Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-mass Gift for Oyarde

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    White Privilege.
    Just as I expected .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have a 20 percent coupon , how did you rate a 25 percent ?
    Those coupons are for the high rollers who pay to be in their $#@!y-$#@! club. We only have the free membership so we don't get the "friends and family" coupons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    White Privilege.
    That did, literally, make me Laugh out Loud.

Shopping for Mr A some cigars.

He has a subscription with Thompson cigars and every year he gets a reward credit but I steal it and use it to buy him a Christmas gift. Last year, I got him a bunch of sampler packs that came with free lighters and a travel humidor. He really likes the travel humidor, btw and uses it a lot.

Any suggestions on full flavored cigars? His subscription is for a box of Cosechero Torpedo every few months. He would enjoy something similar. He likes trying different stuff. I thought about getting him the Makers Mark infused cigar but it was expensive and seemed gimmicky.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Shopping for Mr A some cigars.

He has a subscription with Thompson cigars and every year he gets a reward credit but I steal it and use it to buy him a Christmas gift. Last year, I got him a bunch of sampler packs that came with free lighters and a travel humidor. He really likes the travel humidor, btw and uses it a lot.

Any suggestions on full flavored cigars? His subscription is for a box of Cosechero Torpedo every few months. He would enjoy something similar. He likes trying different stuff. I thought about getting him the Makers Mark infused cigar but it was expensive and seemed gimmicky.
    Thompson has Garcia y Vega , I think they still have a Carona Full flavor natural . You can get him a few of those to try . I always liked the full flavor naturals .
    Do something Danke

Thompson has Garcia y Vega , I think they still have a Carona Full flavor natural . You can get him a few of those to try . I always liked the full flavor naturals .
    Cool, he likes full flavored too. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to call customer service tomorrow because last year when I called the guy set me up with a bunch of freebies. I don't really see those deals online. I will ask about your suggestions, though. Mr A likes those crack lighters because he smokes on the golf course and they light the cigar.

I also remembered that he wanted a plastic flask and I found him a cool as hell shirt at the thrift store. I was going to sell it but I know he would love it so I'm going to give it to him. I'm also going to buy him a Wok. He's been wanting one. I don't want another pan in the kitchen but he wants a friggin Wok for the two times a year he makes fried rice. That man...

Cool, he likes full flavored too. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to call customer service tomorrow because last year when I called the guy set me up with a bunch of freebies. I don't really see those deals online. I will ask about your suggestions, though. Mr A likes those crack lighters because he smokes on the golf course and they light the cigar.

I also remembered that he wanted a plastic flask and I found him a cool as hell shirt at the thrift store. I was going to sell it but I know he would love it so I'm going to give it to him. I'm also going to buy him a Wok. He's been wanting one. I don't want another pan in the kitchen but he wants a friggin Wok for the two times a year he makes fried rice. That man...
    Mr A is king of the house if he wants a Wok he deserves a Wok . Stuff like that I only use once a year I put on a shelf in the basement or hang it on the wall or rafters in the outbuilding or garage .
    Do something Danke

Mr A is king of the house if he wants a Wok he deserves a Wok . Stuff like that I only use once a year I put on a shelf in the basement or hang it on the wall or rafters in the outbuilding or garage .
    Do something Danke

Rumors are the 80th anniversary Lincoln Continental is going to have suicide doors . Maybe @Danke is saving up to get me that . Sweet .
    Do something Danke

I have figured out what I'm getting everyone except my youngest son. He's tough. I asked him what he wanted and he just shrugged. *sigh* I thought about a Chia pet. He always wanted one of those but he never got one. I saw them advertising Golden Girls Chia Pets on tv today at work and though, that looks like something my crazy ass son would like.

The only thing I want for Christmas is clothes and I've been doing that for the past 5 years. When I was younger I would always ask for video games and new game consoles but as I've gotten older I've been playing them less and don't really have much a need for them anymore.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 12-17-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The only thing I want for Christmas is clothes and I've been doing that for the past 5 years. When I was younger I would always ask for video games and new game consoles but as I've gotten older I've been playing them less and don't really have much a need for them anymore.
    When I was young I would ask for store bought arrows , .22 rifle shells , 12 Ga and .410 shells , wool socks , store bought cigarettes and a new football . Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners would be a feast of wild game I had hunted . Celebrating the birth of Jesus was serious business . You did not just get new wool socks for warm feet to cut wood and break ice in the feed lot any other time .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-17-2018 at 07:08 PM.
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I have a big black & white spotted tomcat named Henry . Years before I had a black cat named Bubba with yellow eyes that looked like the cat in that package . Today I carved a ham and gave Henry the bone . I told him Merry Christmas !
    Do something Danke

I have a big black & white spotted tomcat named Henry . Years before I had a black cat named Bubba with yellow eyes that looked like the cat in that package . Today I carved a ham and gave Henry the bone . I told him Merry Christmas !
    I would have preferred a puppy in the box but kitties are nice too and this is what I came across.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

When I was young I would ask for store bought arrows , .22 rifle shells , 12 Ga and .410 shells , wool socks , store bought cigarettes and a new football . Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners would be a feast of wild game I had hunted . Celebrating the birth of Jesus was serious business . You did not just get new wool socks for warm feet to cut wood and break ice in the feed lot any other time .
    The best gift I ever got was the Play Doh Barber Shop but I had the flu that Christmas and the smell of the Play Doh made me vomit. Another year I got the Holly Hobby Easy Bake Oven. I got excited and used up all my cake batter that morning and my mom cut the cord on the oven because she said the cakes were nasty and made me take it outside and put in the playhouse my dad built me. I used the little pans to make mud pies and I would stick them in the broken oven to dry out. I just pretended it baked.

The worst gifts I got were a Bionic Barbie doll. She wasn't pretty and didn't even come with a dress I could use on my nice Barbie. She came in a goofy jogging suit. My stinky brother bought me that and my other worst gift was from another stinky brother. His cheap ass put a chunk of lead in a shoe box and wrapped it up for me. I was so excited. I thought it was gonna be good because it was so heavy.

Once, my dad bought my mom a vacuum cleaner and we (it was dad's idea) took it apart and wrapped it in pieces. My mom was so pissed. I think that was when she gave up on having a nice Christmas and, after that, the gifts only went downhill. I've received everything from canned bread (it's actually not bad) to an old broken wedding clock.

I've tried to put nice gifts under the tree but I want my kids to have a taste of my childhood so I always fill their stockings with crazy $#@!. I find the best stuff at the Asian Grocery store and Richard's Variety shop. The worst purchases I've made are the Shrimp Flavored Potato Chips (they smelled like rotten shrimp) and the Turkish Delight I bought after reading Narnia with them. It wasn't delightful. I can't believe Edmund sold out his siblings for that $#@!.

I think you need a pair of those socks with the toe socks. I had a pair once and they were rainbow striped. That was before rainbows were gay.

The best gift I ever got was the Play Doh Barber Shop but I had the flu that Christmas and the smell of the Play Doh made me vomit. Another year I got the Holly Hobby Easy Bake Oven. I got excited and used up all my cake batter that morning and my mom cut the cord on the oven because she said the cakes were nasty and made me take it outside and put in the playhouse my dad built me. I used the little pans to make mud pies and I would stick them in the broken oven to dry out. I just pretended it baked.

The worst gifts I got were a Bionic Barbie doll. She wasn't pretty and didn't even come with a dress I could use on my nice Barbie. She came in a goofy jogging suit. My stinky brother bought me that and my other worst gift was from another stinky brother. His cheap ass put a chunk of lead in a shoe box and wrapped it up for me. I was so excited. I thought it was gonna be good because it was so heavy.

Once, my dad bought my mom a vacuum cleaner and we (it was dad's idea) took it apart and wrapped it in pieces. My mom was so pissed. I think that was when she gave up on having a nice Christmas and, after that, the gifts only went downhill. I've received everything from canned bread (it's actually not bad) to an old broken wedding clock.

I've tried to put nice gifts under the tree but I want my kids to have a taste of my childhood so I always fill their stockings with crazy $#@!. I find the best stuff at the Asian Grocery store and Richard's Variety shop. The worst purchases I've made are the Shrimp Flavored Potato Chips (they smelled like rotten shrimp) and the Turkish Delight I bought after reading Narnia with them. It wasn't delightful. I can't believe Edmund sold out his siblings for that $#@!.
    In the Army C rations there was pound cake in a can . It was good . The other two not so much , there was chocolate nut roll , we would play baseball and football with those , they were too hard to eat . Anyone selling out someone for turkish delight is mentally ill .
    Do something Danke

In the Army C rations there was pound cake in a can . It was good . The other two not so much , there was chocolate nut roll , we would play baseball and football with those , they were too hard to eat . Anyone selling out someone for turkish delight is mentally ill .
    Do something Danke

I think you need a pair of those socks with the toe socks. I had a pair once and they were rainbow striped. That was before rainbows were gay.
    Gay people have been ruining a lot of $#@! . Who ruins a rainbow for everybody , WTF .
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My mom told me a story a long time ago that for one Christmas when she was a kid she got a cork. Gee I wonder what her parents wanted her to do with it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I probably should get some work done on some of my knife sheaths , Mrs O has had two of them for so long I guarantee she does not remember where she put them . This is what you get to look forward to in old age .
    Do something Danke

I think tomorrow I am going to bet myself a gift , a pair of needle nose vise grips with a cushion grip . No need for my kung fu grip hand to be cold ......
    Do something Danke

Not too far in the future , now that I am getting older I was thinking that there should be a statue or sculpture , a likeness of me for Danke to have to remember me by . I think it will help him remember all of the great wisdom I have passed to him . Probably right out his door .
    Do something Danke

Not too far in the future , now that I am getting older I was thinking that there should be a statue or sculpture , a likeness of me for Danke to have to remember me by . I think it will help him remember all of the great wisdom I have passed to him . Probably right out his door .

Would be a nice addition for my shooting range.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I imagine your likeness carved like a wooden Indian, not a bust or statue. Busts are for composers and statues are for Generals. The wooden Indian evokes wisdom.

I went and got muh fancy vice grips at Lowes today . They probably , really are not as nice as the ones I already have but the will not be as cold in winter .
    Do something Danke

I want you to get him a nice peace pipe made out of the finest materials with the finest available peace herbs available this one seemed nice:

https://goo.gl/images/XUGVDs
    Last edited by Working Poor; 12-20-2018 at 07:29 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I gave my boss at my part time retirement job a nice smoked ham today .
    Do something Danke

I ended up with a new oscillating tool , some blades , a Home Depot gift card , a thermal shirt , a Cracker Barrel gift card , Bob Evans Gift Card , Walmart Gift Card and two Amazon Gift cards . Not sure which one was from Danke . I regifted the walmart card and gave Mrs O the amazon cards . Probably use the Home Depot card to get some extra discs for my angle grinder and my metal Cutoff tool . That thermal shirt my Grandson got me is pretty fancy , makes you feel like a quarter million bucks when you put it on .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-29-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    Do something Danke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast