgear. :

I. No person less than 18 years of age may drive or ride upon a motorcycle unless he wears protective headgear of a type approved by the director. Such headgear shall be equipped with either a neck or chin strap.

II. The director is hereby authorized and empowered to adopt rules pursuant to RSA 260:5 covering the types of protective headgear and the specifications therefor and to establish and maintain a list of approved headgear which meet his established specifications.

III. If federal law is altered so that the mandatory wearing of protective headgear on motorcycles by persons less than 18 years of age is not required as a condition to the receipt by the state of any federal funds, paragraphs I and II shall be void.

IV. Any motorcycle operator who transports a person under the age of 18 years, when such person is in violation of paragraph I, shall be guilty of a violation.

NOTE: With the passage of ISTEA in 1996, States could no longer be blackmailed with the threat of losing Federal highway funding by the Federal Govt. Based on the language in Section III above, New Hampshire has been a 100% FREE state since ISTEA passed in 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I just want to see people die.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    That's a shame...I wonder if it would be worthwhile to make a call to Bradley and see what he says.

Live free or die, right?

Sorry, New Hampshireans, but I don't see anything significantly freer about NH than Virginia, or a handful of other states. I won't be moving any time soon.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Live free or die, right?

Sorry, New Hampshireans, but I don't see anything significantly freer about NH than Virginia, or a handful of other states. I won't be moving any time soon.
    Oh, I could post a pretty exhaustive list, that would show NH is significantly more free than VA, from gun rights to taxes to personal issues.

But it's not my point to be argumentative if somebody has no desire to move here.

Whatever blows your skirt up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Live free or die, right?

You have to be kidding me? Bicycle helmet laws exist in most states and are often for 17 year old kids. In some places that law goes up to 21!

Anyway, you can compared NH vs. VA all you want right here. https://www.freedominthe50states.org/ As you will see, NH is the freest state. VA is ranked #21st. Some big things that stand out are NH having the most pro-liberty weapons laws in the nation, no motorcycle helmet requirement, no seatbelt requirement for adults, no auto insurance requirement, no statewide or local sales or income tax, communities without property taxes, better than average cannabis laws, and the best privacy laws in the nation.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, I could post a pretty exhaustive list, that would show NH is significantly more free than VA, from gun rights to taxes to personal issues.

But it's not my point to be argumentative if somebody has no desire to move here.
    Yep - it's on my short list. I want to be part of the solution.

Live free or die, right?

NH is the land of "Live Free Or... Don't... That's OK, too."
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Look I'm not picking a fight, but when you guys eliminate CPS, reduce the size of your constabulary by half, completely reboot your court system, extend zero property tax beyond the enclaves, or eliminate business licensing, I'll take a second look.

1st, 21st... you hit the point of diminishing returns once you're outside of NY, MA, CA, or NJ.

Not having a helmet law is like a lung cancer patient cutting back to one pack a day. Is it helpful? A step in the right direction? Sure, in the sense that a single step East is in the direction of Moscow. When FSP gets people excited about real freedom, it'll be great, and I'll move. But feeling the wind in your hair doesn't address any systemic problems.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Look I'm not picking a fight, but when you guys eliminate CPS, reduce the size of your constabulary by half, completely reboot your court system, extend zero property tax beyond the enclaves, or eliminate business licensing, I'll take a second look.

1st, 21st... you hit the point of diminishing returns once you're outside of NY, MA, CA, or NJ.

Not having a helmet law is like a lung cancer patient cutting back to one pack a day. Is it helpful? A step in the right direction? Sure, in the sense that a single step East is in the direction of Moscow. When FSP gets people excited about real freedom, it'll be great, and I'll move. But feeling the wind in your hair doesn't address any systemic problems.
    Trust me, we're trying.

We have some of the best jury nullification notification rules.

We have been working very hard to restrain CPS.

We have some of the most potent eminent domain protections in the nation.

Just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    +rep
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-03-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: AF already admitted he wants people to die which just takes the fun out of it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Trust me, we're trying.

We have some of the best jury nullification notification rules.
    By far the best. In fact, NH is the only state where jury nullification is explicitly legal and that's specifically because of free staters. If it wasn't for me, the bill wouldn't have passed the senate. However, it doesn't stop there as NH passing this inspired activists in other states to propose the law, and in multiple other states, the law was proposed because of our efforts. When it comes to passing out informed jury flyers to potential jurors, NH also leads the nation in more flyers handed out in NH than all 49 other states combined.

It response to the Kelo decision there was a Constitutional Amendment in NH. The NH legislator voted 301 to 61 to put the issue before the NH voters. The NH voters voted 86% in agreement with the Constitutional Amendment.