Thread: Disney yanks Beauty and the Beast out of Malaysia after censors cut gay scene

Disney yanks Beauty and the Beast out of Malaysia after censors cut gay scene

(I bet today's progressive parents can't wait to take little Johhny to see the film, and buy him a dress and a Barbie Doll afterwards.)

MALAYSIA, March 15, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – Disney won't be releasing its new Beauty and the Beast remake in Malaysia.

Malaysia approved a version of the movie for release there with its most pro-gay scene cut, but Disney then cancelled it altogether without explanation.

The Associated Press reported that Malaysia's main cinema chains said the movie has been "postponed indefinitely."

Beauty and the Beast has caused controversy since its director, Bill Condon, revealed the children's film will feature an "exclusively gay moment."

The character Le Fou has a confusing crush on Belle’s suitor, Gaston, according to Condon.

"Le Fou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston," said Condon. "He's confused about what he wants. It's somebody who's just realizing that he has these feelings. And [the actor] makes something really subtle and delicious out of it."

Because of the homosexual content, Russia has banned unaccompained children under 16 from seeing Beauty and the Beast.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/di...hip-board-cuts
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never liked Disney.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Everything must be re-imagined in rainbow farts! I'm going to start writing the script for a new "G.I. Jane" in which Demi Moores character is "the first black trannie to enroll into Combined Reconnaissance Team training where everyone expects her to fail." Flow to me muh monies!

Kind of shows their priorities when they yank it instead of making a few bucks with a kid friendly version.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Kind of shows their priorities when they yank it instead of making a few bucks with a kid friendly version.
    Bingo!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The character Le Fou has a confusing crush on Belle’s suitor, Gaston, according to Condon.

"Le Fou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston," said Condon. "He's confused about what he wants. It's somebody who's just realizing that he has these feelings. And [the actor] makes something really subtle and delicious out of it."

Sooo.....is the message from Disney that homophobia causes gays to be homicidal?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

So why did they spend money to make a new movie when they already had one by that title?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Exactly. No signs of an agenda going on at all.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So why did they spend money to make a new movie when they already had one by that title?
    It's all part of the "Re-Imagining."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Everything's a remake now.
    Stop believing stupid things

I will be seeing this tonight and will give my 2 cents.

On that note, a very religious friend of mine saw it and said there was NOTHING offense in it- this is a person that does not support gay marriage etc.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I have never liked Disney.
    When Walt Disney was alive they made some of the best films ever.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I will be seeing this tonight and will give my 2 cents.

On that note, a very religious friend of mine saw it and said there was NOTHING offense in it- this is a person that does not support gay marriage etc.
    For all intents it was a "re-imagining" that has blown all out of proportion. From what I gather it is about how the actor felt he should play the role, not actual expression.

I dunno. Hollywood is pretty much crap to me anymore. I rarely go to cinema. The last was 'Hacksaw Ridge.' Before that was the latest Star Wars installment. The one I don't really remember because an human Orca crushed me on the way to the far side of my others seat and then displaced her half way into my seat. With all the giant sized popcorn-crunching, gallon drink slurping, movie commentary that that entailed.

Hacksaw Ridge on the other hand was a thought provoking movie. Young men coming out of the theater in "Death from Above" T-Shirts were remarking how gory it was. How long the gore seemed to go on and on. Good. Thank you Mel Gibson for portraying the life of Desmond Doss.

When Walt Disney was alive they made some of the best films ever.
    I guess if you like that sort of thing. I never like Disney--to much satanism and paganism for me.

I guess if you like that sort of thing. I never like Disney--to much satanism and paganism for me.
    Uh...... fairy tales were originally stories that were a symbolism of Christ: Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty etc. The prince was the symbol of Christ and the princess was the church or the seeker of truth.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    For all intents it was a "re-imagining" that has blown all out of proportion. From what I gather it is about how the actor felt he should play the role, not actual expression.

I dunno. Hollywood is pretty much crap to me anymore. I rarely go to cinema. The last was 'Hacksaw Ridge.' Before that was the latest Star Wars installment. The one I don't really remember because an human Orca crushed me on the way to the far side of my others seat and then displaced her half way into my seat. With all the giant sized popcorn-crunching, gallon drink slurping, movie commentary that that entailed.

Hacksaw Ridge on the other hand was a thought provoking movie. Young men coming out of the theater in "Death from Above" T-Shirts were remarking how gory it was. How long the gore seemed to go on and on. Good. Thank you Mel Gibson for portraying the life of Desmond Doss.
    Just saw Beauty & the Beast- movie was quite good and I'm very particular. Fantastic cast & good story telling.

There wasn't any "gay" scene- a couple of instances of mild jokes/kidding stuff that guys say all the time.

Hacksaw was outstanding. Yes, it was brutal but the realistic gore was not about "Ooooohhh look what we can do with our CGI" but about the story. Because of this it never took over the beautiful theme of loving one's fellow man.
    There is no spoon.

Uh...... fairy tales were originally stories that were a symbolism of Christ: Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty etc. The prince was the symbol of Christ and the princess was the church or the seeker of truth.
    Your thoughts on this thread please:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...demonic-Disney
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.