Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul as Donald Trump VP???

Ron Paul as Donald Trump VP???

I doubted it at first but I am now convinced.

Lew Rockwell has his head up his a$$.

Why does he allow this garbage on his site?

This is strange though considering he works for Ron Paul's institute...........

Trump is almost surely the Republican Party nominee, which is why attention is turning to his VP choice. This is an extremely important decision for him. He could easily undo himself and hurt his chances by the wrong choice. He’s not the favorite to win right now, according to Predictit.To make headway, his natural choice is Ron Paul. Choosing him sends a clear message that Trump intends to create different policies that break with the past. It’s a choice that defines Trump’s differences from the putative Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton.
    Other names being mentioned do nothing but undermine Trump’s own agenda by sending the opposite message. Among the Old Guard or ones with name recognition, the ones mentioned in the media that he definitely should avoid are Marco Rubio, John Kasich, Chris Cristie, Newt Gingrich, Tom Ridge, Ben Carson, Jeff Sessions, John Bolton, Kobe Bryant, Robert Gates, Mitch Daniels, and Ted Cruz. There is also a list of newbies whose images, names and ideas are less well-known and/or require definition. I won’t go into those other than to say that these are weak choices almost by definition, along the lines of Nixon choosing the unknown Agnew. These unknowns would have to be advertised and defined. They pale in comparison to Ron Paul. Ron Paul already has a great deal of national name recognition. He has tremendous integrity and consistency.
    Choosing Ron Paul would not be a business-as-usual choice of a VP candidate. It would be a political act of enormous importance in and of itself. It would make a decisive break with the past, with progressivism, with fiscal and monetary recklessness, and with continual war. It would signal the end of an era and the beginning of a new era. It would define a clear choice for voting Americans.
    Link: https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...-choice-trump/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's just blargh to get former Ron Paul supporters to get behind Trump. It's not going to happen.

Well, if that isn't a jump the shark, nuke the fridge type moment...

And also to keep Ron Paul fans clicking to his site.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    And also to keep Ron Paul fans clicking to his site.
    And this. He must be missing the clicks.

Nope. Not going to happen.
    "I am a bird"

Has he spoken to Ron lately? Has he missed all of Ron's warnings about The Donald? Did he slip and fall on his head at some point?

I hope Trump has a joint press conference with Lew Rockwell to invite Ron Paul to be his VP candidate and Ron Paul has a press conference in reply to say no to them both in a highly insulting way.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's just blargh to get former Ron Paul supporters to get behind Trump. It's not going to happen.
    Yup, simple as that.

Lew's a Trumpbot, has been since last year.

My only question is whether he's actually abandoned libertarianism or if he's just trying to increase traffic on his website.

...either way, heinous and unforgivable.

Now I have seen everything here. People actually bitching about Ron being selected as VP.

Just proves where peoples allegiances are and the threat that Ron would pose actually having some power and influence as VP rather than a powerless private citizen with a blog.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Now I have seen everything here. People actually bitching about Ron being selected as VP.

Just proves where peoples allegiances are and the threat that Ron would pose actually having some power and influence as VP rather than a powerless private citizen with a blog.
    That's not what is happening here and you know it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

sad. this is bad for the mises institute.

Choosing Ron Paul would not be a business-as-usual choice of a VP candidate. It would be a political act of enormous importance in and of itself. It would make a decisive break with the past, with progressivism, with fiscal and monetary recklessness, and with continual war. It would signal the end of an era and the beginning of a new era. It would define a clear choice for voting Americans.
    Which is exactly why you and some here oppose it.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Michael Rozeff wrote the blog entry, not Lew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Which is exactly why you and some here oppose it.
    In what ways does Trump differ from Hillary on policy?

It would make a decisive break with the past, with progressivism, with fiscal and monetary recklessness, and with continual war
    Trump is a progressive, a proponent of fiscal and monetary recklessness, who's supported these continual wars.

You know, this site can raise a $#@! ton of money if we start charging these people for posting these idiotic Trump related threads. Also, anyone else worried that a lot of former Ron Paul supporters have stopped taking their psychotropic medications?

I don't know about you, but anyone who takes this headline seriously is surely off his meds and that worries me a lot. Ron Paul is OUT, O U T of politics, he is not coming back to Rand, not for his lovely grand children or supporter and definitely not for the Buffoon Trump. Get that into your thick, empty cranium containers idiots.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You know, this site can raise a $#@! ton of money if we start charging these people for posting these idiotic Trump related threads. Also, anyone else worried that a lot of former Ron Paul supporters have stopped taking their psychotropic medications?

I don't know about you, but anyone who takes this headline seriously is surely off his meds and that worries me a lot. Ron Paul is OUT, O U T of politics, he is not coming back to Rand, not for his lovely grand children or supporter and definitely not for the Buffoon Trump. Get that into your thick, empty cranium containers idiots.
    I don't see how this thread is idiotic. I think the idea of Ron Paul being Trumps VP is stupid, that is why I made the thread. I don't like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Ron Paul is OUT, O U T of politics, he is not coming back to Rand, not for his lovely grand children or supporter and definitely not for the Buffoon Trump. Get that into your thick, empty cranium containers idiots.
    For once I agree with you on this part at least. But I am not going to bitch and moan about someone wanting Ron as VP as if that would be a bad thing.

For once I agree with you on this part at least. But I am not going to bitch and moan about someone wanting Ron as VP as if that would be a bad thing.
    Are you seriously going to sit there and pretend that this article is about making Ron the VP, and not about promoting Trump to Paulites?

I know you aren't dumb enough to not see the reality.

So you must think we're all pretty $#@!ing stupid to buy this bull$#@!.

I don't think people are bitching about Ron being a VP, but rather they are bitching about Lew Rockwell's site going down the toilet with speculation that will never bear fruit.

Actually, I would support Ron or Rand being Trump's VP. Cause Trump is in his 70s, and I'm really not sure he survives the term. But its not going to happen, mostly because either could not be a soldier as a VP has to be, at least for Trump. So, nevermind.

I really wish the liberty movement would ditch the Lewciferians and the Kochtopus. Didn't they read Wendy McElroy on the Lewciferians? Lew just wants on another white nat gravy train like those newsletters.

A VP doesn't do anything anyway. His only job is to hide in a bunker for 4 years in case the president gets shot. And break ties in the Senate, which pretty much never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    A VP doesn't do anything anyway. His only job is to hide in a bunker for 4 years in case the president gets shot. And break ties in the Senate, which pretty much never happens.
    But sometimes the president does get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    I don't see how this thread is idiotic. I think the idea of Ron Paul being Trumps VP is stupid, that is why I made the thread. I don't like Trump.
    Sorry man, misread that post. Oh well, I will make it up to you later on. Turns out that it is the people at lewrockwell that needs to take their medication. Sad for all of us, these people are the intellectual stewards on the libertarian movement.

God help us all.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    But sometimes the president does get shot.
    I'm pretty sure if Ron Paul were VP, Donald Trump would not get shot. The globalists fear Ron Paul even more than they fear Trump.

In any case, the VP's role necessitates that he stays out of the public eye. It would be a very unfulfilling position for Ron Paul, as he would have had more influence over matters when he was a mere Congressman.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-04-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Michael Rozeff wrote the blog entry, not Lew.
    Yes, published under Lew Rockwell's name and brand. Sadly LR has shown his true colors this political season.

Agree. However if by some strange alignment of the planets this actually DID happen I'd vote for trump in the hopes that he would have a massive heart attack and Ron could take control before the CIA assassinated him...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Yes, published under Lew Rockwell's name and brand. Sadly LR has shown his true colors this political season.
    Lew's been Trump humping for nearly a year, true. But the bloggers have a decent level of autonomy over their posts. Lew shouldn't receive the blame for this when someone else wrote the material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Lew's been Trump humping for nearly a year, true. But the bloggers have a decent level of autonomy over their posts. Lew shouldn't receive the blame for this when someone else wrote the material.
    I agree with this to a degree but it just further goes to show where LR is headed.

He could choose Rand as VP but Kasich makes more sense because of Ohio.

Ron should be appointed head of the Treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Agree. However if by some strange alignment of the planets this actually DID happen I'd vote for trump in the hopes that he would have a massive heart attack and Ron could take control before the CIA assassinated him...
    Last edited by unknown; 05-04-2016 at 06:52 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast