Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Russia-Ukraine War

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wow dying twice, super unlucky!!!!!!!!

Always in the wrong place at the wrong time. He must be CNN's Kenny. Every new episode, Ohh my god, they killed Bernie.
    Last edited by Matt4Liberty; 02-26-2022 at 10:54 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    -deleted-
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Watching that "tank" video in question, it's hauling ass (for an armored vehicle).

It's in a curve in the road (or at least just came out of one).

And it's tracked.

Tracked vehicles are 'touchy' to control while turning at higher speed (I would imagine an old soviet era vehicle even worse). Not only that but the tracks themselves, unless modified for asphalt, isn't going to be like driving a vehicle with rubber tires.

My first thought when I saw that video is that the driver simply lost control. Probably a Ukrainian vehicle got separated from the rest of its unit and was hauling ass to get away, oversteered, panicked, and lost control.

I can't really explain why he backed up over the vehicle, unless he just lost all situational awareness (those things don't have backup cameras).

And if he was retreating from advancing Russian forces, human nature probably kicked in and he was only worried about himself and the people in that armored vehicle.

EDIT: Okay maybe not 'hauling ass' but this video shows a bit more of the beginning than what most of the MSM shows. Vehicle appears to start from a standstill and never gets traction on the asphalt while turning. (driver gave it too much throttle, you can see it start swerving to one side then the other soon after he guns it). If you haven't seen it, it's kinda graphic but if the stories are true, the occupant survived.

It's possible that he backed up because of the railroad tracks in front.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-26-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

<<Images of Bernie Gores>>
    You got me. I took you seriously; just like I did The Texan at first. I did a search for Bernie Gores on the CNN website - nada.
    https://www.cnn.com/search?size=10&q...nie%20Gores%22. Seems strange they wouldn't have a record of him.

The Twitter handles CNN Ukraine (CNNUKR) and CNN Afghanistan (CNNAfghan) are both showing as suspended accounts. Has Twitter ever suspended CNN? Neither account has that blue tick mark they use for verification.

So I searched and found out that Bernie Gores's passing has been debunked by a number of fact checkers (Reuters, Politifact, and others . The photo seems to trace back to YouTuber Jordie Jordan (WingsOfRedemption) ... who was doing just fine as of two weeks ago.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    You got me. I took you seriously; just like I did The Texan at first. I did a search for Bernie Gores on the CNN website - nada.
    https://www.cnn.com/search?size=10&q...nie%20Gores%22. Seems strange they wouldn't have a record of him.

The Twitter handles CNN Ukraine (CNNUKR) and CNN Afghanistan (CNNAfghan) are both showing as suspended accounts. Has Twitter ever suspended CNN? Neither account has that blue tick mark they use for verification.

So I searched and found out that Bernie Gores's passing has been debunked by a number of fact checkers (Reuters, Politifact, and others . The photo seems to trace back to YouTuber Jordie Jordan (WingsOfRedemption) ... who was doing just fine as of two weeks ago.
    And yet it was just posted to Twitter,,again.

and I was pointing out the Level of Bull$hit.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

And yet it was just posted to Twitter,,again.

and I was pointing out the Level of Bull$hit.
    Everything coming from western media about this is lies. It's scary that Pravda and RT are more thruthful.

These appear to be both from fake accounts..

However, I'll throw this in here:

Ghost of Kyiv Ukraine Video is a Fake Made Using Digital Combat Simulator Game
    https://gamerant.com/ghost-of-kyiv-u...bat-simulator/

Footage shows flight simulator game, not Russian fighter jet being shot down
    https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-548180451272
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Breaking: Russian soldiers go into hospital, and steal incubators, throwing babies on the floor. Nurse to testify at UN tomorrow.

[/s]
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

West winning propaganda angle

That’s for sure.

It's hard to keep track of all the lies. Ghost of Kiev- lie, $#@! you Russian warship- lie, Russian tank crushes car-lie.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's hard to keep track of all the lies. Ghost of Kiev- lie, $#@! you Russian warship- lie, Russian tank crushes car-lie.
    Best part is the MSM hiding behind various domain names in order to peddle their pablum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Here's the tldw..

The following video is allegedly coming from a guy in a hotel in Kiev. He mentioned that citizens trying to take on the Russian army, with moltov cocktails or otherwise is being encouraged. He claims Russia is trying really hard to avoid civilian casualties. This will only increase the civilian casualties.

In this discussion he talked about the strategies Russia is using to fight this war and why the US media is criticizing Russia for not being able to conquer more quickly. This is because the typical US strategy is to go in and destroy everything - take out the electrical grids, cell towers, water infrastructure and pretty much anything. This completely cripples their entire situation, then our armies come in pretending they are some sort of savior, and of course rebuild everything using US taxpayer funds. Russia could have easily done by this now.

The media is using this signal that they don't have the capabilities to do so. However, this individual claims that Russia actually cares about the people of Ukraine. They are not trying to alienate the population. They are not trying to enrich defense contractors at the expense of Russia's taxpayers like the US does. They are not trying to destroy more than what they need to in order to keep the Ukrainian military from continuing in their futile attempts.

He says Russia wants to install a puppet regime, yes, that's Russia's goal, a regime that is more favorable to Russia's security interests.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A different perspective than the MSM is pushing.

Are US-run biological labs in Ukraine one of the reasons behind Russia invasion? Read how Russian govt had raised ‘bioweapons’ alarm

https://www.opindia.com/2022/02/russ...n-coronavirus/

As Russia has started attacking military installations in Ukraine, there are speculations that the United State’s Biolabs that have been established in Ukraine in the name of research and defence are also among the targets. The US has several such labs in Ukraine under its “Biological Threat Reduction Program”.

Social media has been abuzz with discussions on how the Russian government, in addition to objecting to NATO’s expansion in the region, has been highlighting their concerns, accusing the USA of running bioweapon labs near their border. A Twitter handle named @WarClandenstine claimed that it may be a possibility that Russia is targeting the Biolabs. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

1) HOLY $#@!! I think I may be onto something about #Ukraine.

Zelensky said the Russians are firing at “military installations”. How broad is that term?

I am seeing speculation that could include US installed biolabs.

At first I was like no way.

Then I started digging. pic.twitter.com/tm72HFAXNK

— Clandestine (@WarClandestine) February 24, 2022
    There is a lot of discussion on social media regarding the alleged bioweapons labs run and funded by the US government on Ukrainian soil.

As per the details made available by the US government, the US Department of Defense’s Biological Threat Reduction Program has been working with partner countries to “to counter the threat of outbreaks (deliberate, accidental, or natural) of the world’s most dangerous infectious diseases.”

Screenshot from US Embassy in Ukraine’s website
    In Ukraine, the program’s aim is to consolidate and secure pathogens and toxins of security concerns and provide support to the nation in detecting and reporting outbreaks caused by dangerous pathogens before they “pose any stability or security risks.”

In 2019, BTRP established two laboratories for the Consumer Protection Service of Ukraine with Biosafety Level 2 in Kyiv and Odesa. Both regions are under Russia’s attack. The US not only provides support for laboratory establishment but has also been funding research projects in Ukraine where the Ukrainian and American scientists work together.

Russia has accused the US of developing bio-weapons at its borders, at Ukraine and Georgia
    On several occasions, Russia has accused the US and Ukraine of developing bio-weapons close to its borders. In 2021, while talking about the inability of the World Health Organisation to establish the origin of the Covid-19 virus, Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev told Kommersant reporter that Russia believed the US was developing bio-weapons near its borders.

He said, “you pay attention to the fact that in the world, more and more new biological laboratories under the control of the United States are growing by leaps and bounds. Moreover, by a strange coincidence – mainly at the Russian and Chinese borders.” He added that the US claims they work with local scientists to develop ways to fight dangerous pathogens but what happens inside those walls was unknown.

He added, “We are told that peaceful sanitation stations operate near our borders, but for some reason, they are more reminiscent of Fort Detrick in Maryland, where Americans have been working in the field of military biology for decades. By the way, we should pay attention to the fact that outbreaks of diseases that are not typical for these regions are recorded in the surrounding areas.”

When asked if he meant Americans were developing biological weapons at those Biolabs, he said, “We have good reason to believe that this is the case.” He further said, “Not a day goes by at the headquarters of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) in The Hague that the Americans and their allies do not come forward with another chapter of the anti-Russian chemical dossier.”

Speaking about the allegations against Russia over the development of chemical weapons, he said there were no evidence and only conjectures. The Russian government has made similar allegations multiple times.

Russia has raised concerns multiple times that the USA is running bioweapons labs in Ukraine and elsewhere

Russia had alleged that US is running bioweapons lab in Georgia
    US-funded gain of function reasearch to ‘enhance’ viruses at Wuhan laboratory in China
    It has been now been established by now that scientists from the USA, with NIH funding, had been running gain of function research into a number of SARS-like viruses in the Wuhan laboratory in China, which is widely believed to be the origin of Covid-19 infection. In September 2021, it was revealed in a book that the US had funded research on deadly viruses in Wuhan under the supervision of Anthony Fauci.

US scientist Peter Daszak, who had received an NIH grant, through his organisation EcoHealth Alliance had been engaged in ‘gain of function’ research for years in the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China. Daszak has himself admitted on numerous occasions that they are running breakthrough research into coronaviruses.

Earlier this year, an investigation by Project Veritas had revealed that coronavirus research deemed ‘too dangerous’ by DARPA, was approved by Anthony Fauci’s NIAID and was conducted by Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance at Wuhan.

In October 2021, it was revealed via leaked emails that Anthony Fauci’s NIAID funded institute trained researchers at Wuhan lab housed fatal aerosol-borne viruses.

Russia invades Ukraine
    On 24 February, after weeks of speculations, Russia finally invaded Ukraine, triggering a massive outrage all over the world. It is notable here that NATO, USA and Russia have been at loggerheads for years over NATO’s alleged plans to expand eastward, threatening Russia’s security. As Russian troops gathered on Ukraine’s borders over the last few weeks, NATO and USA have dropped billions of dollars worth of weapons in Ukraine, proclaiming support for Ukraine’s sovereignty.

Addressing the people, Putin had announced that it is launching a military operation directed towards the ‘demilitarization’ and ‘denazification’ of Ukraine. The alleged biological weapons program is one of the many concerns Russia had raised regarding Ukraine.

NATO countries including the USA have promised to impose severe sanctions on Russia as a retaliatory measure against the invasion.

What kind of optic is that even. Seems to sit quite high on the mount for no good reason.

Looks like a staged photo indeed, but it's not really fake news either, people are walking around with guns there.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Here's the tldw..

The following video is allegedly coming from a guy in a hotel in Kiev. He mentioned that citizens trying to take on the Russian army, with moltov cocktails or otherwise is being encouraged. He claims Russia is trying really hard to avoid civilian casualties. This will only increase the civilian casualties.

In this discussion he talked about the strategies Russia is using to fight this war and why the US media is criticizing Russia for not being able to conquer more quickly. This is because the typical US strategy is to go in and destroy everything - take out the electrical grids, cell towers, water infrastructure and pretty much anything. This completely cripples their entire situation, then our armies come in pretending they are some sort of savior, and of course rebuild everything using US taxpayer funds. Russia could have easily done by this now.

The media is using this signal that they don't have the capabilities to do so. However, this individual claims that Russia actually cares about the people of Ukraine. They are not trying to alienate the population. They are not trying to enrich defense contractors at the expense of Russia's taxpayers like the US does. They are not trying to destroy more than what they need to in order to keep the Ukrainian military from continuing in their futile attempts.

He says Russia wants to install a puppet regime, yes, that's Russia's goal, a regime that is more favorable to Russia's security interests.
    TL/DR
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What kind of optic is that even. Seems to sit quite high on the mount for no good reason.

Looks like a staged photo indeed, but it's not really fake news either, people are walking around with guns there.
    Looks like a Sig Sauer Romeo 5. Most individuals like to co-witness their red dot with their irons. If his front and rear sights sat high he might add the riser to co-witness.

Hmmmmm,

The day before.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...nord-stream-2/

Statement by President Biden on Nord Stream 2
    FEBRUARY 23, 2022

STATEMENTS AND RELEASES
    Since Russia began deploying troops to the Ukrainian border, the United States has worked closely with our Allies and partners to deliver a strong, unified response. As I said when I met with Chancellor Scholz earlier this month, Germany has been a leader in that effort, and we have closely coordinated our efforts to stop the Nord Stream 2 pipeline if Russia further invaded Ukraine.

Yesterday, after further close consultations between our two governments, Germany announced that it would halt certification of the pipeline. Today, I have directed my administration to impose sanctions on Nord Stream 2 AG and its corporate officers. These steps are another piece of our initial tranche of sanctions in response to Russia’s actions in Ukraine. As I have made clear, we will not hesitate to take further steps if Russia continues to escalate.

Through his actions, President Putin has provided the world with an overwhelming incentive to move away from Russian gas and to other forms of energy. I want to thank Chancellor Scholz for his close partnership and continued dedication to holding Russia accountable for its actions.

Putin Puts Russia's Nuclear Forces on Higher Alert

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb 26 (Reuters) - SpaceX billionaire Elon Musk said on Saturday that the company's Starlink satellite broadband service is available in Ukraine and SpaceX is sending more terminals to the country, whose internet has been disrupted due to the Russian invasion.

"Starlink service is now active in Ukraine. More terminals en route," Musk tweeted.

He was responding to a tweet by a Ukraine government official who asked Musk to provide the embattled country with Starlink stations.
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/m...et-2022-02-27/

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast