Thread: Winners, Losers, and Some Interesting Thoughts

Winners, Losers, and Some Interesting Thoughts

The real lesson, the one most useful to the alt-right, is seeing the controlled opposition confirm what many have been pointing out for years now. As soon as things got a little tough, the College Republicans folded their tents and blamed the “extremists” of the alt-right. The Young American Foundation, a Conservative Inc. racket to recruit college students, made a show of “defending free speech” but made sure they did not offer any material support. It was just another way to raise money for their racket.

In contrast, a handful of rednecks down south were able to force Auburn to host the notorious Richard Spencer, a guy everyone seems to think is Hitler in a cardigan. They went to court and quickly forced the school to honor its legal obligations. They were also able to rally a security force and get the cops to enforce public order. The result being a peaceful and orderly event. Conservative Inc. has tens of millions in cash at their disposal and an army of elite educated lawyers and they could not even defend Coulter.

What they could do though, is attack Ann Coulter when she correctly pointed out that the summer soldiers of Conservative Inc ran and hid as soon as things got difficult. David French is a mentally unbalanced crackpot, but he does speak for the dwindling number of Buckley Conservatives, who claim to be the vanguard of anti-Progressive forces in America. French speaks for all of the so-called conservatives when he is more upset at Coulter’s noticing than he is at black clad thugs shutting down her speech.

The whole affair is insignificant in isolation, but it is a another reminder to those who have begun the journey away from Buckley Conservatism, Libertarianism and boomer politics that those well-paid heroes of the Right never win these fights. They invest so heavily in the symbolism of conservatism because they conserve nothing but their own place at Lefty’s table. At best they are well-intentioned losers. At worst, they are willing props deployed by the ruling orthodoxy to disrupt the opposition.

The people in the dissident movements are not without their problems and many of them are certainly nuts, but that’s the nature of outsider movements. What’s increasingly clear is the fact that it is the outsider movements who are scoring the victories. They are the people changing minds and forcing the the fight onto the turf of Lefty. It’s not the dorks in blue blazers mooning over photos of Reagan. It’s the guys with homemade armor decorated with sun wheels and cartoon frogs.

The other day, an old friend, who was a “happy warrior” type, mostly in the libertarian wing of the Buckley Right, quoted Mike Cernovich to me. I cautioned him to not take everything Cerno says at face value and he responded with, “Hey, no enemies on the Right.” A year ago he probably would have sided with David French or at least frowned upon the alt-right guys raising ruckus. When given the choice between those who are not afraid to be called a heretic and those who live in fear of it, people naturally choose the former over the latter. -- http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=10159

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The cartoon frog brigade fully embraces the Leviathan constructed by their alleged enemies...

i.e. they're just another GOP culture warrior group, oblivious to the actual problems, thinking they'll save the world by [insert petty social issue]

Their only outstanding quality is their vulgarity (same for the newest generation of Dem culture warrior rabble).

Get out of my thread, r3v. You don't even have the tiny, rudimentary integrity that would enable you to keep the terms of a very silly, low-stakes bet. Your thoughts regarding "outstanding qualities" are thus utterly devoid of credibility.

You are a liar.

Until that changes (it could change! Just honor your word. So simple!) you are in my out-group. I don't associate with liars. And neither should anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The cartoon frog brigade fully embraces the Leviathan constructed by their alleged enemies...

i.e. they're just another GOP culture warrior group, oblivious to the actual problems, thinking they'll save the world by [insert petty social issue]

Their only outstanding quality is their vulgarity (same for the newest generation of Dem culture warrior rabble).
    Aptly put.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    You don't even have the tiny, rudimentary integrity that would enable you to keep the terms of a very silly, low-stakes bet.
    If you're referring to my post-election avatar bet with another poster, I did keep to its terms; I changed my avatar for the agreed upon 3 months.

So, kindly untwist your panties.

If you're referring to my post-election avatar bet with another poster, I did keep to its terms; I changed my avatar for the agreed upon 3 months.

So, kindly untwist your panties.
    But you changed it to the wrong avatar.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Not true. Your avatar at no time was changed to the Time Magazine cover with Trump, as required by the bet. Furthermore, you stopped posting as "r3v" and posted instead as "MallsRGood", a violation of RPF rules, the spirit of the bet, and also just plain bad form.

You could remedy this by situation by:

1) Changing your avatar to the actual avatar requested by your counter-bettor, @BamaAla:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Time-to-Pay-Up

2) Actually posting under that avatar for 90 days.

It's really not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Aptly put.
    What about the (many, many, many) ones on the alt-right who are not vulgar? What do you think about them?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aptly put.
    Also, what do you think about my Midas project that I just pre-released to RPF?

What about the (many, many, many) ones on the alt-right who are not vulgar? What do you think about them?
    Just not my experience of the alt-right. Offensiveness is a major tenet of the movement. Their most visible figurehead was a flagrantly lascivious fellow who expressed pride at being a victim of homosexual pedophilia by a clergyman. It goes far beyond the average R-rated movie.

Cultural collectivism and economic protectionism are bad ideas But if one feels the need to support them, the argument is better made with (attempted) logic and dignity. Why not send the alt-right paradigm back to the cesspits of 4chan and Stormfront where it belongs?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Also, what do you think about my Midas project that I just pre-released to RPF?
    Best of luck.

Not true. Your avatar at no time was changed to the Time Magazine cover with Trump
    The bet was that the loser would change his avatar to the "I'm An Idiot" T-shirt image.

...which I did, for the required 3 months.

...and my counterparty (i.e. not you), was satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla
    The idiot shirt is good enough for me. Thanks for being a good sport.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6371079

Now, again, kindly untwist your panties and we can get back discussing the skinhead nincompoops you've lately aligned yourself with.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-01-2017 at 01:35 PM.

The bet was that the loser would change his avatar to the "I'm An Idiot" T-shirt image.

...which I did, for the required 3 months.
    That is incorrect.

That was the terms of the original bet you setup. The poster accepted the bet under different terms, and you accepted the alteration in the terms of the bet.

Not too surprising as an anti-Trump person you are unfamiliar with how "deals" work.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?498905-Let-s-Gamble-Trumptard-Is-Going-To-Win

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Time-to-Pay-Up
    Last edited by dannno; 05-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That is incorrect.

That was the terms of the original bet you setup. The poster accepted the bet under different terms, and you accepted the alteration in the terms of the bet.
    Incorrect

I commented on the image he posted by noting sarcastically (?) that it (Trump as Man of The Year) is a sign of the decline of W. Civilization.

I didn't say anything about accepting a different bet than the one I offered. Seems to me he accepted my initial bet.

If not, I guess we misunderstood one another.

...and if that's the case, then there was no bet at all, no meeting of the minds, and you're lucky I did anything.

I didn't say anything about accepting a different bet than the one I offered. Seems to me he accepted my initial bet.

If not, I guess we misunderstood one another.

...and if that's the case, then there was no bet at all, no meeting of the minds, and you're lucky I did anything.
    He said, "I will take that bet, you sport this:"

And posted the picture.

So if he lost, he would have sported your picture, and if you lost you were supposed to sport his.

You accepted.

Just not my experience of the alt-right. Offensiveness is a major tenet of the movement.
    Ahh, now that is absolutely a foundation. Offensiveness. But offensiveness and vulgarity are two separate things. Offensiveness is the core of the alt-right. Offensiveness to all the evil of the Cathedral that currently rules the world.

Their most visible figurehead was a flagrantly lascivious fellow who expressed pride at being a victim of homosexual pedophilia by a clergyman. It goes far beyond the average R-rated movie.
    Whatever; that guy is gone, taken down by the left for the incident you mention, and good riddance. Somehow the left thought that ending the influence of a sick, worthless pervert (oh, sorry, too homophobic for you?) would somehow be detrimental to the alt-right. This just shows their total lack of familiarity with the concept of virtue. And its power. That Milo is finally over is a huge plus.

There are a few other wicked and perverted figureheads in the alt-right currently. Hopefully the left will destroy them one by one. But there are no leaders. Not yet. When leaders do finally arise, they will be, hopefully, strong and admirable men full of virtue and wisdom.

Cultural collectivism is a bad idea
    What does that mean? Seriously! Is there some meaning in that sentence?

But if one feels the need to support them, the argument is better made with (attempted) logic and dignity. Why not send the alt-right paradigm back to the cesspits of 4chan and Stormfront where it belongs?
    The alt-right is not what you think it is. It is far more than what I thought it was. For example, look at the blog linked to in my OP: http://thezman.com . Do you see rank vulgarity promoted there? No, the only vulgarity is in the things he criticizes. I was not familiar with the blog and had to scan through its front page just now to make sure it wasn't vulgar and would thus mess up my point. Anyway, there seem to be hundreds of these type of blogs that have coalesced into this thing called the alt-right. Not that they'd all call themselves alt-right, but whatever: we have to call them something!

Anyway, I would say that the distinguishing feature I notice in the alt-right sphere is not its "vulgarity," though there is too much of that (as throughout our dying culture) but a willingness (and ability) to think! The presence of original ideas! And a seriousness about saving our civilization by opposing its destroyers, the left, at the root. This dark triad -- Intelligence, Fearlessness, and Gravity -- is forming up to constitute the first and the only intellectual threat to the left that it has faced since the so-called Enlightenment. It's still at the beginning stages, brewing, swirling, congealing, but already their content is brilliant and hugely stimulating. Intellectually, I predict it is going to smash everything in its wake. The question is: will that matter? It already is very late. Intellectual victory is not enough, not nearly enough (look at libertarianism, which took and has held the hill for the past 30 years).

Action is needed. Such as, say, putting yourself onto the gold standard. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...of-Sound-Money

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You accepted.
    All I said was "...sounds like the decline of Western Civilization," not "I accept."

It appears to have been a misunderstanding.

In any event, it's done, I did degrade my avatar for 3 months, Bama's satisfied, that's it.

...on an unrelated note (since apparently we're free to go OT in this thread), how bout that spending bill? MAGArific, no?

I lost a bet by guessing the outcome of the election wrongly; I sleep just fine. How about you?

blah, blah, blah
    Fact is, you were willing to behave cowardly and stupidly over an utterly trivial thing. The lengths to which you have gone to avoid your loss and which you now are going to re-write the story, just make no sense to me. What's next, editing the posts in that thread to change what you said?

What's more embarrassing, it apparently took you months to formulate this response, initially simply ignoring my inquiries as to why you would not submit to your bet.

Everyone can look at the thread and see what happened. Your conniption fit has run as follows:

1) Ignoring your loss, hoping it will be forgotten.
    2) Deciding that it doesn't count because the bettor, and indeed all Trump supporters, was not really human, but a dumb animal
    3) Asking to be banned because everyone here is so stupid; RPF is a worthless wasteland.
    4) Creating a different user account (a violation of the rules of RPF) because, apparently, despite our stupidity and uselessness you just couldn't help yourself.
    5) Playing dumb for months when called out.
    6) With all the "sincerity" you can put forth, in this thread finally claim that you thought you did keep the terms of the bet! Why, you would never welch!

Fact is, people do not see you as having fulfilled the terms of this bet. Fact is, you did not post for 90 days with an embarrassing avatar of any kind. Fact is, you stopped posting as "r3v" and posted instead as "MallsRGood", a violation of RPF rules, the spirit of the bet, and also just plain bad form.

Bad form.

I see it as showing dishonesty. It's a "tell". It shows bad character. I'm very strict about these things, being actually old-fashioned, as opposed to whatever messed-up, twisted-up "tiger riding" you imagine yourself as engaging in, r3v. Old-fashioned people care about dishonesty. Feel free to continue vulgarly dismissing my concern. But that won't make it go away.

So again, please, get out of my thread. I am not interested in anything you have to say, unless it is going toward somehow rehabilitating your honesty in my estimate.

I am not interested in anything you have to say

Kramer Snapples on a bet

Last edited by dannno; 05-01-2017 at 04:50 PM.

I'm just glad his avatar of that idiot Bill Murray is gone. Good win in my book. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    that idiot Bill Murray

Keep it up, I'll change it to this.

... Hitler in a cardigan.

...number of Buckley Conservatives,...

And speaking of Hitler and Buckley. These people today are all lightweights. Most of these windbags would have a stroke if Buckley called them a name.

William Buckley replies to Gore Vidal. Very funny stuff.

BUCKLEY (snarling, teeth bared): Now listen, you qu.eer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I’ll sock you in your goddam face, and you’ll stay plastered—

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 05-01-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The Alt Right is doing a great job red-pilling white liberals who have not been able to process the final equation. I will give them that. Granted, I'm not thrilled with the universal healthcare positions of both Richard Spencer and Mike Cernovich,but they are also very anti-interventionist, which is refreshing to see.

. . .
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 05-01-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Very well. Please put me on ignore, then. I shall likewise do the same for you (I've never used the feature before, but it will be great, I'm sure). I will consider this sufficient disassociation from you to protect myself and my honorable reputation.

This way you can continue your eternal corrosive crusade of ongoing draining negativity as long as you wish (at least until you drain all zest and life out of RPF and thus kill your host) with no upsetting interference from yours truly. And I can continue to actually *do* things to further the liberty (and, to an extent, *your*) agenda.

Deal? Deal.

The point of the OP and the thread is that we have to be willing to fight. We have to not be a wreck of warbling wusses. The non-dissident right is a warren of widdle wabbits, and just as threatening, just as intelligent.

We, in contrast, want to win. We care about winning. Right? If so, we have to get the killer instinct. We must form cohesive (and selective) groups, within which we're loyal to each other and help each other out. We must make and implement plans. We must take action.

To quote Anonymous Conservative from his blog today ( http://www.anonymousconservative.com...ang-kills-him/ ):

Fighting evil is not for those with anything less than a single-minded focus bent on killing it by any means necessary.