Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Toady is the primary!"

I used to grow frogs back on the farm. Hmmmm this could become an awesome meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    *****Breaking*****

Toady 2012

Iconic Amphibian set to announce his hop for hope and sent shortwaves through the United States Political Establishment
    *his quixotic hop for hope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Talking

All Glory To The Hypnotoad!!

http://r33b.net/

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You guys are too funny!!! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thargok View Post
    It rlealy dseont mtetar how you slepl as lnog as the fsirt and lsat lteerts are croecrt, so no big dael.
    This has actually been disproven a few times, though most people still accept it as fact In particular, if the misspelling spells another word, you are in deep trouble when trying to get your message across... like in this case

Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    BreakTheMatrix has the link to the press release, with "toady"...........

Are all proofreaders on holiday?

GO RAND~~
    Quote Originally Posted by j6p View Post
    Wonder where Melissa from WV is and John Taylor?? They are the ones that are picky over effective communication, it goes to show that no one is perfect.
    I just moved, so I was unavailable. This is obviously entirely my fault, and I will carry the shame of it the rest of my days if Rand somehow manages to lose No one is perfect, no, but you do want professional releases (emails, pamphlets, commercials, billboards, signs, etc.) to be as perfect as possible.

I do love Toady, though
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Last edited by Nate-ForLiberty; 05-18-2010 at 12:52 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When Rand wins the primary hes going to give the establishment a taste of their own medicine in the sense they will be "forced" to pick the lessor of two evils (from their perspective) either a democrat or Rand.

I find that amusing -- HAH!
    Rules to gain ground for our efforts. Remember we are the role models for liberty don't abuse it.
    Constructive criticism
    No condescending tones
    Allow room for disagreement
    Be respectful
    It takes time
    Don't flip out when "bad" things happen
    Be forward looking and be part of the solution not just the reaction
    There is no perfect candidate
    Support freedom locally as well as nationally
    Don't worry about negatives said against us but instead worry about giving something positive to say.

Toady is the primary! All of your primary are belong to him!
    Has Gun Will Revolt

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    This has actually been disproven a few times, though most people still accept it as fact In particular, if the misspelling spells another word, you are in deep trouble when trying to get your message across... like in this case
    Wait so you read what I said without issue but then say that the method by which you read it is false? If it spells another word your mind already adjusts for it, in fact speed readers only look at the first and last letter and context fills in the blank. Toady doesn't make since and I actually missed that the title was misspelled for this very reason. Problems occur with people who suffer some amount dyslexia and children with a small vocabulary, but inherently your mind already reads this way. (in English)

LOL, this thread is epic win

You guys are hilarious! I *heart* this place

I think toady should be our new mascott, just like the dems with their mule and the repubs with their elephant :P
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

MY GOD... it has spread to Singapore already. What have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    LOL, this thread is epic win

You guys are hilarious! I *heart* this place

I think toady should be our new mascott, just like the dems with their mule and the repubs with their elephant :P
    Toadally.

I hear that Kanye West is happy for Toady, whom he thinks is a good primary, but that he considers himself the best primary of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Toadally.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Thargok View Post
    Wait so you read what I said without issue but then say that the method by which you read it is false? If it spells another word your mind already adjusts for it, in fact speed readers only look at the first and last letter and context fills in the blank. Toady doesn't make since and I actually missed that the title was misspelled for this very reason. Problems occur with people who suffer some amount dyslexia and children with a small vocabulary, but inherently your mind already reads this way. (in English)
    Sense (Despite the fact that the first and last letter were the same, "since" leapt out as being incorrect... and no, I know that doesn't have anything to do with the "study" that was done.) I read the offered words "with issue," but recognized them from the same silly activity that has made the rounds on the internet myriad times already.

Dlxiseyc ceilhdrn mhgit hvae insintric duffciily wtih wdors benig sleepld tihs cunfindnoog way? Phearps. Pitalotleny, pillsayboylc varcborluy culoped wtih ulifanmiar sectjubs and picredates iflenncue the varietcy of the amenoftireenod cmails.

To put it more basically:

In a way this is a cheap magician's trick, because the only reason people can read the scrambled words is because they aren't very scrambled. Fixing the first and last letters means 2 and 3 letter words don't change at all, and 4 letter words just swap the middle letters. That's the bulk of our vocabulary. Try making a sentence with very long words, and our ability to read words "as a whole" mysteriously vanishes.
    I'm an oddball, though, as I do read one letter at a time. It makes me better at my job
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    Epic Thread

ahahah
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Dlxiseyc ceilhdrn mhgit hvae insintric duffciily wtih wdors benig sleepld tihs cunfindnoog way? Phearps. Pitalotleny, pillsayboylc varcborluy culoped wtih ulifanmiar sectjubs and picredates iflenncue the varietcy of the amenoftireenod cmails.
    With the exception of "Pitalotleny" (potentially) and "pillsayboylc" (polysyllabic), I actually read that whole sentence relatively easily

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    With the exception of "Pitalotleny" (potentially) and "pillsayboylc" (polysyllabic), I actually read that whole sentence relatively easily
    Except according to the "study," you should be able to recognize all of them easily. My point, which could have been made more elegantly if I'd had more time to piece together an exclusively polysyllabic sentence, is that the ease of the words being scrambled plays a distinct role. Add to that the almost unavoidable articles and other short words which provide context clues, and you realize it's not exclusively about the first and last letter being in place and all the others scrambled.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not worthy....
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    I'm not worthy....
    lol

Ron's not a lefty is he?

*Fake edit* Leave it to me to notice the left hand and not the toad.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast