Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I'm pretty sure the true believers are experience a net gain as they watch the end of the dollar hegemony. Crypto is only a small part of the event as per Dr Ron Paul...
    I'm quite aware of what is going on, thanks. Probably more so than 99% of the people that post here. They should be putting their dying dollars into something real, not something that completely and utterly exists in their minds and in the cloud. Their gains aren't even paper gains. The gains are purely in their heads and can be manipulated accordingly.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-23-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm quite aware of what is going on, thanks. Probably more so than 99% of the people that post here. They should be putting their dying dollars into something real, not something that completely and utterly exists in their minds and in the cloud. Their gains aren't even paper gains. The gains are purely in their heads and can be manipulated accordingly.
    I would bet that most of the people in crypto are the types to diversify their holdings when they take profits...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Some of the transaction fee issue may be a plague of suspicious behavior just to increase the fees. It seems like just the thing to do to drop the price of bitcoin. Or perhaps to try to make bitcoin look bad while encouraging the use of other coins.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/analy...es-spike-to-16
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Some of the transaction fee issue may be a plague of suspicious behavior just to increase the fees. It seems like just the thing to do to drop the price of bitcoin. Or perhaps to try to make bitcoin look bad while encouraging the use of other coins.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/analy...es-spike-to-16
    yea lots of miner manipulations are possible.

people have to learn the reasons why a coin is valuable and not take too much heed to the price

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    $13,910
    Looks to be tanking again today. Broke well below 12k mark earlier according to ccn.com live tracker.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I would agree with this.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, all the original uses for Bitcoin are gone. Anonymity, ease of use, cost per transaction. The only thing left is that it's going up. Personally I don't think it will crash until after the holidays but we'll see.

Think about this. Eventually bitcoin is going to stop going up, the very best case scenario is that it stays even for several years. Suppose 2,3,4,5 years from now it's still around 15k. Why own it then?
    At that point why not own stocks that pay a dividend or gold that has real value and a floor on its price?

Anyway that last point was just a random thought. Ultimately my objection to bitcoin is fundamental. It has no value in and of itself.
    Exactly

People eventually realized they were just tulips (and tulips had a floor).

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Exactly

It is hard to know if Bitcoin is a bubble. After all "Bitcoin enthusiasts" and "Analytics geeks" tell me Bitcoin is involved with revolutionary "s-curve adoption." Maybe we are living in a new paradigm. https://medium.com/@mcasey0827/specu...y-2eed48ecf7da

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

It is hard to know if Bitcoin is a bubble. After all "Bitcoin enthusiasts" and "Analytics geeks" tell me Bitcoin is involved with revolutionary "s-curve adoption." Maybe we are living in a new paradigm. https://medium.com/@mcasey0827/specu...y-2eed48ecf7da
    Sorta like how the "internet bubble" popped back in 2000 before it actually got really big?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sorta like how the "internet bubble" popped back in 2000 before it actually got really big?
    Yeah. That is the exact comparison I have in my mind.

Why would you put internet bubble in quotes? It WAS a bubble. It did pop. Amazon WAS a bubble. Bitcoin IS a bubble. There is NEVER a reason to sit through 40% correction in anything let alone a 95% correction in Amazon. Ever. You think George Soros rides out 50-80% drops in anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Yeah. That is the exact comparison I have in my mind.

Why would you put internet bubble in quotes? It WAS a bubble. It did pop. Amazon WAS a bubble. Bitcoin IS a bubble. There is NEVER a reason to sit through 40% correction in anything let alone a 95% correction in Amazon. Ever. You think George Soros rides out 50-80% drops in anything?
    Amazon was about $4.50 some time in 1999, if you bought in and took some profits up at around $100 in 2000 before it popped, then it went back down to $15, and you bought more or held on, it would now be worth over $1,000. That's a pretty good investment, a lot better than a typical mutual fund. Even better than LTC meteoric rise so far which went from around $4 to $400 recently (and has pulled back a bit, but still over $250). Sure it would have been great to do something else with your money from 2000 - 2008, but if you didn't get back in to amazon in time you would have missed it..

Sure, hindsight is great, if you could have sold it all at $100 and waited till it dipped to $15 to buy back in that would have been even better, but to say "oh it's a bubble, I'm going to completely avoid this investment" essentially thinking you know what the market price is going to be the next day is very difficult ahead of time.

So I am going to divert back to the last meme I posted... if you can't handle the 20% drops (or 75% drops like I've been through) then you don't deserve the 600% gains.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-24-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, all the originals al uses for Bitcoin are gone. Anonymity, ease of use, cost per transaction. The only thing left is that it's going up. Personally I don't think it will crash until after the holidays but we'll see.

Think about this. Eventually bitcoin is going to stop going up, the very best case scenario is that it stays even for several years. Suppose 2,3,4,5 years from now it's still around 15k. Why own it then? At that point why not own stocks that pay a dividend or gold that has real value and a floor on its price?

Anyway that last point was just a random thought. Ultimately my objection to bitcoin is fundamental. It has no value in and of itself.
    Yeah but you forgot about the part that it has been adopted voluntarily by the market and not forced upon the people by the banks.

Money is whatever people agree to use.

You have a bunch of people who've decided that crypto is preferable to the old central banking cartel controlled money and are trying to compete with it.

That this is happening in our time and has had ANY success is amazing in itself.

Yeah but you forgot about the part that it has been adopted voluntarily by the market and not forced upon the people by the banks.

Money is whatever people agree to use.

You have a bunch of people who've decided that crypto is preferable to the old central banking cartel controlled money and are trying to compete with it.

That this is happening in our time and has had ANY success is amazing in itself.
    Bitcoin has not been adopted as money.

Very few people ever used it as money; now, virtually no one does (high fees, absurd volatility).

It's beanie babies or tulips, except those things at least had some baseline value as consumer goods.

Bitcoin has not been adopted as money.

Very few people ever used it as money; now, virtually no one does (high fees, absurd volatility).

It's beanie babies or tulips, except those things at least had some baseline value as consumer goods.
    I'm having trouble conveying this by writing I guess, I'll try again.

In a general sense:

You literally have millions of people whove decided that this is the new money any are taking power from the old corrupt guard by participating in the crypto thing. The end game (if it makes it that far) is the total discrediting of fiat money and the adoption of money selected by the market.

Whether or not the transition is bloody, I have no idea. I certainly won't be a smooth ride imho.

In a general sense:

You literally have millions of people whove decided that this is the new money any are taking power from the old corrupt guard by participating in the crypto thing. The end game (if it makes it that far) is the total discrediting of fiat money and the adoption of money selected by the market.

Whether or not the transition is bloody, I have no idea. I certainly won't be a smooth ride imho.
    No, you have millions of people speculating that the price of bitcoin will increase; they're not using it as money.

No, you have millions of people speculating that the price of bitcoin will increase; they're not using it as money.
    of course they aren't, its all absolutely absurd, but that doesn't mean it won't shoot up to 100k before its all said and done, retarded or not.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    LOL

In a general sense:

Thread Winner^

Looks to be tanking again today. Broke well below 12k mark earlier according to ccn.com live tracker.
    $14,274

In a general sense:

Millions? Really? Are you including people in countries other than the US?

Never mind that they're deciding to adopt the banker's new fake currency like good sheeple do.

$14,274
    Such a stable store of value

You clearly have problems seeing the future potential. i firmly believe the future price is going to be:

A fourteen fold annual increase in value is certainly nothing any reasonable person would tolerate from their store of value. Far too unstable.
    Last edited by anaconda; 12-25-2017 at 07:19 PM.

you are blind.

I use crypto as money. store of value. means of exchange. unit of account.

You are a stupid dumb old hillary shill. You cannot possibly see it because you work for the current system.

But I use crypto as money and so do many people around the world. Younger people than myself who understand the current system $#@!s them.

Anyone who used crypto knows what I am talking about. The conversion rate is 99%

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    of course they aren't, its all absolutely absurd, but that doesn't mean it won't shoot up to 100k before its all said and done, retarded or not.
    it is wrong.

Store of value: my crypto is gaining value. my wealth is preserved.

Means of Exchange: I can exchange crypto for services and goods. Right now.

Unit of account: I value alt coins in satoshis. BTC is de facto the standard unit of account to value other crypto currencies. All exchanges value crypto assets relative to BTC. So there you have it.

You don't want to see it. But Bitcoin is money.

Millions? Really? Are you including people in countries other than the US?

I've explained this to you like 5 times.. every time anybody makes the "The govt. will make it illegal!!" argument, it's like, who cares?? Bitcoin is a global phenomenon, if one government outlaws it, then it is like a animal balloon it will just make it that much more powerful everywhere else.. Plus, it's really difficult to outlaw, China has already tried..

So the question to you is, why the $#@! WOULDN'T you include people in countries other than the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    you are blind.

I use crypto as money. store of value. means of exchange. unit of account.

You are a stupid dumb old hillary shill. You cannot possibly see it because you work for the current system.

But I use crypto as money and so do many people around the world. Younger people than myself who understand the current system $#@!s them.

Anyone who used crypto knows what I am talking about. The conversion rate is 99%

I've explained this to you like 5 times.. every time anybody makes the "The govt. will make it illegal!!" argument, it's like, who cares?? Bitcoin is a global phenomenon, if one government outlaws it, then it is like a animal balloon it will just make it that much more powerful everywhere else.. Plus, it's really difficult to outlaw, China has already tried..

So the question to you is, why the $#@! WOULDN'T you include people in countries other than the US?
    Dannno, were you always a shill for globalists or was it only since Trump became President of the corporation? Obviously you're super psyched about testing their new global currency and supporting the Orange Obama so one has to wonder.

A fourteen fold annual increase in value is certainly nothing any reasonable person would tolerate from their store of value. Far too unstable.
    Is that supposed to prove that it's a stable store of value? Up 14x in months and now swings 10-20% daily? Who would possibly accept a currency that moves 20% in a single day??
    Last edited by devil21; 12-25-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast