Thread: Neocons get together and party (POLITCO)

Neocons get together and party (POLITCO)

This reads like a who's who of the corrupt and powerful. Mostly neocons and people close to Trump. R and D's, it does NOT matter. Bipartisan robbery.

Guest of honor was Senator Mitt Romney

---
    SEN. MITT ROMNEY (R-Utah) was the keynote speaker at the Alfalfa dinner. One of his top lines: Everyone’s worried about artificial intelligence and robots taking over the world. That’s not true or I would be president now.

-- ROMNEY’S GUEST at the dinner was Ben Stiller.

SPOTTED at the Cafe Milano Alfafa Dinner after-party hosted by Yousef Al-Otaiba, Robert Johnson, Catherine Reynolds, Jim Jones, John Rogers, Robert Allbritton, Deborah Lehr, Franco Nuschese and Bret Baier: Bob Woodward chatting with Defense Secretary Mark Esper and John Kerry, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Hilary Geary Ross, HHS Secretary Alex Azar, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, HUD Secretary Ben Carson, Robert O’Brien, Kellyanne Conway, Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Chris Coons (D-Del.), Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Debbie Meadows, Joe Lieberman ...

... Colin Powell, David and Kellie Urban, Norah O'Donnell, Mark Wallace, Ja’Ron Smith, Mark Ein, Glen Johnson, Tom Nides, David Petraeus, Dina Powell McCormick and David McCormick, Mike Allen, Jonathan Karl, Hilary Rosen, Cal Ripkin Jr., Ulrich Brechbuhl and Terry McAuliffe.

SPOTTED at Jeff Bezos’ Kalorama house last night for an Alfalfa Dinner after-party: Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, Elaine Chao, Kellyanne Conway, Jim Mattis, Bill Gates, Lauren Sanchez, Jamie Dimon, David Rubenstein, David Solomon, John Rogers, Norah O'Donnell, Jared Cohen, Jonathan Karl, Dina Powell McCormick and David McCormick, Fred Ryan, John Waldron, Steve and Jean Case, Robert Allbritton, Barbie Allbritton, Paul and Janna Ryan, Josh Bolten, Jay Carney and Claire Shipman, Geoff Morrell and Chris Nassetta.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...alfalfa-488151
    Last edited by Warlord; 01-26-2020 at 10:33 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Brian4Liberty do you recognize anyone on the list ? Lots of special interests I think,.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    This reads like a who's who of the corrupt and powerful. Mostly neocons and people close to Trump. R and D's, it does NOT matter. Bipartisan robbery.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

Would have been amazing if a bunch of liberty lovers were to crash that party.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

@Brian4Liberty do you recognize anyone on the list ? Lots of special interests I think,.
    Looks more swampy than neoconservative, although there is plenty of overlap.

The Alfalfa Club is a social club that exists only to hold an annual black tie banquet on the last Saturday of January at the Capital Hilton in Washington D.C., with an after-party at a local restaurant.[2] The banquet, which lasts 4 hours, features music by the United States Marine Band as well as a political roast. There are approximately 200 members of the club, all of them influential politicians and business executives. The club has an invitation system; members are required to be invited to join.[3] Invitations are extended to prospective members annually to fill the spots of recently deceased members. Several Presidents of the United States have been members of the club. The press is not allowed to attend the banquet.
    One of the evening's activities includes the playful nomination of a presidential candidate by the Club's leadership. The candidate is then required to make a speech. Several such candidates became President of the United States after being nominated, including Richard Nixon in 1965 (elected in 1968), Ronald Reagan in 1974 (elected in 1980), and George W. Bush in 1998 (elected in 2000).[1] In 1969, it nominated Harold Stassen.[6] In 2004, the Club nominated Jack Valenti, the former president of the Motion Picture Association of America. Its 2000 nomination was Australian-born James Wolfensohn, constitutionally ineligible for election to the U.S. presidency.[1] In 2001, the presidential nomination went to John McCain. In 2011, Sandra Day O’Connor became the first female president of the club.[7] In 2017, Michael Bloomberg was elected president of the club.[8] In 2018, John Kerry was elected president. In 2019, Mitt Romney was elected. In 2020, David Rubenstein was elected.
    The club was formed by four southerners in the Willard Hotel to celebrate the birthday of Confederate Civil War General Robert E. Lee.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfalfa_Club
    Hmmm. Michael Bloomberg?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Looks more swampy than neoconservative, although there is plenty of overlap.

Hmmm. Michael Bloomberg?
    Bezos has bought a huge mansion in DC. I guess he's after some large gov't cloud contracts.

@Firestarter might recognize these luminaries

SPOTTED at the Cafe Milano Alfafa Dinner after-party hosted by Yousef Al-Otaiba, Robert Johnson, Catherine Reynolds, Jim Jones, John Rogers, Robert Allbritton, Deborah Lehr, Franco Nuschese and Bret Baier: Bob Woodward chatting with Defense Secretary Mark Esper and John Kerry, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Hilary Geary Ross, HHS Secretary Alex Azar, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, HUD Secretary Ben Carson, Robert O’Brien, Kellyanne Conway, Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Chris Coons (D-Del.), Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Debbie Meadows, Joe Lieberman ...
    Some of them are vaguely familiar.

On 3 June 2017, emails from United Arab Emirates ( UAE) envoy Yousef al-Otaiba were released by GlobalLeaks. Otaiba has “almost constant phone and email contact” with President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner. The two first met June 2017 at the behest of Thomas Barrack, another billionaire and backer of Trump.
    In 2000, Otaiba became the director of international affairs for Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan (MBZ), the crown prince of Abu Dhabi.
    Otaiba also emailed with Robert Gates, former defence secretary for Barack Obama. Gates is also associated with Mohammed bin Zayed.

Yousef al-Otaiba has repeatedly discussed the strategy towards Iran with the CEO of the FDD, Mark Dubowitz.
    The FDD is financed by Sheldon Adelson (I recall that his wife Miriam got some nice award from President Donald)?!?

See Mohammed bin Zayed (centre) with Republican senators Bob Corker, Mitch McConnell (Elaine Chao's husband), John McCain (burning in hell), and Democratic senators Ben Cardin and Jack Reed.

https://www.lawfulpath.com/forum/vie...1&t=1156#p4362
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Some of them are vaguely familiar.
    Fascinating. thanks for that.

Fascinating. thanks for that.
    I was looking into John Dowd, who once represented both John McCain and the Keating Five (but it takes too much time piecing the story together).

From June 2017 to March 2018, Dowd was a legal advisor to President Donald later working for Parnas and Fruman (in the midst of the Ukraine scandal which the impeachment charade is covering up): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Dowd
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

---
    SEN. MITT ROMNEY (R-Utah) was the keynote speaker at the Alfalfa dinner. One of his top lines: Everyone’s worried about artificial intelligence and robots taking over the world. That’s not true or I would be president now.
    God that was a horrible joke and only one Mitt Romney would do...what are the odds he spent the entire night prior practicing in front of the mirror?

Anyway, powerful people schmooze with powerful people, as Brian said...swampy and I concur. I don't see anything too conspiratorial like neocons plotting to get America into the next world war. I'm sure many "understandings" were exchanged that night though, nothing new for people like this.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll