Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA Caves On "Bump Fire Stocks," Says They Should Be "Subject To Additional Regulations"

Angry NRA Caves On "Bump Fire Stocks," Says They Should Be "Subject To Additional Regulations"

Following the tragic events in Las Vegas, which were seemingly made even worse by a product that most people didn't even know existed a couple of days ago, and ramped-up calls for new gun restrictions from Democrats, the National Rifle Association has just caved and called for "additional regulations" on "bump fire stocks" which effectively serve to allow semi-automatic weapons to function as fully-automatic.

Here is the full statement from the NRA:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented."

"Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world.

In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

"In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities."

"To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."
    More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...al-regulations
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many lives will be saved. Approximately 3 full schoolbuses of children, IMO. If not more.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

One of the dealers who sold the Vegas shooter said that hardly anybody buys them anymore (though the publicity from this shooting may cause a new demand spike).

Of course they did. About when did the NRA flip to propaganda for fake-o Neocons, instead of a watchdog for the second amendment?

Thats one I've been looking into for a couple years...

And obviously these aren't protected by the 2nd amendment, because noone needs a bump-fire weapon for hunting and/or Olympic target shooting, which is what the 2nd amendment is intended to protect
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Who cares? No professional shooter or soldier wants fully automatic fire. Hell in Vietnam they originally deployed M16s that were fully automatic. They found that they wasted so many rounds and didn't hit $#@! that they transitioned to 3 round burst.

I am fine if they get rid of 'bump stocks'.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Of course they did. About when did the NRA flip to propaganda for fake-o Neocons, instead of a watchdog for the second amendment?

Thats one I've been looking into for a couple years...
    They were started by Yankee generals, so they were undoubtedly corrupt from the very beginning.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Who cares? No professional shooter or soldier wants fully automatic fire. Hell in Vietnam they originally deployed M16s that were fully automatic. They found that they wasted so many rounds and didn't hit $#@! that they transitioned to 3 round burst.

It's called cover fire, not every soldier needs it but it is useful, that is why the army issues LMGs, MMGs, and HMGs to some of the troops.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They were started by Yankee generals, so they were undoubtedly corrupt from the very beginning.
    When did they become the Playboy for Neocons though?

Gentlemen please, I believe the correct nomenclature is slide fire and not bump fire. :P

Lets ban oak.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-05-2017 at 02:16 PM.

It's called cover fire, not every soldier needs it but it is useful, that is why the army issues LMGs, MMGs, and HMGs to some of the troops.
    Yeah no $#@!. I was infantry in the army. Bump stocks should never have been legal in the first place. Fully automatic weapons have no place domestically. Not even FBI HRT teams have fully automatic weapons. No law enforcement, local, state, or federal has them and neither should Joe Dip$#@!.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Yeah no $#@!. I was infantry in the army. Bump stocks should never have been legal in the first place. Fully automatic weapons have no place domestically. Not even FBI HRT teams have fully automatic weapons. No law enforcement, local, state, or federal has them and neither should Joe Dip$#@!.
    THE PRIMARY PURPOSE of the 2nd Amendment is to allow a 2nd Revolution against tyranny, the people MUST be allowed weapons of war.

We have a LONG way to go to not only repeal gun laws but also legalize other weapons.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 10-05-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I much prefer the thought of Joe Dip$#@! having better weapons than the government than vice-versa

Molon Labe! Come and Take Them!

The NRA will support any 2nd amendment infringements that the globalist GOP Rockefeller Republican neocons want.

The NRA is the GOP version of The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. They suck!

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I think they've been sellouts for a long time.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Every American should be able to arm themselves with the equivalent of the weapons of a US Army fire team. That is select fire carbines, automatic machine guns and grenade launchers.
    The thought of this and that they may be used for nefarious purposes doesn't scare me a wit. Fear erodes liberty and the responsibility that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The NRA should be pushing CALExit etc., let the libs have gun control and LET US GO!

I want to believe Heston would have.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Congrats to the NRA.

They are the nations largest gun control organization.

Let's bring back "sportsman's rights" as the core focus.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

People are pissed. Mainline NRA members are posting pictures of burning their NRA material. The grassroots need to stand up and let our politicians know if they vote to give away another inch......

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The spin is that the NRA is saying this to deter Congress from doing anything on the issue.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) released a statement on October 5 calling on Congress to allow the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) re-evaluate bump stocks while Congress gets on with the work people have been waiting for since January 3: national reciprocity.

In other words, the NRA is calling on members of Congress to squash talk of more gun control by moving the bump stock discussion back where it began in 2010: with the ATF.
    More: http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...l-reciprocity/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Every American should be able to arm themselves with the equivalent of the weapons of a US Army fire team. That is select fire carbines, automatic machine guns and grenade launchers.
    The thought of this and that they may be used for nefarious purposes doesn't scare me a wit. Fear erodes liberty and the responsibility that comes with it.
    This is the Second Amendment.

This is also a Free Man.

Anything else is second rate Bill of Privileges bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The spin is that the NRA is saying this to deter Congress from doing anything on the issue.
    "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

WHAT PART OF THOSE TWO WORDS DO THEY THINK IS A GOOD IDEA?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The principle is the same.

Whether its a firearm or an accessory, the anti-gunners are blaming an inanimate object, not an individual, in their never ending quest to disarm the American public.

We cant give them an inch.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why Do The Philadelphia Police Have 1,356 Full-Auto M-16s?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ll-auto-m-16s/

Robert Farago
    April 18, 2013

$#@! the NRAint.

Theyre a bunch of Judas Goat motherfuckers.

There are good, sincere members but the leadership is full of Commie scumbags.

Their history says it all:

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3247
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Youre just simply wrong.

Anyone should own whatever they choose to own.

Civilians/the militia should be better armed than agents of the State.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The principle is the same.

Whether its a firearm or an accessory, the anti-gunners are blaming an inanimate object, not an individual, in their never ending quest to disarm the American public.

We cant give them an inch.
    This!

Not an inch, no retreat and to hell with those who say "this isn't the hill to die on".

If you give the Bolshevik left this one thing, they will smell the blood in the water and push for more and more Draconian gun control going forward, up to and including attacks and shootings designed to push the agenda forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This!

Not an inch, no retreat and to hell with those who say "this isn't the hill to die on".

If you give the Bolshevik left this one thing, they will smell the blood in the water and push for more and more Draconian gun control going forward, up to and including attacks and shootings designed to push the agenda forward.
    Whats the difference between banning a stock, a magazine or a firearm?

None of these items are capable of doing anything on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Youre just simply wrong.

Anyone should own whatever they choose to own.

Civilians/the militia should be better armed than agents of the State.
    We can agree to disagree. I don't think just anyone should be able to have Stinger Missiles, F16 Fighter Jets, Battleships, Nukes, or any of the other advanced weapons of war. You and I disagree on where the line is drawn. I state those things above to demonstrate the principle. I think there is a court case that spell it out somewhere, hat tip to anyone that can find it, but the 2nd amendment applies to the standard modern infantry rifle, in this case an M4/M16 platform semi-automatic rifle with single/3-round burst options.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast