Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any favorite Christmas carols ?

Jan2017

Any favorite Christmas carols ?

Got a favorite holiday song . . . pious or irreverent ? Comedic or seriously jus' fun and funny ? Original artist or re-make ?

Here's Madonna's redo of Eartha Kitt . . . kinda more lounge music and a little decadent . . .

Mariah Carey's video is more funny . . .

Last edited by Jan2017; 12-06-2016 at 03:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    O Come, o Come Emmanuel is probably my favorite Christmas song

Either that or I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day

Father Christmas , the Kinks
    Do something Danke

Fairytale Of New York

And The Season's Upon Us (the first time my son heard this, he said that it looked like our holiday)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Oh Holy Night is my fave, and this is the best version. John Berry's got the Spirit!

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Got a favorite holiday song . . . pious or irreverent ? Comedic or seriously jus' fun and funny ? Original artist or re-make ?

Here's Madonna's redo of Eartha Kitt . . . kinda more lounge music and a little decadent . . .
    I like Taylor Swift's version of Santa Baby.

Not another Santa Baby. Are you trying to send me screaming into the streets?

::swoon::
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

On December 25th I knew I wasn't getting jack
    when I saw Santa Claus on the corner buying crack
    I ran up on him with the (blur) and asked him "yo whats up with that?"
    He said "there aint no christmas kid" and I can't get him back
    Back in the days, Christmas was deep
    My moms put presents under the tree while I played sleep
    And peeped ha! Santa Claus never gave me nuthin
    Seen them mad faces, lying and frontin
    So do some good to the ghetto, Mr. Chris Kringle
    Come and stay awhile, kick it with God's Angel
    Take and acknowledge my wisdom and understand
    That Santa Claus is a black man
    word up

[chorus 2 times]
    Santa Baby
    Just slip a Benzo under the tree for me
    A '98 convertible, light blue
    I'm looking for a fly guy, like you
    So hurry down the chimney tonight

Jan2017

Are you trying to send me screaming into the streets?

Nah...jus'singin'

I used to NOT like this one . . . turned it off every time on the radio every year . . .
    now a fave as it is based on the truce called by soldiers in WWI on a Christmas eve -
    they smoked cigarettes together to the dismay of generals who couldn't believe it.
    ]

No $#@!...there are three songs in heavy rotation on pop music radio and XM during Christmas, that make me want to blow my brains out.

That is one of them.

"It's A Marshmallow World" is another.

"Last Christmas" is the other.

John Lennon's "So This Is Christmas" and Band - Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas" both get honorable mentions for over-the-top, smarmy self-righteousness.

One of my all time favorites

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No $#@!...there are three songs in heavy rotation on pop music radio and XM during Christmas, that make me want to blow my brains out.

That is one of them.
    In three weeks there will be plenty that will want you to put your finger down your throat . . . Santa Baby is not one of them for me.

Beach Boys get alot of play rotation imho but still like it with 3 weeks to go I guess.

and ya' might jus' get sick of this one from the Carpenters with plenty of upcoming air time (and royalties)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Check out the ending
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Cool Yule

Louis Armstrong - 'Zat You Santa Claus?

Fats Waller - Swingin' them Jingle Bells

Probably Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

1953 , Gayla Peevey , I want A Hippo For Christmas
    Do something Danke

Silver and Gold .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Silver and Gold .
    I bet you picked up that one.

I always loved that lyric...

Later on, we'll conspire,
    As we dream by the fire
    To face unafraid,
    The plans that we've made,

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mr Animal bought me a Jingle buns thong one year. I tried wearing it a few times but those bells were uncomfortable so we just hung them on the tree. We didn't have many Christmas ornaments back then and I thought they looked festive. They were also an ice breaker when people came over.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Check out the ending

I've got a few, but mostly totally inappropriate to be uttered in public...

1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Bestest Christmas Song EVARR ...

Christmas at Ground Zero | "Weird Al" Yankovic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t039p6xqutU
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Two of my favorite Cthristmas songs ...

I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog-Sothoth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSvsy11PHxM

Carol of the Old Ones | Dagon Tabernacle Choir
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftld7Ohojg

Look to the sky, way up on high
    There in the night, stars are now right
    Eons have passed, now then at last
    Prison walls break, Old Ones awake!

They will return, mankind will learn
    New kinds of fear when they are here
    They will reclaim all in their name
    Hopes turn to black when they come back

Ignorant fools, mankind now rules
    Where they ruled then, it's theirs again

Stars brightly burning, boiling and churning
    Bode a returning season of doom
    Scary scary scary scary solstice
    Very very very scary solstice

Up from the sea, from underground
    Down from the sky, they're all around
    They will return, mankind will learn
    New kinds of fear when they are here

There in the night, stars are now right
    Eons have passed, now then at last
    Prison walls break, Old Ones awake!

Madness will reign, terror and pain
    Woes without end, where they extend

Ignorant fools, mankind now rules
    Where they ruled then, it's theirs again

Stars brightly burning, boiling and churning
    Bode a returning season of doom
    Scary scary scary scary solstice
    Very very very scary solstice

Up from the sea, from underground
    Down from the sky, they're all around

Fear ...

There in the night, stars now are right

They will return
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-07-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Another gem from Weird Al...My kids loved this one when they were younger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast