Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Ted Cruz really for a Ron Paul type candidate?

Is Ted Cruz really for a Ron Paul type candidate?

I don't know but Ted Cruz leaves a lot of question marks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not quite, but between those with a chance to win, he's a lot better than the other, and Rand wants him for Senate coalitions. Ron endorsed pretty late in the day, but he did endorse.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I don't vote for people b/c they can't win or not the front runner.

Vote Glenn Addison!
    If you are in the North Texas area, join our page to get active and fight for Liberty!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/28828...8287801289033/

#LiveFree

Quote Originally Posted by KMX View Post
    I don't vote for people b/c they can't win or not the front runner.

Vote Glenn Addison!
    The only problem is when there is 3 people running for same seat. It splits off the votes then the establishment wins. I agree on Addison though. I think Ron Paul chose the wrong candidate to endorse this time around. Especially since Addison endorsed Ron Paul. Something Cruz isn't willing to do.

Met Glenn Addison in Houston at a Ron Paul rally and he is a great guy. I know that others on here have told me that he has no chance of winning so that I should vote Cruz, but that goes against what we are doing. It's like people saying..."Vote Romney because Paul has no chance of winning". They just want Obama out.

Anyways, I think Cruz falls inline with Ron Paul on the majority of his issues. He has publicly endorsed Paul's Audit the Fed bill. He is, however, more of a Rand Paul type of guy. One of those liberty types that will say what the Right wing wants to hear so that liberty gets the votes. Nothing wrong with it, they are just doing what they have to do in a dirty politics game.

I think they major reason he didn't come out and endorse Ron Paul is because of the backlash he would have gotten. It would have hurt his campaign to go against the "presumed" pick in Romney. Let Cruz get elected and then he can publicly come out and say what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by cassielund99@gmail.com View Post
    The only problem is when there is 3 people running for same seat. It splits off the votes then the establishment wins. I agree on Addison though. I think Ron Paul chose the wrong candidate to endorse this time around. Especially since Addison endorsed Ron Paul. Something Cruz isn't willing to do.
    Addison endorsed Paul AFTER Paul endorsed Cruz.

If Addison is really absolutely terrific, then I think you should vote your conscience, obviously. But if he's only a shade better, it would matter to me if voting for him would mean Dewhurst (or whatever the neocon's name is) didn't get a runoff.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Exactly. And David Dewhurst is a lily-livered, yellow-bellied CHICKEN. The thought of him being my senator is just nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
    Met Glenn Addison in Houston at a Ron Paul rally and he is a great guy. I know that others on here have told me that he has no chance of winning so that I should vote Cruz, but that goes against what we are doing. It's like people saying..."Vote Romney because Paul has no chance of winning". They just want Obama out.

Anyways, I think Cruz falls inline with Ron Paul on the majority of his issues. He has publicly endorsed Paul's Audit the Fed bill. He is, however, more of a Rand Paul type of guy. One of those liberty types that will say what the Right wing wants to hear so that liberty gets the votes. Nothing wrong with it, they are just doing what they have to do in a dirty politics game.

I think they major reason he didn't come out and endorse Ron Paul is because of the backlash he would have gotten. It would have hurt his campaign to go against the "presumed" pick in Romney. Let Cruz get elected and then he can publicly come out and say what he wants.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

There was nothing wrong with what he did there. Just because he didn't endorse ron doesn't mean anything bad. In fact he did a good job of saying he likes Ron. Unfortunately it was probably clear to him that mitt was going to get the nod and he would be better served to just get behind the nominee now.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like Addison (Met him several times), but Dewhurst has a real shot at winning. Cruz has the next best shot & he's a fairly decent Rand-like candidate. My vote already went to Cruz. I will cringe if Dewhurst becomes a US Senator.

Quote Originally Posted by drummergirl View Post
    Exactly. And David Dewhurst is a lily-livered, yellow-bellied CHICKEN. The thought of him being my senator is just nauseating.
    The thought of him being my Lt. Governor is nauseating.
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    There was nothing wrong with what he did there. Just because he didn't endorse ron doesn't mean anything bad. In fact he did a good job of saying he likes Ron. Unfortunately it was probably clear to him that mitt was going to get the nod and he would be better served to just get behind the nominee now.
    to me it makes it pretty clear he isn't 'one of us', even if he is better than the alternative.

Cruz is a constitutionalist, but he's also a bit more toward the christian coalition than a pure liberty candidate. So... is he as good as Ron Paul? No. But is he a good candidate worthy of our support? Yes. Some people want a perfect candidate and will vote for Addison; that's their prerogative. My main concerns are that Dewhurst will get 50%, so no runoff and that there could be serious fraud at the central tabulators on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    to me it makes it pretty clear he isn't 'one of us', even if he is better than the alternative.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Cruz is a constitutionalist, but he's also a bit more toward the christian coalition than a pure liberty candidate. So... is he as good as Ron Paul? No. But is he a good candidate worthy of our support? Yes. Some people want a perfect candidate and will vote for Addison; that's their prerogative. My main concerns are that Dewhurst will get 50%, so no runoff and that there could be serious fraud at the central tabulators on this one.
    Yeah, if I lived in Texas I'd probably vote for him, unless I was seriously in love with the other candidate.

I get that people like Addison and all but why is he still running and not backing the guy the Paul's are supporting? He endorses Paul yet doesn't endorse the guy that Paul endorsed, come on.. If Dewy gets in, he's gonna be in that seat till kingdom come so let's not play the good is the enemy of the perfect routine and blow an opportunity to give Rand another ally in the Senate. Do we want another Lindsey Graham or can we settle for a ~Tom Coburn?

As it is we're gonna have to ante up big time for our MN Senate candidate so let's not split ourselves down south in a guaranteed GOP seat and let a outright neocon have it for the foreseeable future. Going against a Paul endorsement, Ron or Rand, makes zero sense to me especially since doing so is internal sabotage.

Do we really need another Marco Rubio in the Senate? I will never vote for anyone who says that they will preemptively invade Iran like Ted Cruz did.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's an article about the Texas senate race that shows why we can not let Dewhurst win this. He also needs to be kicked out as lieutenant governor as well.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...katrina-trinko

“There is absolutely an atmosphere citywide here in Austin that if you have business before the legislature, you better think twice before you give money to anybody running against Dewhurst, specifically Ted Cruz, because you might end up with a horse head at the end of your bed,” says an Austin lawyer who supports Cruz, referencing The Godfather.

“If you or your client have any legislative agenda whatsoever, there’s always fear of retribution. And so nobody can get out there and publicly support Ted,” says a registered lobbyist in Austin who supports Cruz.
    And Ted Cruz is not just the lesser of two evils. He's not Ron Paul, or even Rand Paul, but as many people have already pointed out, he's against NDAA indefinite detention and in favor of auditing the fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Here's an article about the Texas senate race that shows why we can not let Dewhurst win this. He also needs to be kicked out as lieutenant governor as well.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...katrina-trinko

And Ted Cruz is not just the lesser of two evils. He's not Ron Paul, or even Rand Paul, but as many people have already pointed out, he's against NDAA indefinite detention and in favor of auditing the fed.

He's in favor of preemptively invading Iran. That will only cost a few trillion dollars. Wow, what a "fiscal conservative"!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    He's in favor of preemptively invading Iran. That will only cost a few trillion dollars. Wow, what a "fiscal conservative"
    Do you have a link for that? You're the only person I've ever heard say that. Why would Ron Paul endorse someone that wanted to preemptively invade Iran?

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Do you have a link for that? You're the only person I've ever heard say that. Why would Ron Paul endorse someone that wanted to preemptively invade Iran?
    see the video above.

I view people like Cruz as good for slowing down the progress of tyranny. I'm all for that and supporting these kind of people for that reason, but if we ever want real progress towards freedom, it'll take people with a real set of principles to get us there
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I view people like Cruz as good for slowing down the progress of tyranny. I'm all for that and supporting these kind of people for that reason, but if we ever want real progress towards freedom, it'll take people with a real set of principles to get us there
    Someone who wants to get us involved in another war is definitely not "slowing down" tyranny. They are rapidly speeding it up.

Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    I voted for Addison.
    +rep. I'm going to as well.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    see the video above.
    Ok, I watched the video. I really didn't notice before. He basically says he is in favor of all options including both diplomacy and military options. I don't agree but that still leaves the question of why Ron Paul would endorse him if he's just itching to invade Iran.

Im a huge fan of Ron Paul. But he has a really sketchy record of endorsements, see Bachmann (for congress) and Lamar Smith. I'm just guessing, but I bet this was more of something Jesse Benton told him to do.
    Last edited by Supernaut; 05-27-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Maninblack, what part of Texas are you from?

Not that it matters since I'm not a Texan, but count me in the group that doesn't really understand the Cruz endorsement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast