Thread: Pentagon mulls plans to send troops to protect US Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine.

Thumbs down Pentagon mulls plans to send troops to protect US Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...bassy-in-kyiv/

Pentagon working on plans to send troops to protect US Embassy in Kyiv

Plans to send U.S. forces back into Ukraine to guard the recently reopened American Embassy in Kyiv are “underway at a relatively low level,” Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Monday.

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that officials are mulling plans to send special forces to Kyiv to guard the U.S. Embassy. The effort is a delicate one, as it requires balancing the safety of American diplomats while avoiding what Russia could see as an escalation.

“Some of the things that may have been out there in the media, those are planning efforts that are underway at a relatively low level,” Milley told reporters at the Pentagon, seeming to refer to the Journal’s report.

Such plans “have not yet made it to [Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin] or myself for that matter, for refinement of courses of action and what’s needed,” he noted.

Milley added that any reintroduction of U.S. forces into Ukraine would require a presidential decision.

“We’re a ways away from anything like that. We’re still developing courses of action, and none of that has been presented yet to the secretary,” he said.

The Biden administration last week reopened the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv after closing it ahead of Russia’s Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine.

The embassy’s security currently comes from the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service, the Journal reported.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody who supports sending troops to defend Ukraine is no American.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

We already have troops on the ground in Ukraine, so why not a few more ?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Wonderful idea. Mitch McConnell, Chuckie Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi need to have their cronies, lobbyists, and special interests draft up a 5000 page spending bill for $100 billion to pay for it. Congress can read the bill after it passes Congress and Biden signs it. Just kidding, no one will ever know what’s in it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We already have troops on the ground in Ukraine, so why not a few more ?
    That is always the damn problem.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

This $hit has me wishing Russia would actually take off the kid gloves and pound the place into silence.

and they didn't even do that to Azovstal.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    This $hit has me wishing Russia would actually take off the kid gloves and pound the place into silence.

and they didn't even do that to Azovstal.
    Pretty much just need to level Kiev to the ground I think, to deliver the message appropriately.

Which I have suspected from the beginning, is inevitably what is going to happen.

With that said... how many "troops" does Ukraine have left anyway? ("troops" in quotes... as a lot of them have basically no military training)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Since 2014, 23,000 Ukrainian troops from 17 battalions and 11 brigades have trained with the Joint Multinational Training Mission Ukraine. The group operated out of a training base near the western Ukrainian city of Lviv. The U.S. invested about $126 million in efforts related to the training, Hilbert said.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Since 2014, 23,000 Ukrainian troops from 17 battalions and 11 brigades have trained with the Joint Multinational Training Mission Ukraine. The group operated out of a training base near the western Ukrainian city of Lviv. The U.S. invested about $126 million in efforts related to the training, Hilbert said.
    2500 of the remaining surrendered at Azovstal. (after the hostages were released,)

Terrorist training is not good military training.

from a purely Tactical standpoint,,How did anyone ever believe that Ukraine had a chance in hell of defeating Russia?

Some were convinced of such. The Ukraine was going to DESTROY Russia.
    can you conceive the level(lack of) of intelligence involved.?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Putin probably knows more about what is actually happening in the US than most people in the US.

I thought every embassy already had marines that guard it?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    2500 of the remaining surrendered at Azovstal. (after the hostages were released,)

Terrorist training is not good military training.

from a purely Tactical standpoint,,How did anyone ever believe that Ukraine had a chance in hell of defeating Russia?

Some were convinced of such. The Ukraine was going to DESTROY Russia.
    can you conceive the level(lack of) of intelligence involved.?
    I guess they assumed the massive amount of equipment the West had been supplying Ukraine since 2014, was worth a $#@!.

Looks like, well, no .
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Putin probably knows more about what is actually happening in the US than most people in the US.
    Given how stupid the average American is, that's probably not that far off from the truth.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-24-2022 at 07:57 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Probably the dumbest career choice anyone could make right now is to enlist.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Probably the dumbest career choice anyone could make right now is to enlist.
    Yeah you'd have to be incredibly stupid to want to go fight Russia to protect Ukraine.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Yeah you'd have to be incredibly stupid to want to go fight Russia to protect Ukraine.
    Russia, in a matter of weeks, will have near FIFTY Sarmat-2's in service. Alone, that is enough to craterize all NATO countries
    without even using any of their thousands more ICBMs.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I thought every embassy already had marines that guard it?
    State Department security forces but they want more.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!