Thread: Debate: LP Should Never Again Nominate Candidates Like Gary Johnson Y/N

Debate: LP Should Never Again Nominate Candidates Like Gary Johnson Y/N

Just watched this really interesting SoHo Forum Debate around whether the LP should never again nominate a candidate for President with views similar to Gary Johnson and Bill Weld.

Comedian Dave Smith argues the affirmative and LP Chair Nick Sarwark argues the negative. Very very entertaining to say the least.

What say you? How do you feel about the LP these days?

Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a revolutionary idea for the LP.

Find a candidate who:

(a) is a libertarian

and, (b) does not get nude on stage, smoke pot on stage, forget where he is on stage, or drink goat blood (on stage or otherwise).

It's not that difficult; both major party candidates are horrible and somewhat senile human beings.

All you need is a candidate (with libertarian bone fides) who is a normal human being.

It's too late for 2020, sorry to say, but the next mid-terms could be a great opportunity.

Trump will have lost, and the Karl Rove old guard who will try to retake control can be beaten.

It would be a lot better if we had a Paul, a Rand, to lead this, but he's going down with the Trump ship, because he's a moron.

I know he meant well, but he made a tremendously costly error, hitched his nice clean wagon to that rotten pig$#@! presidency.

...and now he's done, or will be soon.

So, Massie? Amash?

If libertarians are to have an effect, we need to rally around somebody early.

LP needs a Ron Paul who is more aggressive, plays dirty, and has great marketing people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It's too late for 2020, sorry to say, but the next mid-terms could be a great opportunity.

Trump will have lost, and the Karl Rove old guard who will try to retake control can be beaten.

It would be a lot better if we had a Paul, a Rand, to lead this, but he's going down with the Trump ship, because he's a moron.

I know he meant well, but he made a tremendously costly error, hitched his nice clean wagon to that rotten pig$#@! presidency.

...and now he's done, or will be soon.

So, Massie? Amash?

If libertarians are to have an effect, we need to rally around somebody early.
    No Rand Paul is not a moron. Rand Paul opposes Trump when is wrong.
    The only moron is justin amash who lost his seat because of Trump derangement syndrome!

2020 will be the end of Libertarian Party. Jo Jorgensen is without Question the worst LP candidate in History.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LP needs a Ron Paul who is more aggressive, plays dirty, and has great marketing people.
    Having an alpha male personality would be a huge boost as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Just watched this really interesting SoHo Forum Debate around whether the LP should never again nominate a candidate for President with views similar to Gary Johnson and Bill Weld.

Comedian Dave Smith argues the affirmative and LP Chair Nick Sarwark argues the negative. Very very entertaining to say the least.

What say you? How do you feel about the LP these days?

I’d note that this debate is almost a year old.

Dave Smith has been good so far.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

On Gary Johnson’s vote totals: Sarwark is either very wrong and terrible at analysis, or he is intentionally being deceptive. Dave Smith calls him out with sound reasoning. Johnson’s voters were not because Johnson was great, they were remains of the Ron Paul movement, they were protest votes against Republicrats and their terrible candidates, they were votes to help the Libertarian Party remain viable. They could have run a monkey in place of Gary Johnson with similar results.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-21-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Ever notice how progs always equivocate and stumble? Obama's speech was peppered with hesitations: *I--uh--we are--uh--seeing to it--that--uh...*

The progs I see on other forums often avoid saying something definitive. They use phrases like "It seems to be that..." and "It might be..."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

45:00 - Sarwark believes the Libertarian Party should focus on things the Republicrats “don't do”: anti-war, free trade and open immigration, ratcheting back national debt. Kind of ironic, as the Democrats claim two of those, and the Republicans claim the other two, it’s just that in reality, they do nothing on them. First you have to convince the ignorant masses that they are being lied to about all of them. I’d wager that today he would say it’s also important to claim anti-racism, as Jo Jorgensen has done.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-21-2020 at 12:23 PM.

I would consider voting for Gary Johnson again if he were the candidate, but I don't think he is the best Presidential candidate the libertarian party can come up with. He would be a pretty good Senator, and he made a pretty good Governor.

Bill Weld I wouldn't vote for dog catcher.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think they need more candidates like Johnson if they ever want to be a serious party and not a circle jerk.

Instead of simply taking notes on this video, I expanded into a longer review of the planks of the Ron Paul 2007 campaign. H/t to @trey4sports for posting this debate!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...here-Is-It-Now

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Ok guys.

I'll do it
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate