Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The GOP might do just as well letting Kokesh go for it

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I for one would like to see a "tax protester" get the Republican nomination and would like to see one elected to office even more so.
    What--that seems more honest to you than all of the 'Democratic tax protesters' we have in the Cabinet right now, telling us how patriotic it is to pay taxes? Why, whatever could be disingenuous about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by He Who Pawns View Post

So your statement that Rand is the lowest-hanging fruit is not necessarily true. But Peter and Rand are our top priorities.
    correction they are YOUR top priorities. $#@! OFF

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    disorder, why don't you move to NM and you and Kokesh can drive around the state in his Dad's RV wasting our limited resources as a movement, just to increase his vanity and ego. Just pray the RV does't get repo'd mid campaign.

Am I the only one who senses some ****-erotic support for Kokesh? I don't know what else explains this blind, delusional support, flying in the face of all evidence, logic and reason. I notice that a lot of male Kokesh supporters say, "I met Adam and I think he's awesome..." etc. It sounds very GAY to me.

As for Rand vs Schiff, we have already seen that Peter can raise truckloads of money, BEFORE even announcing. Not to mention that Peter can pump millions of dollars of his own money into the race, unlike Rand. Plus, to top it all off, Dodd is extremely vulnerable and will attract huge amounts of GOP cash.

So your statement that Rand is the lowest-hanging fruit is not necessarily true. But Peter and Rand are our top priorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I would still say that Rand has a better chance than Schiff simply because of a conservative running in a conservative state vs a conservative running in a liberal state against a very well recognizable incumbent.
    I would say Rand probably has a slightly better chance of winning although I think a Schiff win would be bigger.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Am I the only one who senses some ****-erotic support for Kokesh? I don't know what else explains this blind, delusional support, flying in the face of all evidence, logic and reason. I notice that a lot of male Kokesh supporters say, "I met Adam and I think he's awesome..." etc. It sounds very GAY to me.
    Do you really think you're strengthening your position by clutching at these straws?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

My arguments are already rock-solid and beyond any dispute. At this point, I am simply trying to figure what is causing these Kokesh dead-enders to continue on, in spite of overwhelming evidence showing that Kokesh is not viable.

I think it's very similar to all the Republican men who supported Plain, just out of lust. My guess is that many of Kokesh's most "devoted" male followers are homosexuals or bi-sexuals. If you notice, nearly all of them will say, "I met Adam at ______ and I am devoted to him...." etc.

It's the only thing that can explain this illogical behavior. Are any Kokesh male followers willing to admit a sexual attraction to him? Yes or no?

disorder, why don't you move to NM and you and Kokesh can drive around the state in his Dad's RV wasting our limited resources as a movement, just to increase his vanity and ego. Just pray the RV does't get repo'd mid campaign.

Gay bashing now? - bye bye
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Thanks, I was holding my tongue, resisting the urge to lash out.....glad I did.

I just realized that user joined the boards in 09. He definently had to be a troll.

Wondering if people are gay is not gay bashing, and hardly worth a banning.

And although I agree with HWP with regards to Kokesh's candidacy, he should probably just let them do their thing at this point.
    Last edited by No1ButPaul08; 08-13-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    How is sexual orientation relevant in any way to the discussion? It was just HWP pushing buttons as he always does. I was not able to watch this forum very closely for the last few months but am absolutely sick of timewasters like HWP derailing our trains.

Perhaps I'll have to reset my tagline to say "tyrant" but everyone should be aware that my tolerance of timewasters is at an all time low. We are entering the next phase of the r3VOLution and we have no time to waste. It was all well and fine entertaining frivolous debate during the lull. Now I am focused on winning as much ground during the 2010 cycle as possible

LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Insults and repetitive, spamlike posting, however, always have resulted in bans on this forum. And, no, I'm not talking about wondering if people are gay when I say insults, though that has certainly gotten a few asses kicked over the years...

banned... enjoy your time off troll

How is sexual orientation relevant in any way to the discussion? It was just HWP pushing buttons as he always does. I was not able to watch this forum very closely for the last few months but am absolutely sick of timewasters like HWP derailing our trains.

Perhaps I'll have to reset my tagline to say "tyrant" but everyone should be aware that my tolerance of timewasters is at an all time low. We are entering the next phase of the r3VOLution and we have no time to waste. It was all well and fine entertaining frivolous debate during the lull. Now I am focused on winning as much ground during the 2010 cycle as possible

LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY

Glad to have you back, brother!

Is HWP perma, or temp?

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    Glad to have you back, brother!

Is HWP perma, or temp?
    It's good to finally be getting off my ass - haha -

Temp till past the 2010 cycle...

~ C.Coolidge

How is sexual orientation relevant in any way to the discussion? It was just HWP pushing buttons as he always does.
    It's not, and I also agree HWP's button pushing is excessive, however, I do believe he is a worthwhile poster.

Quote Originally Posted by rph
    I was not able to watch this forum very closely for the last few months but am absolutely sick of timewasters like HWP derailing our trains.
    That's funny, because for the most part (especially with regards to Kokesh's candidacy), HWP is trying to get people to stop wasting their time. He believe's Kokesh's candidacy is a farce, and anyone using their time and money on it is wasting both. I happen to agree with that sentiment. I will say he should lay-off the name calling, and with regards to Kokesh's candidacy, move on at this point.

I will say he should lay-off the name calling, and with regards to Kokesh's candidacy, move on at this point.
    Well, you got your wish. Too bad the man didn't grant it himself, but he seemed obsessed with beating that horse's carcass instead.

The things he said were not necessarily invalid, it's how it said them. He needs to learn to lay off the personal attacks.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's good to finally be getting off my ass - haha -

Temp till past the 2010 cycle...
    A temporary ban for a year and a half? That seems kind of silly.

Yeah, don't go half-ass. Make it permanent.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

It's not, and I also agree HWP's button pushing is excessive, however, I do believe he is a worthwhile poster.
    Honey, honey, poison...

That's funny, because for the most part (especially with regards to Kokesh's candidacy), HWP is trying to get people to stop wasting their time. He believe's Kokesh's candidacy is a farce, and anyone using their time and money on it is wasting both. I happen to agree with that sentiment. I will say he should lay-off the name calling, and with regards to Kokesh's candidacy, move on at this point.
    That's not funny, fact is that this is one the same kind of talking points the shills used to marginalize RP. The logical conclusion of the argument is that we should not support anyone unless everyone agrees they "have a chance". That is such BS on so many levels, especially around a bunch of people who supported Ron Paul in 2008. If there was ever a candidate who didn't stand a chance, RP was it. The fact remains that we are now poised to turn the tide in this r3VOLution, because of our support of an impossible race. Fact is Adam has a much better chance than RP ever had. He may be a long shot, he may be edgy, but all movements have edges. Running one shows courage in the face of overwhelming odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The things he said were not necessarily invalid, it's how it said them. He needs to learn to lay off the personal attacks.
    HWP has been a PITA since he showed up and the only thing he seemed to be learning here was how better to stir up $#@!.

Not at all, it sucks having to ban people to begin with...

moving on...

~ C.Coolidge

Honey, honey, poison...
    No idea what this means

That's not funny, fact is that this is one the same kind of talking points the shills used to marginalize RP. The logical conclusion of the argument is that we should not support anyone unless everyone agrees they "have a chance". That is such BS on so many levels, especially around a bunch of people who supported Ron Paul in 2008. If there was ever a candidate who didn't stand a chance, RP was it. The fact remains that we are now poised to turn the tide in this r3VOLution, because of our support of an impossible race. Fact is Adam has a much better chance than RP ever had. He may be a long shot, he may be edgy, but all movements have edges. Running one shows courage in the face of overwhelming odds.
    Trying to compare a Presidential race to a Congressional race is silly. There is 1 Presidential race, and RP got in the debates, so it made his run worthwhile. On the other hand, there are 100 senate seats and 435 Reps. With limited amounts of resources ($ and volunteers), WE NEED TO PICK OUR SPOTS. Of course, each person ultimately needs to decide for themselves how they should use their personal resources. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be debate about how people think the resources should be used. Nor should there be any name calling if people don't use their resources how you would like.

Thank the Gods he's gone! Woohoo!

Trying to compare a Presidential race to a Congressional race is silly. There is 1 Presidential race, and RP got in the debates, so it made his run worthwhile. On the other hand, there are 100 senate seats and 435 Reps. With limited amounts of resources ($ and volunteers), WE NEED TO PICK OUR SPOTS. Of course, each person ultimately needs to decide for themselves how they should use their personal resources. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be debate about how people think the resources should be used. Nor should there be any name calling if people don't use their resources how you would like.
    It's the old "don't waste your vote" meme, tailored. A time honored technique of political marginalization in races at all levels.

Fact is that Kokesh is running, and has majority support among the r3VOLution. Ron Paul, BJ Lawson, RJ Harris, etc. have endorsed him, why do some people here think we should ignore them? He is already recieving national press. Why is that?

Trying to derail someone in place seems a waste of time, especially when you state yourself that we have 100's of more spots to fill. Find more candidates and let the market decide.

Finally, to insinuate HWPs behavior as "debate" is laughable...

~ C.Coolidge

Resolved.
    Last edited by RM918; 08-15-2009 at 11:37 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for finally banning He Who Pawns! It's fine that his opinion is that we shouldn't support Kokesh, but it's completely unnecessary for him to keep blabbering on in every thread about his hatred for him.
    Republican Precinct Committeeman, Arizona LD21.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

It would be nice if Kokesh could get the nomination with no effort.

sorry for double post . . .

It's the old "don't waste your vote" meme, tailored. A time honored technique of political marginalization in races at all levels.
    No, it's not. It's the don't waste your time and money principal so you can use valuable resources where races can actually be won.

Fact is that Kokesh is running, and has majority support among the r3VOLution. Ron Paul, BJ Lawson, RJ Harris, etc. have endorsed him, why do some people here think we should ignore them? He is already recieving national press. Why is that?
    Endorsements don't equal viability. Ron Paul endorsed Murray Sabrin in the past. Hardly anyone cares who BJ Lawson and RJ Harris endorse.

Trying to derail someone in place seems a waste of time, especially when you state yourself that we have 100's of more spots to fill. Find more candidates and let the market decide.
    The first sentence is complete nonsense, and falls within the previous investment trap. Kokesh's whole candidacy is a waste of time. Yes there are 100's more spots to fill (you could actually shut down big government with 40 senators.), but there is very limited resources, which needto be used wisely. Any resources used towards Kokesh's candidacy, takes away resources from IMO, a more worthwhile cause

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast