Thread: MyPillow

MyPillow

Has anyone actually tried one of these? $70 for a pillow seems a bit steep to me so am wondering what they're like!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think his advertising has too much fluff. I don't like the cross purposely hanging out of his shirt. Too much BS if you ask me. If you go for the pillow you have to try the sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I think his advertising has too much fluff. I don't like the cross purposely hanging out of his shirt. Too much BS if you ask me. If you go for the pillow you have to try the sheets.
    He does have a 60 day money back guarantee though so you would think most of his customers are very satisfied despite the pillows costing $70 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He does have a 60 day money back guarantee though so you would think most of his customers are very satisfied despite the pillows costing $70 a piece.
    I checked into it a couple years ago. If I remember it is not so easy to return. After you posted this thread I couldn't help but see a commercial where he now offers mattress toppers.

General Overview
    Pros
    Multiple model and firmness options
    Inexpensive shipping costs
    Sleeps fairly cool
    Lightweight and machine washable
    Cons
    Odor potential
    Flattens easily
    Questionable marketing claims
    F rating from Better Business Bureau
    Quick Summary
    MyPillow offers shredded polyfoam pillows. The company currently sells three pillow models that feature MyPillow’s patented interlocking fill.

The MyPillow Premium is currently the brand’s top-selling pillow. In addition to the patented interlocking fill, this pillow has a cover made of ring-spun cotton with gusseted sidewalls for a thicker, more supportive feel. The MyPillow Premium is available in four color-coded loft levels: Yellow (least fill), White (regular fill), Green (more fill), and Blue (most fill). During our product testing, we found that the most comfortable fill level depended on the sleeper’s weight and preferred position. We recommend the Yellow level for stomach sleepers, the White level for back sleepers, and the Green and Blue levels for side sleepers.

Additionally, MyPillow offers these other pillows:

The MyPillow Classic is the brand’s flagship model. It strongly resembles the MyPillow Premium, but is not as thick and does not feature the gusseted sidewalls. The pillow was briefly discontinued but is currently available from MyPillow.
    The Giza Elegance MyPillow is a limited-run pillow with a gusseted sidewall and a cover made of 100% Giza-88 long-staple cotton. It is also available in four color-coded firmness levels: Yellow (least firm), Lavender (regular fill), Green (more fill), and Blue (firm).
    The GoAnywhere Travel Pillow is a travel-size model measuring 12 inches wide and 18 inches long. It comes with the ‘Roll&Go’ travel case, and can be rolled into a more portable size for easier storage.
    Please note: In 2016, MyPillow was fined for ‘deceptive advertising practices’ by nine county prosecutors in California. This was due to unsubstantiated claims from the company that MyPillow products could treat or cure insomnia and other sleep disorders, as well as other medical conditions. As part of this settlement, MyPillow has been banned from making such claims without first conducting a human trial.

https://www.tuck.com/mypillow-pillow-reviews/

The higher prices are probably due to all the advertising he has to pay for. $70 is steep for a pillow I think. (they probably cost a few dollars to make).

The higher prices are probably due to all the advertising he has to pay for. $70 is steep for a pillow I think. (they probably cost a few dollars to make).
    If the pillow was that good would he need to advertise that much or would the pillow sell itself?

Wilderness backpackers just bring a pillow case and put clothing inside. I made some pillows from a down couch I had. I would be interested in your review if you get one. Why not give it a go? 60 day money back. If you are wanting a pillow, why not?

If the pillow was that good would he need to advertise that much or would the pillow sell itself?

I tend to think that is true. That said, I bought a Casper mattress a few years ago because constant advertisement caused me to research and am very happy with it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I tend to think that is true. That said, I bought a Casper mattress a few years ago because constant advertisement caused me to research and am very happy with it.
    Once a company establishes itself it doesn't need to keep up that advertising. McDonalds doesn't advertise like they did years ago. Even Budweiser doesn't advertise as much.

My dad has a MyPillow and he said he loves it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I always see you get two pillows for the price of one, so maybe ~$35 each?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I need a pillow that holds up the curve in the back of my neck so that the disks aren’t too squished by my deformed vertebrae (aka arthritis).

I looked into mypillow and bought a travel-sized one online from Target (about $30). Mypillow combines several sizes of shredded foam and this seems to make it interlock somewhat, so you can sort of mash the pillow into a shape you like and it kind of stays that way. (Also machine wash/dry.) Some people might like this, but when I move around, I want the thing to have more give and spring-back.

I use a goose down pillow which needs to regularly be re-puffed by shaking a bit and then bashing the sides inwards (around $120 from Bed Bath & Beyond). After 3 or 4 years it’s seeming a bit flat, may need to replace. Hungarian goose down costs even more and is supposed to be the best.

Also, yes, mypillow wants to sell you “two for the price of one” so it’s around $35 apiece, but more if you want increased fullness - which is explained at their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Also, yes, mypillow wants to sell you “two for the price of one” so it’s around $35 apiece, but more if you want increased fullness - which is explained at their website.
    Bed Bath and Beyond sells them for a couple bucks less than that; plus they give out 20% off coupons like they are going out of style -- I've got a stack of about 50 of such coupons on my shelf. My mom has one of the pillows and loves it.

Has anyone actually tried one of these? $70 for a pillow seems a bit steep to me so am wondering what they're like!
    I know someone who has it and loves it.

I have a feed sack full of souvenirs that I put a cotton pillow case over .
    Do something Danke

I have been using "My Pillow" for over 5 years now, and I love them. I also have a travel pillow and was stopped, some years back, by TSA asking me if it was a "Bomb Pillow" because it look suspicious.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Once a company establishes itself it doesn't need to keep up that advertising. McDonalds doesn't advertise like they did years ago. Even Budweiser doesn't advertise as much.
    Not true at all. There is a good reason why established brand pay for those super expensive Superbowl ads. Even the biggest brands have to continue asking the public for their business. Just look at how much State Farm pays Aaron Rodgers to be in their advertisements.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Not true at all. There is a good reason why established brand pay for those super expensive Superbowl ads. Even the biggest brands have to continue asking the public for their business. Just look at how much State Farm pays Aaron Rodgers to be in their advertisements.
    McDonalds doesn't advertise as much as they did years ago. Budweiser doesn't advertise as much.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    McDonalds doesn't advertise as much as they did years ago. Budweiser doesn't advertise as much.
    I don't know if this is an accurate observation, but if I assume that it is, it still doesn't change the situation.

This is what I am disagreeing with: Once a company establishes itself it doesn't need to keep up that advertising.

The goals might change from a call to action to more of a branding effort, but even long established companies still need to keep up on their advertising. I remember long ago learning about a well established company cutting back on their advertising and then suffering in lower sales as a result. They reversed that decision once it became apparent that they did in fact need to continue asking the public to spend money with them.

Here is an article regarding Budweiser:
    Industry sources estimate it is more than $50 million, up from the $42 million that Kantar Media said the brewer spent for four minutes of ad time last year.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/budw...-markets-.html

• Budweiser 2018 Superbowl, 4 minutes of ads.
    • Budweiser 2019 Superbowl, 6 minutes of ads.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I don't know if this is an accurate observation, but if I assume that it is, it still doesn't change the situation.

This is what I am disagreeing with: Once a company establishes itself it doesn't need to keep up that advertising.

The goals might change from a call to action to more of a branding effort, but even long established companies still need to keep up on their advertising. I remember long ago learning about a well established company cutting back on their advertising and then suffering in lower sales as a result. They reversed that decision once it became apparent that they did in fact need to continue asking the public to spend money with them.

Here is an article regarding Budweiser:
    Industry sources estimate it is more than $50 million, up from the $42 million that Kantar Media said the brewer spent for four minutes of ad time last year.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/budw...-markets-.html

• Budweiser 2018 Superbowl, 4 minutes of ads.
    • Budweiser 2019 Superbowl, 6 minutes of ads.
    I am not saying that they totally stop advertising but years ago McDonald's had jingles and commercials that played all the time. What about Nike? Coke?

I think there are many factors that determine how much and what type of advertising companies do. When an entity has stores all over with huge signs and name recognition, and loyal repeat customers, they probably don't need to advertise as much. Competition is probably a huge factor also. Furthermore the vehicle has probably changed also. Television is probably losing favor. Direct mail advertising has plummeted over the years. People already know if they are hungry they can go to McDonalds. People don't know if they can get auto insurance, cellular service, cheaper unless they research.