Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new stories spinning campaign email as if Ron dropped out

new stories spinning campaign email as if Ron dropped out

Ron Paul announced Monday that his campaign will no longer spend money on presidential nominating contests due to lack of funds, effectively ending his campaign for the Republican nomination.

Paul wrote the following in an open letter to supporters:

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.

Paul, the only Republican presidential candidate remaining in the race with frontrunner Mitt Romney, encouraged his supporters to remain active in the presidential as well as downballot races across the country and stressed that he will continue working to win delegates.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...183243109.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF? CNN almost never covers RP but has this story up almost instantly!

Now the media who has bashed the sh** out of him from day 1, will now start fawning over him and how great this and that about him and invite him to potificate on the general election.. He should tell everyone who invites him on tv to take a long walk off a short pier. .. Fkn scum... I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ROMNEY... EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    As did Politico, Yahoo, etc. Haha. It literally took them 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    As did Politico, Yahoo, etc. Haha. It literally took them 5 minutes.
    You can add The Hill to that list > hxxp://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/227227-ron-paul-wont-campaign-in-any-more-states

Lol indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    They did the same thing last time. I remember when Paul quit in 2008 and of course the talking heads took pleasure in announcing that it was over. Very frustrating.
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

Shut up, there was no back deal. He is not out of the race, it is now up to us. We knew from day 1 that his campaign staff was incompetent, now it is time to prove that the grassroots is the real driving force. He is still in the running, and we still have work to do. Stop crying and get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Back room deal

Seems that there was more to the NO Anti-Romney AD strategy.
    No, it's not. Stop overreacting people. They simply don't have the money for events and publicity that the media wasn't going to let us have anyway.... It doesn't change the delegate strategy, which has been the strategy all along.

Seriously, what does it change that he won't be actively campagining, if barely anyone who wasn't already voting for him even know he was campaigning anyway... It would be a waste of limited funds, when delegates are what matter at this point, and that's where we're still winning and taking majorities, to the ponit that they have to be getting scared with how bad they're fighting us.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude WTF!!! We are finally gaining momentum. Ive talked people into voting for him in TX this week. Whats the deal!!
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Wtf! I just heard this on Bloomberg radio and logged right in. What in the hells going on?

It seemed like something was up, first he cancels all his events, has a private meeting with Bernanke and now this. I guess its time to /ignore politics again. What a terrible way to start off the week. We were trying very hard here in California too!

DON'T BUY INTO THE MEDIA'S BS PEOPLE!!

We all know it's always been about the delegates here, so don't buy their "it's over" crap.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Again, he is still in the race he did not drop out. Why the hell is everyone suddenly accepting the MSM as truth? He is simply not making campaign stops. We can still win this thing as the grass roots. The campaign has been incompetent since day 1, now it is our turn. Stop complaining, start campaigning.

RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID STUPID STUPID. I don't care if they don't have the cash and don't campaign. Really. But do they have to yell it off an effin' roof? Seriously? No one needed to know. The grassroots were carrying it on anyway. This is ridiculous. Such a defeatist attitude. Way to inspire the people who are working their assess off to get the guy elected.

No street smarts. Nada.

Stop whining and keep working the media is blowing it out of proportion
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Again, the campaign was incompetent. Dr. Paul will be able to run a country, but he is no good at running a campaign. Stop crying guys, start fighting. We can still win this.

This is nothing new. We knew that a major shakeup was going to happen, TMOT told us. He thinks this is going to be good for the race, so do I. Let's keep running.

Never mind. Now that I think about the email absolutely nothing has changed. This is simply the criminal media creating a false narrative. Absolutely disgusting, IMO. Not a smart move by the Paul camp to release that email /statement though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    DON'T BUY INTO THE MEDIA'S BS PEOPLE!!

We all know it's always been about the delegates here, so don't buy their "it's over" crap.
    That's not the problem. They're coming off sounding as losers. They're not making any active stops in primary states, but they didn't have to announce it. They just added fuel to the fire. Everyone knows that the campaign is constantly misintepreted and now they're sending out a press release that can easily be interpreted as 'Ron Paul gives up, Romney presumptive nominee'. And a couple of straw poll wins would've been great to boost the morale and gain bits of momentum.

Dear JAMES,

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

this is a terrible way to announce this strategy. what the hell is going on? he should have just shifted the strategy internally and moved forward without making such a negative announcement.

yes i know.. nothing has changed blah blah blah.... sorry but the perception will be that he has dropped out. think about the delegates that have to scrape up money to get to these state conventions... pay for hotels and food. will they have the same passion now? i hope so.. but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    Again, he is still in the race he did not drop out. Why the hell is everyone suddenly accepting the MSM as truth? He is simply not making campaign stops. We can still win this thing as the grass roots. The campaign has been incompetent since day 1, now it is our turn. Stop complaining, start campaigning.
    Well technically no one "dropped out" either. Santorum, Gingrinch etc... This is not the MSM telling us this, it's Ron Paul saying it. I read this on his website. He is giving up on the states that haven't voted yet which includes mine (California). Unless he hopes that the "bound" delegates somehow unbind themselves, it's pretty much game over. If he doesn't want to stop Romney from getting to 1144 (bound) delegates, it pretty much says to me that the media was right. Dr. Paul isn't in this to win.

I Tweeted it:

So. If Ron Paul was still in the race yesterday, Media, why didn't you report his wins in AZ and OK? Or his HUGE rallies the past 2 weeks?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does seem an odd time to announce this, given our recent wins this can do nothing but stall or momentum. Even if it is misinterpreted.

Also, can we change the title of this thread? He's not ending his presidential campaign so please let's not add that kind of fuel to the fire.

These things I know:

Goldman Sach isn't funding Ron Paul

The media is full of $#@!

We are kicking ass and winning

Great....Ron says he is no longer 'campaigning' to SAVE money, then the all knowing media takes this as Ron Paul ENDS his run for President, and now we have Paul supporters biting the media hook and believe what the media feeds them. How does someone..like me..who knows that Ron IS NOT ENDING HIS RUN, convince those of you who can't read that this is not over?...WE MUST CONTINUE GETTING DELEGATES LIKE RON HAS SAID!...what the hell is wrong with you debbie give-uppers anyway?....FFS...

Amazing how quick the media is to not only comment on it but to spin it to their own interpretation, given that Ron virtually didn't exist to them the last month or so, despite his wins.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

He was Ross Perot'd.

My bet is that he was given an ultimatum because of all the ruckus we have been generating in the delegate process. Also, perhaps - his plea for 650K has generated very few precious dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    It's just a money thing. He's not getting the money to do what he'd like to do in the primary states. I'd rather see him put one Eric Brakey type on the ground for a week for a convention than spend that money on a tv ad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast