Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana mother ordered to pay child support, give full custody to her rapist

Louisiana mother ordered to pay child support, give full custody to her rapist

To my friend @Matt Collins, please explain why this "justice" is better than what the so called "anarchist mob" would do. To my friend @Anti Federalist, when we do "peaceful separation" you get this one.

Crysta is shown with the daughter she had with Barnes in 2005. Crysta was 16 at the time - one year under the legal age of consent in Louisiana. The girl is now 16 and in full custody of her father

The ruling by Judge Jeffrey Cashe also forced Abelseth to pay child support to his alleged rapist, in what her advocates have branded an outrageous miscarriage of justice

Barnes, now 46, is shown in 2016. He has not yet commented on the allegations and he has never been charged with rape - despite admitting to fathering the girl when her mother was under the legal age of consent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ody-child.html

Louisiana mother, 32, is ordered to pay child support to man who 'RAPED her when she was 16' - AND give him full custody of their teen daughter 'because she bought her a cellphone'
    Crysta Abelseth, now 32, says John Barnes raped her in 2005 when she was 16
    He was 30 at the time and offered her a ride home from a bar where she was 'highly intoxicated' with friends
    She claims that he raped her in his home, which resulted in the pregnancy
    Crysta never told him about the baby but he found out in 2011 and four years later, and demanded custodial rights
    She then filed a police report alleging rape but he has never been charged
    Now, she has been ordered to share custody of the child and pay Barnes child support
    It came after he complained to a judge that she gave the daughter a cell phone
    Abelseth is fighting it, claiming he should have been charged with at least statutory rape because she was under 17 at the time
    By ANDREA BLANCO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 20:49 EDT, 14 June 2022 | UPDATED: 11:30 EDT, 16 June 2022

shares

View comments e-mail
    +99Home

View comments
    A Louisiana mother who claims she was raped at 16 by a 30-year-old-man has been ordered to give up custody of their daughter sixteen years later - and pay him child support in a cruel legal twist.

Crysta Abelseth, now 32, claims that John Barnes, now 46, raped her in 2005 after she accepted a ride home from him from a bar where she had been drinking with friends. She was 16 at the time and had been in the bar with friends.

Six years later, she says he found out about the baby but did nothing about it until 2015, when he suddenly requested 50/50 custody.

She then filed a police report, alleging the rape ten years prior, but he was never charged - even though Louisiana has clear statutory rape laws that apply to anyone under the age of 17.

Now, Abelseth has been ordered to relinquish custody of the now 16-year-old girl and pay Barnes child support, telling local network WBRZ of her peril.

It was after he complained to a judge that she gave the teenage girl a cell phone. She is now campaigning to win back her rights, and to see him prosecuted.

Scroll down for video

Crysta Abelseth, now 32, claims that John Barnes, now 46, raped her in 2005 after she accepted a ride home
    +7
    View gallery
    John Barnes, 46, runs a graphic design firm in their hometown
    +7
    View gallery
    Crysta Abelseth, now 32, claims that John Barnes, now 46, raped her in 2005 after she accepted a ride home from him from a restaurant where she'd been having dinner with a friend.

Crysta Abelseth is shown with the daughter she had with Barnes in 2005. Crysta was 16 at the time - one year under the legal age of consent in Louisiana. The girl is now 16 and in full custody of her father
    +7
    View gallery
    Crysta is shown with the daughter she had with Barnes in 2005. Crysta was 16 at the time - one year under the legal age of consent in Louisiana. The girl is now 16 and in full custody of her father

The mother filed this police report in 2015 alleging that she had been raped five years earlier
    +7
    View gallery
    The mother filed this police report in 2015 alleging that she had been raped five years earlier

Records obtained by WBRZ show that a DNA test proved Barnes was the father of the child
    +7
    View gallery
    Records obtained by WBRZ show that a DNA test proved Barnes was the father of the child

Abelseth did not explain whether or not she physically consented to the sexual encounter in 2015 which occurred when she was 16 - a year under the legal age of consent in Louisiana.

In her 2015 police report, she described how she was 'highly intoxicated' when Barnes took her back to his home after meeting her in the bar where she'd been drinking with friends.

'On December 13th, 2005, I was out at a bar with friends. We were drinking and highly intoxicated. The driver left [the other friend] and I at the bar.

Judge Jeffrey Cashe (pictured) has forced Abelseth to pay child support to her alleged rapist, in what her advocates have branded an outrageous miscarriage of justice
    +7
    View gallery
    The ruling by Judge Jeffrey Cashe also forced Abelseth to pay child support to his alleged rapist, in what her advocates have branded an outrageous miscarriage of justice

'John Barnes offered to take me home. Instead of bringing me to my house, John Barnes brought me to his home.

'He proceeded to rape me,' she told cops.

She claims that once she found out she was pregnant, she let relatives believe that the baby's father was a boyfriend.

'Everyone assumed it [the pregnancy] was from a boyfriend, and I let them believe that.

'When my daughter was five years old, he found out about her, and once he found out about her, he pursued custody and wanted to take her away from me.

Despite filing the report and it being within the state's statute of limitations, Barnes was never charged.

In 2015, he was given 50/50 custody.

RELATED ARTICLES
    Previous
    Next

'It's farm to trash': Furious staff slam shambolic vegan...

What we need to win the war: Kyiv demands HUGE supply of 500...
    SHARE THIS ARTICLE
    The pair have shared custody for seven years but this year, Barnes obtained full custody.

He complained to Judge Jeffrey Cashe that the girl's mother gave her a cell phone.

Now Abelseth is fighting to regain custody of her daughter.

She believes that a sexual assault report she filed against him with Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office has not been thoroughly investigated.

'It was never assigned to a detective, and nothing was ever investigated,' Abelseth alleged.

Barnes has nine hunting licenses in three states. He has not commented on Abelseth's allegations
    +7
    View gallery
    Barnes, now 46, is shown in 2016. He has not yet commented on the allegations and he has never been charged with rape - despite admitting to fathering the girl when her mother was under the legal age of consent

Barnes is the owner of Gumbeaux Digital, whose clients include Ponchatoula Police, where the company is located.

LOUISIANA'S STATUTORY RAPE LAWS: ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 17 IS AUTOMATICALLY A VICTIM
    Louisiana has statutory rape laws known as Carnal Knowledge of a Juvenile which dictate that anyone under the age of 17 is automatically a victim if they have sex with an adult, regardless of whether or not they physically consented to it.

The crime is a felony punishable by up to ten years in prison and a fine of $5,000.

Not knowing whether the victim is under 17 at the time of the crime is not a defense.

It's unclear why Barnes was never charged after staking claim to the child, and after DNA proved he was the father.

'He's threatened me multiple times, saying he has connections in the justice system, so I better be careful and he can take her away anytime he wants to.

'I didn't believe him until it happened.'

The sheriff's department told WBRZ that the investigation into Abelseth's claims was open and ongoing - but has not moved since 2015.

Abelseth said she didn't think she could file a criminal complaint against Barnes after the day of the assault, and only found out that the statute of limitations would allow her to do so through a trauma counselor.

'I thought if I didn't do it the next day, there was nothing I could do about it.

'I went to a trauma counselor, and he said, "No, you have 30 years after you turn 18."

Although Barnes has admitted he is the biological father of his child with Abelseth, he has not been charged in connection with her allegations of rape or statutory rape.

Louisiana Foundation Against Sexual Assault attorney Sean Cassidy told WBRZ he had never come across a case like this.

'It seems pretty straight-forward that not only did a crime take place, but as a result of the crime, this person should not have custody of the child,' he told the outlet.

Save Lives advocate Stacie Triche, who has helped Abelseth navigate the legal system as she tries to regain custody of her child, echoed the feeling.

'When I found out she was a rape victim, and this rapist could potentially get full custody, that's when I stepped in and said something has to be done about this,' she told WBRZ.

'She's been forced to pay her perpetrator,' Triche said.

'Forced to pay her rapist child support and legal fees and give up custody of the child that's a product of the rape. It makes no sense.'

Abelseth has appealed Judge Cashe's decision and has a court hearing scheduled for July.

Barnes did not reply to requests for comment from DailyMail.com.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This pretty much sums it up:

Louisiana Foundation Against Sexual Assault attorney Sean Cassidy told WBRZ he had never come across a case like this.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Did good to get his daughter away from the witch.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Rumor has it that she was infatuated with him when she was young and was upset that he refused her advances. She stalked him. One day she was spying on him with high powered vision assistance and watched him masterbate after which he left his place of residence and went to the bar down the street. She broke into his place and took his sperm and impregnated herself.

It looks to me like the entire reason they keep calling this rape is because she was under Louisiana's age of consent, even though she was already 16 at the time. She doesn't allege that it wasn't consensual. She didn't even file a police report on it until 10 years after the fact, and that only because of this custody battle? And now 6 years later than that she wants him charged with rape?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Here's an update to the story:

People
    June 22, 2022

Judge Revokes Ruling to Give Dad Full Custody After Mom's Accusation of Rape Prompted Outcry
    A trial has been set for July 15 to determine custody of the teen girl

A Louisiana judge has reversed an earlier decision granting a father full custody of his daughter after the child's mother accused the man of getting her pregnant by raping her.

Online records obtained by PEOPLE confirm Judge Jeffrey Cashe issued an order Tuesday, temporarily transferring physical custody of Crysta Abelseth and John Barnes' 15-year-old daughter to a third party guardian.

====

July 15, 2022

Battle to get custody of girl in high-profile rape case ends with no resolution after 15 hours

WBRZ
    July 15, 2022

A custody battle that has garnered international attention played out in a southeast Louisiana courtroom for 15 hours Friday, ending without a decision just yet.

That decision should come next week, according to an attorney for Crysta Abelseth.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

There has to be more to this story. Why did a judge give the father full custody in the first place? Chances are pretty slim of any father ever being given full custody unless there's a pretty important reason for the child not to live with their mom.

Whatever that reason was, it's not something that goes away just because the mom now wants to play the rape card like this.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

yeah,,
    Anarchy Princess allegedly has 3 kids..

Poor kids.

She is a Psycho Whackjob that has been stalking the movement..antifa based.

Last edited by pcosmar; 07-26-2022 at 04:05 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    It looks to me like the entire reason they keep calling this rape is because she was under Louisiana's age of consent, even though she was already 16 at the time. She doesn't allege that it wasn't consensual. She didn't even file a police report on it until 10 years after the fact, and that only because of this custody battle? And now 6 years later than that she wants him charged with rape?
    From the article:

Abelseth did not explain whether or not she physically consented to the sexual encounter in 2015 which occurred when she was 16 - a year under the legal age of consent in Louisiana.

In her 2015 police report, she described how she was 'highly intoxicated' when Barnes took her back to his home after meeting her in the bar where she'd been drinking with friends.

'On December 13th, 2005, I was out at a bar with friends. We were drinking and highly intoxicated. The driver left [the other friend] and I at the bar.

If someone is too drunk to give consent that counts are rape regardless of age. I know of a case of a Vanderbilt football player who was convicted of rape even though everyone admitted he was too drunk at the time to know what was going on too.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vanderbilt...berrypi&ia=web

There has to be more to this story. Why did a judge give the father full custody in the first place? Chances are pretty slim of any father ever being given full custody unless there's a pretty important reason for the child not to live with their mom.

Whatever that reason was, it's not something that goes away just because the mom now wants to play the rape card like this.
    Ummm....girl was under legal age and drunk. It's not a "rape card." It's rape. So what if she didn't press charges? This isn't a case where there are any material facts in dispute. You know her age at the time because you know the age of the daughter. You know his age at the time because he's the father as proven by DNA and his own admission. Maybe she wasn't drunk. That's the only think possibly in dispute. Regardless, awarding this dude full custody makes no freaking sense.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

John Barnes hasn't been charged with anything and I wonder if the custody Judge even knew about it.

Barnes has not been charged in connection with the abuse allegations.

Cashe also ordered Abelseth to pay child support to Barnes, who denies all of Abelseth's allegations, calling them "absolutely, unequivocally false" in an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital on Monday.

"It's a lie," Barnes told Fox News Digital. "She was in a bar with a fake ID, telling everyone she was a college student. I had no idea she was 16, and I didn't rape her."

SOURCE:
    https://people.com/crime/judge-revok...pe-accusation/
    Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 07-26-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Did good to get his daughter away from the witch.
    yeah,,
    Anarchy Princess allegedly has 3 kids..

Poor kids.
    I'm curious as to why you hate someone you haven't even met so much?

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    John Barnes hasn't been charged with anything and I wonder if the custody Judge even knew about it.

Barnes has not been charged in connection with the abuse allegations.

Cashe also ordered Abelseth to pay child support to Barnes, who denies all of Abelseth's allegations, calling them "absolutely, unequivocally false" in an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital on Monday.

"It's a lie," Barnes told Fox News Digital. "She was in a bar with a fake ID, telling everyone she was a college student. I had no idea she was 16, and I didn't rape her."

SOURCE:
    https://people.com/crime/judge-revok...pe-accusation/
    In most states even if someone has a fake ID and claims to be 18 or 21 or whatever and that person is under the age of consent you can still be convicted of rape. I think that's ridiculous, but it's the law. But then again it avoids situations like this where, without providing proof of the fake ID, someone claims that as a defense. I'm not saying send dude to prison, but full custody and child support? In a situation like this? And yes I would be pissed if the rolls were reversed and this was a grown ass woman taking advantage of a 16 year old boy and then getting full custody and making the boy pay child support.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    In most states even if someone has a fake ID and claims to be 18 or 21 or whatever and that person is under the age of consent you can still be convicted of rape. I think that's ridiculous, but it's the law. But then again it avoids situations like this where, without providing proof of the fake ID, someone claims that as a defense. I'm not saying send dude to prison, but full custody and child support? In a situation like this? And yes I would be pissed if the rolls were reversed and this was a grown ass woman taking advantage of a 16 year old boy and then getting full custody and making the boy pay child support.
    The daughter is with a third party guardian right now. This is an old story.

People
    June 22, 2022

Judge Revokes Ruling to Give Dad Full Custody After Mom's Accusation of Rape Prompted Outcry

A Louisiana judge has reversed an earlier decision granting a father full custody of his daughter after the child's mother accused the man of getting her pregnant by raping her.

Online records obtained by PEOPLE confirm Judge Jeffrey Cashe issued an order Tuesday, temporarily transferring physical custody of Crysta Abelseth and John Barnes' 15-year-old daughter to a third party guardian.

I have been Observing.
    Posted Last nights Video,,You can recognize her by the 666 on her Forehead.

I have real life experience with real Rapists and those simply convicted of such..

and I have developed a total disgust for the Baby Killing Screaming memies.

I hate the false accusation worse than the rape itself..

Clear enough?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-26-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I have been Observing.
    Posted Last nights Video,,You can recognize her by the 666 on her Forehead.

I have real life experience with real Rapists and those simply convicted of such..

and I have developed a total disgust for the Baby Killing Screaming memies.

I hate the false accusation worse that the rape itself..

Clear enough?
    Except 1) she didn't kill her baby and 2) it's not a false accusation. Dude's a rapist. Maybe you think the age of consent should be lower in Louisiana but it's not. So again, why do you hate her?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 07-26-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    The daughter is with a third party guardian right now. This is an old story.

People
    June 22, 2022

Okay. Thanks for the update. That said my original point still stands. The judge had enough in front of him without the public outcry to know that was a ridiculous ruling. But I know from experience that judges tend to do whatever they want, facts and law be damned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guy need to get 6 to 10 other guys that were bonking her to testify in Court. though it is late in the game,,some may step up.

I doubt he was the first guy she picked up in a Bar.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Guy need to get 6 to 10 other guys that were bonking her to testify in Court. though it is late in the game,,some may step up.

I doubt he was the first guy she picked up in a Bar.
    If those 6 to 10 guys were over 18 that's 6 to 10 more rapists. Your point is?

If those 6 to 10 guys were over 18 that's 6 to 10 more rapists. Your point is?
    only have to be 16 to drive.

and I was served in bars at 16.

And the Point is.. Establish a Promiscuous pattern and Rape Goes away.

The Guy was supporting his Daughter,, until this issue was PUSHED.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

When I was in High school I was dating a girl that was younger (didn't know it)..never did get together with her,, but she wanted to.

After we broke up,, I heard she turned 12 and was dating a Guy in the Air Force,, he had a car.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

To my friend @Anti Federalist, when we do "peaceful separation" you get this one.
    I'm missing something here...

How does wanting peaceful political separation from the Marxist mob lead to more child rape?

How does acknowledging that is has become necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, lead to weird child custody rulings?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm missing something here...

How does wanting peaceful political separation from the Marxist mob lead to more child rape?

How does acknowledging that is has become necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, lead to weird child custody rulings?
    I didn't say anything of the sorts. I just said "You get this one." It's like playing pick up basketball. Some people nobody wants on their team. In other words....I was making a joke...lighten up.

only have to be 16 to drive.

and I was served in bars at 16.

And the Point is.. Establish a Promiscuous pattern and Rape Goes away.

The Guy was supporting his Daughter,, until this issue was PUSHED.
    Not statutory rape. You apparently don't know how that law works.

When I was in High school I was dating a girl that was younger (didn't know it)..never did get together with her,, but she wanted to.

After we broke up,, I heard she turned 12 and was dating a Guy in the Air Force,, he had a car.
    And the guy in the Air Force with a car, assuming that he was over 18 and didn't get in through some sort of age exception, was guilty of statutory rape if he slept with her. If we cross the line with "It ain't so bad when men sleep with 12 year old girls if they really really want it and are promiscuous" then we can't complain when the rainbow coalition lets NAMBLA back in. Glad you weren't over 18 when you were dating her and glad you ultimately didn't sleep with her. Chalk one up for good morals saving your butt. No need to be hypothesizing over "what if" you had been a bit more carnal.

I didn't say anything of the sorts. I just said "You get this one." It's like playing pick up basketball. Some people nobody wants on their team. In other words....I was making a joke...lighten up.
    I misread your comment...my mistake.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the article:

If someone is too drunk to give consent that counts are rape regardless of age. I know of a case of a Vanderbilt football player who was convicted of rape even though everyone admitted he was too drunk at the time to know what was going on too.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vanderbilt...berrypi&ia=web

Ummm....girl was under legal age and drunk. It's not a "rape card." It's rape. So what if she didn't press charges? This isn't a case where there are any material facts in dispute. You know her age at the time because you know the age of the daughter. You know his age at the time because he's the father as proven by DNA and his own admission. Maybe she wasn't drunk. That's the only think possibly in dispute. Regardless, awarding this dude full custody makes no freaking sense.
    If it was rape and she was so traumatized by it she wouldn’t have waited so long to make that claim. She’s weaponizing her own sexual and irresponsible
    decisions to shut the dad out of his daughter’s life.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    If it was rape and she was so traumatized by it she wouldn’t have waited so long to make that claim. She’s weaponizing her own sexual and irresponsible
    decisions to shut the dad out of his daughter’s life.
    OMFG! People react to trauma different ways! You have NO clue as to what the hell you are talking about! I was molested as a child and I blocked it out of my mind until the molester apologized years later. And you and @pcosmar are full of crap talking about her trying to shut this man out of her daughter's life. HE WAS THE ONE GOING FOR FULL CUSTODY! This isn't a "if it was rape" case. IT WAS RAPE! There is NO denying that fact. The POS that did this to her can't deny the fact. Saying "I didn't know she was only 16" doesn't change the fact that it was rape. I hope you don't have a daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I misread your comment...my mistake.
    That's cool. On a side note you also get Judge Roy Moore and anybody in this thread that thinks that a grown ass man impregnating a 16 year old girl somehow might not be rape. Sorry but I don't won't allow that in my partition. I've got to find a way to claim R Kelly is white. Let me think on that.

If someone is too drunk to give consent that counts are rape regardless of age.
    I disagree. If a person voluntarily gets drunk, then when they make that choice they take on the responsibility of the choices they make in the inebriated state they chose to get in. If he had somehow manipulated her to get drunk or roofied her that would be different. And the fact that she had just been in a bar where she apparently was able to pass for drinking age (again, by her own choice) makes it really hard for me to blame him for treating her like an adult.

Ummm....girl was under legal age and drunk. It's not a "rape card."
    Under an age that politicians arbitrarily made up, and drunk because she went to a bar, pretended to be older, and got herself drunk there.

She needs to take responsibility for her own choices. 16-year olds have sex all the time. Almost half of all teenagers are sexually active by that age. They're not all rape victims.
    Ron Paul

Not statutory rape. You apparently don't know how that law works.
    You started this thread off by saying the following:
    To my friend @Matt Collins, please explain why this "justice" is better than what the so called "anarchist mob" would do.
    And now you're appealing to the made up laws of the state of Louisiana as the basis for calling what happened rape.

I don't think there's any dispute that what happened is something that those made up laws call "rape." What is disputed is whether or not it really was rape.
    Ron Paul

Regardless, awarding this dude full custody makes no freaking sense.
    I would need to know more facts about both him and her as parents in the here and now, as opposed to focusing on something they both did 16 years ago, before I could pass judgment on that point.

It's very possible that the reason it makes sense to give him custody is because it makes even less sense to give her custody. There had to be some reason he was granted full custody, and it's sure not because the system is biased in favor of dads for that.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-27-2022 at 07:00 AM.
    Ron Paul

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast