Thread: New Zealand Prime Minister announces immediate ban on all AW's

New Zealand Prime Minister announces immediate ban on all AW's

A preview from New Zealand of what a second term for Trump would look like.... Hogg Heaven!

New Zealand Prime Minister announces immediate ban on all assault weapons

New Zealand will ban military-style semi-automatic and assault rifles under tough new gun laws following the killing of 50 people in the country's worst mass shooting, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday.

In the immediate aftermath of Friday's shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, Ms Ardern labelled the attack as terrorism and said New Zealand's gun laws would change.

"On 15 March our history changed forever. Now, our laws will too. We are announcing action today on behalf of all New Zealanders to strengthen our gun laws and make our country a safer place," Ms Ardern told a new conference.

“All semi-automatic weapons used during the terrorist attack on Friday 15 March will be banned."
    Ms Ardern said she expects the new laws to be in place by April 11 and a buy-back scheme will be established for banned weapons.

The buyback would cost up to NZ$200 million ($138 million), she said.
    All military style semi-automatics (MSSA) and assault rifles would be banned, along with parts used to convert weapons into MSSAs and all high-capacity magazines.
    Under existing New Zealand gun laws, A-category weapons can be semi-automatic but limited to seven shots. Live-streamed video of a gunman in one of the mosques showed a semi-automatic weapon with a large magazine.

Australia banned semi-automatic weapons and launched a gun buy-back after the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 in which 35 people were gunned down.
    Ms Ardern said that similar to Australia, the new gun laws will allow for strictly enforced exemptions for farmers to conduct pest control and animal welfare.

"I strongly believe that the vast majority of legitimate gun owners in New Zealand will understand that these moves are in the national interest, and will take these changes in their stride."

New Zealand, a country of less than 5 million people, has an estimated 1.2-1.5 million firearms, around 13,500 of them MSSA type weapons.

Most farmers in the Pacific country own guns, which they use for killing pests such as possums and rabbits, and for putting down injured stock.
    Recreational hunting of deer, pigs and goats is popular for sport and food, while gun clubs and shooting ranges dot the country.

That has created a powerful lobby which has thwarted previously attempts to tighten gun laws after other mass shootings in New Zealand and overseas.
    Federated Farmers, which represent thousands of farmers, said it supported the change.
    "This will not be popular among some of our members but...we believe this is the only practicable solution," Federated Farmers Rural Security spokesman Miles Anderson said in a statement.

The changes exclude two general classes of firearms which are commonly used for hunting, pest control, stock management on farms, and duck shooting.
    "I have a military style weapon. But to be fair, I don't really use it, I don't really need it," said Noel Womersley, who slaughters cattle for small farmers around Christchurch.

"So I'm quite happy to hand mine over, to be fair."

Ms Ardern said the next tranche of reforms will cover the firearm registry and licencing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sault-weapons/

Hogg Bros... Take The Guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well it's up to the Kiwis. It's their country. But, I'd tell her to come and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well it's up to the Kiwis. It's their country. But, I'd tell her to come and take it.
    Following reports that a flood of New Zealand gun owners have been voluntarily surrending their firearms in the wake of last Friday's Christchurch mosque attack that left 50 dead, the numbers are in on how many Kiwis actually handed over their weapons.

Out of an estimated 1.2 million registered guns, New Zealand police report that as of Tuesday night, 37 firearms have been surrendered nationwide, according to BuzzFeed.
    No accounting was provided of how many people owned those guns, the types of firearms, or where they were surrendered.
    The reports of citizens disarming themselves come after a Monday announcement by Prime minister Jacinda Ardern that several "in principle decisions" on gun control have been made by Cabinet ministers, and has praised residents who have surrendered their guns to police.
    So far, we know of four people who have; Green Party member John Hart and longtime gun owner "@SirWB" - who each turned in a rifle, a grandmother who goes by the Twitter handle "@FeyHag" who said she requested for her family's guns to be handed in for destruction, and former New Zealand Army soldier Pete Breidahl - who said he warned local police of extremists at a local rifle club where he said he suspected the shooter was a member.
    "All I want is to go back to my horses, say goodbye to firearms and the bull$#@! shooting community and its drama and let the police and government sort this one out," wrote Breidahl in a Facebook post. "I don’t NEED, want or care about guns. I can happily live my life without them."
    Most reports cited three tweets, including that of John Hart, a farmer and Green Party member from Wairarapa, who told BuzzFeed News he surrendered his semiautomatic rifle two days after the attack.
    He tweeted a photo of the form he signed to hand over his rifle to the police to be destroyed, saying, "We don't need these in our country. We have to make sure it's #NeverAgain." -BuzzFeed
    Ardern asked residents to surrender their weapons on Monday.
    "To make our community safer, the time to act is now," she said. "I want to remind people, you can surrender your gun to the police at any time. In fact I have seen reports that people are in fact already doing this. I applaud that effort, and if you are thinking about surrendering your weapon, I would encourage you to do so."
    Looks like that was wishful thinking on the part of the Prime Minister.

Click here to view the original image of 979x551px.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-many-actually
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If anyone wishes to see something that can't be unseen, look for the videos of the NZ PM sporting.....errr......something between "her" legs.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I'd let her ban anything if she says it in that accent.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If anyone wishes to see something that can't be unseen, look for the videos of the NZ PM sporting.....errr......something between "her" legs.
    Already been posted:

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'd let her ban anything if she says it in that accent.

There are ALWAYS exceptions for the rulers to circumvent their own rules. Who gets to keep their guns in NZ? Those are the people everyone needs to start taking a MUCH closer look at.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.