Thread: 9th Circuit Court rules against CA ban on high capacity mags

Exclamation 9th Circuit Court rules against CA ban on high capacity mags

A win for the 2a!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...?ocid=msedgdhp

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datasto...4/19-55376.pdf

A split ruling from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said the state's ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition would infringe on the Second Amendment right to own firearms.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 08-14-2020 at 02:28 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anybody called Hell to make sure it hasn't frozen over?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Thank you DJTvsg for giving us good judges.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Has anybody called Hell to make sure it hasn't frozen over?
    I know, I had to re-read that. Something positive actually came out of California.

You can get high capacity mags here.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Thank you DJTvsg for giving us good judges.
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/21538-pre...urt-of-appeals

and other articles online as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I know, I had to re-read that. Something positive actually came out of California.

You can get high capacity mags here.

The 9th Circuit has been notoriously anti-gun forever.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The 9th Circuit has been notoriously anti-gun forever.
    Decades of stupid $#@! has come out of the 9th.

I'll go on record as liking The Donald for appointing judges.

tic tok RBG.

Donnell & Newsome will never take my bolt action standard cap 7.62 NATO Ishapore assault rifle, 12 round mag.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 08-14-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    We can thank Trump for remaking the 9th circuit along with all of the other improvements to the Judicial branch.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Do the guns need to be registered, and do folks still need a "permit"?

Will the new biometrics keep track of every arm/person?

I don't think they would rule this way without some agenda. If they really supported the 2nd there would be no more Track'nSale and for a "fee".

Something's up, me thinks.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Do the guns need to be registered, and do folks still need a "permit"?

Will the new biometrics keep track of every arm/person?

I don't think they would rule this way without some agenda. If they really supported the 2nd there would be no more Track'nSale and for a "fee".

Something's up, me thinks.
    Even in CA I don't think you need a permit, FOID or mandated "registration".

CA residents let us know.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Donnell & Newsome will never take my bolt action standard cap 7.62 NATO Ishapore assault rifle, 12 round mag.
    Yeah, we all know, you think Trump sux.

Got it.

Now, take the $#@!ing win for Christ sakes, and quit bitching for five minutes.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Very rarely do you ever see anything positive news coming out of California.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

No permit for my rifle (bolt action) but I don't know about handguns.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Got it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Got it.

Quit yer whining & sniveling, just about everyone will be more happy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obtaining a firearm in most states is a pretty straightforward process, but California is a different animal.
    Each year, the state legislature enacts more and more restrictive laws for residents to obtain a lawful firearm. Here, we will walk you through five steps of obtaining a firearms permit.

1. Personal Firearms Eligibility Check
    If you’re the cautious type and don’t want any surprises, first obtain a personal firearms eligibility check through the California Office of the Attorney General’s website (oag.ca.gov/firearms/forms). Of course, there is a $20 cost, but this may come to save some heartache, time and frustration if you just applied and were denied for whatever reasons.
    It’s a small step, but could prove to be valuable if the state attempts to deny your application. This way, you will have evidence your record is clean and worthy of a firearms permit. Also, the OAG only reviews California records.

2. Residency
    Make sure you have several pieces of proof that you live in California. Documentation that is acceptable includes a driver’s license or identification card, utility bill within the last three months, a residential lease or property deed and military permanent duty station orders proving assignment in California.
    According to the OAG website, The address provided on the proof-of-residency document must match either the address on the Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) or the address on the purchaser’s California driver’s license or identification card. You must be at least 18 years old to buy a rifle or shotgun and 21 for a handgun.

3. Find the firearm for you
    Do your research and “test” out several different options at a local gun range. The instructors, or employees at your local gun store, are knowledgeable and can lead in the right direction when purchasing your weapon of choice.
    The transaction must be made through a licensed dealer under the DROS and includes a 10-day waiting period before you obtain ownership. The dealer is required to provide a copy of the DROS upon request.

4. Other requirements
    You must pass and obtain a firearm safety certificate (FSC), safe handling demonstration (SHD) and have a firearms safety device that has passed required safety and functionality tests and is on the state’s Department of Justice’s official roster of approved devices.
    The FSC requires a 75 percent on a written test covering firearms laws and safety requirements. It is valid for five years and could run up to $25. It is administered by a DOJ certified instructor (often located at firearms dealerships).
    SHD must be performed in the presence of a certified DOJ instructor from when the DROS is submitted to the DOJ and delivery of the firearm. The instructor must sign an affidavit stating the demonstration was completed.
    Also check to see if you are exempt from any additional requirement such as the Handgun Safety Certificate.

5. Take ownership
    Once you have passed your background check and completed all the requirements, you still have one more step. Picking up (unless the weapon is mailed in certain cases) your firearm.
    But don’t go on vacation or wait too long because, by state law, if you do not take “physical possession” of your gun within 30 days of submission of the DROS information, the dealer must cancel the sale. If that time passes, you must repeat the entire DROS process including payment.

https://crossarmory.com/five-steps-t...firearm-in-ca/

———

NOTICE: NEW FIREARMS PERMIT APPLICATION FORMS

In an effort to simplify the BSIS Firearms Permit application process, the Bureau separated the Application for Firearms Permit, which was used for both initial issuance and renewal of a BSIS Firearms Permit, into two separate forms. Specifically, the two new forms are:

Firearms Permit Initial Application
    Firearms Permit Renewal Application

The new forms, which are dated June 2017, provide additional information on the respective application process and requirements, and are available on the Bureau's website at www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/index.shtml

More:

https://www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/new_firearm.shtml

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Obtaining a firearm in most states is a pretty straightforward process, but California is a different animal.
    Each year, the state legislature enacts more and more restrictive laws for residents to obtain a lawful firearm. Here, we will walk you through five steps of obtaining a firearms permit.

1. Personal Firearms Eligibility Check
    If you’re the cautious type and don’t want any surprises, first obtain a personal firearms eligibility check through the California Office of the Attorney General’s website (oag.ca.gov/firearms/forms). Of course, there is a $20 cost, but this may come to save some heartache, time and frustration if you just applied and were denied for whatever reasons.
    It’s a small step, but could prove to be valuable if the state attempts to deny your application. This way, you will have evidence your record is clean and worthy of a firearms permit. Also, the OAG only reviews California records.

2. Residency
    Make sure you have several pieces of proof that you live in California. Documentation that is acceptable includes a driver’s license or identification card, utility bill within the last three months, a residential lease or property deed and military permanent duty station orders proving assignment in California.
    According to the OAG website, The address provided on the proof-of-residency document must match either the address on the Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) or the address on the purchaser’s California driver’s license or identification card. You must be at least 18 years old to buy a rifle or shotgun and 21 for a handgun.

3. Find the firearm for you
    Do your research and “test” out several different options at a local gun range. The instructors, or employees at your local gun store, are knowledgeable and can lead in the right direction when purchasing your weapon of choice.
    The transaction must be made through a licensed dealer under the DROS and includes a 10-day waiting period before you obtain ownership. The dealer is required to provide a copy of the DROS upon request.

4. Other requirements
    You must pass and obtain a firearm safety certificate (FSC), safe handling demonstration (SHD) and have a firearms safety device that has passed required safety and functionality tests and is on the state’s Department of Justice’s official roster of approved devices.
    The FSC requires a 75 percent on a written test covering firearms laws and safety requirements. It is valid for five years and could run up to $25. It is administered by a DOJ certified instructor (often located at firearms dealerships).
    SHD must be performed in the presence of a certified DOJ instructor from when the DROS is submitted to the DOJ and delivery of the firearm. The instructor must sign an affidavit stating the demonstration was completed.
    Also check to see if you are exempt from any additional requirement such as the Handgun Safety Certificate.

5. Take ownership
    Once you have passed your background check and completed all the requirements, you still have one more step. Picking up (unless the weapon is mailed in certain cases) your firearm.
    But don’t go on vacation or wait too long because, by state law, if you do not take “physical possession” of your gun within 30 days of submission of the DROS information, the dealer must cancel the sale. If that time passes, you must repeat the entire DROS process including payment.

https://crossarmory.com/five-steps-t...firearm-in-ca/

———

NOTICE: NEW FIREARMS PERMIT APPLICATION FORMS

In an effort to simplify the BSIS Firearms Permit application process, the Bureau separated the Application for Firearms Permit, which was used for both initial issuance and renewal of a BSIS Firearms Permit, into two separate forms. Specifically, the two new forms are:

Firearms Permit Initial Application
    Firearms Permit Renewal Application

The new forms, which are dated June 2017, provide additional information on the respective application process and requirements, and are available on the Bureau's website at www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/index.shtml

More:

https://www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/new_firearm.shtml
    We need more Trump judges to do away with all that garbage.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Got it.

It's almost like he doesn't want us to win and just pretends he does.
    It's almost like this news angers him because he wanted the ruling to go the other way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's almost like he doesn't want us to win and just pretends he does.
    It's almost like this news angers him because he wanted the ruling to go the other way.
    I don't want YOU to win, I want liberty to win. The 9th Circuit has made some epic liberty decisions over the years & this is another one of those. What happens if this ruling gets to SCOTUS and Donnell's libtard authoritarian justice appointments get a crack at it, notably DC Deep State swamp judge Kavanaugh the GHW bushbot?

"Take the guns first" is the likely outcome.

Gun grabbers, Hogg Bros
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 08-14-2020 at 08:40 PM.

I don't want YOU to win, I want liberty to win. The 9th Circuit has made some epic liberty decisions over the years & this is another one of those. What happens if this ruling gets to SCOTUS and Donnell's libtard authoritarian justice appointments get a crack at it, notably DC Deep State swamp judge Kavanaugh the GHW bushbot?
    The only reason that the 2nd Amendment was not relegated to a dead letter "collective right only held by the state" in Heller back in 2008 was because of judges appointed, to a man, by GOP presidents.

Please don't make me defend whatever else these $#@!s may have done, but facts are facts.

Exclamation Dangerous Republican & Democrat SCOTUS justices on the loose in DC

The only reason that the 2nd Amendment was not relegated to a dead letter "collective right only held by the state" in Heller back in 2008 was because of judges appointed, to a man, by GOP presidents.

Please don't make me defend whatever else these $#@!s may have done, but facts are facts.
    The heller ruling is weak and virtually useless. Adam Kokesh was busted for having a shotgun in a video made in the federal District of Columbia.

The heller ruling is weak and virtually useless. Adam Kokesh was busted for having a shotgun in a video made in the federal District of Columbia.
    On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court affirmed by a vote of 5 to 4 the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Heller v. District of Columbia.[4][5] The Supreme Court struck down provisions of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 as unconstitutional, determined that handguns are "arms" for the purposes of the Second Amendment, found that the Regulations Act was an unconstitutional ban, and struck down the portion of the Regulations Act that requires all firearms including rifles and shotguns be kept "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock". Prior to this decision the Firearms Control Regulation Act of 1975 also restricted residents from owning handguns except for those registered prior to 1975.
    If you can't see that as a "win", then there's nothing more I can say.

I don't know what you want...nobody has the stones to take it to the streets like our enemies do...trying to work "the system" is just being a stoopid TrumpHumper sellout according to you...freedom is not popular, so electing more true liberty candidates is very difficult if not impossible.

So, you tell me...what do you want to do?

Other than doing what we all seem to do best, yip at each other and sniff each other's $#@!s.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-15-2020 at 12:14 AM.

He wants liberty to lose, he is a fake who uses perfection as a weapon to prevent improvement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Got it.

Agreed.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment